Bechtel National Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.1

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel National (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Easy get-to-know-you questions. The interviewer was very friendly and personable. Didn't give much information about the job position itself. The questions were standard pre-screen interviewing questions. Not taxing at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel National.

Interview

There was no real show stoppers. The interview process was very easy and if you know the job function and are confident with yourself. One should have no issues passing the interview process.

Negotiation

No negotiation

QC Inspector Interview

Interview

Manager and lead tag team questions that meant nothing. They don't recognise certifications here and will not pay to renew them when they are due.Very vague on earning potential for job.

Negotiation

Poor, They aren't working the hours that were promised at the interview. The salary doesn't pan out to anything.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel National (State College, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview for 30 min on campus. Second interview was over the phone by the functional management team. Over the phone interview was more about the role and not really an interview, which was really confusing. I guess the 1st interview determines if you are hire, second interview is not really an interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide example of a time when you had to make a critical decision
      Have you created a project schedule before
      What is the largest construction project you've worked on
      How willing are you to move to the other side of the globe
      Tell me what you know about Bechtel
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel National in January 2013.

Interview

Met for coffee and casually discussed my experience loosely based on my resume as well as my career goals and expectations. Was offered a job by the end of the interview. I had a very good employee referral, something which holds a lot of weight at this company.

Procurement and Contracts Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel National (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. My resume was sent in though a good reference. They asked about my leadership experience and wanted to learn about me. I asked them as many question regarding the position i was being interviewed for. After the phone interview, i got a call from them around a week later. They offered me the position and i accepted it. The paperwork was done before the interview, so all i had to do was the drug screening and they gave me the starting date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that isn't reflected through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Wing, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel National (Red Wing, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Professionally done.

Interview Questions

• How I managed conflicts at work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth.

Mechanical and Process Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel National (Richland, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a very simple Interview process. It was conducted entirely over the phone, which was convenient and inexpensive. It was a very technical and surprisingly difficult interview; however, it all worked out well as I got an offer which was quite good.

Interview Questions

• What is the lower flammability limit of hydrogen?   1 Answer

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel National (Richmond, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was hired out of college. My hiring manager did not explicitly interview me for the full time job as I had an internship with the company the prior summer and I was well-received. We talked briefly about my coursework and he informed me an offer packet was on it's way.

Negotiation

As a college graduate with no real world experience, there was no negotiating to be done on my end.

Construction Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel National in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in early August of 2011. I was interviewed in mid October, and an offer was made at the end of October. Do not trust the online application status tracker. If you are sitting at "Under Consideration" for more than a few days you aren't getting the job. Either a lazy manager or lazy HR rep just hasn't gotten around to dumping your name in the reject bin. The interview on my end was a joke. The manager just rambled on and on about how great Bechtel was. I actually had to interject into his rambling in order to get my piece in. I have however applied for other positions and they were a little more difficult. Most managers are interested in how you conduct yourself in certain situations. Usually they present you with a hypothetical situation that you will likely encounter on the job and then they ask how you deal with it, or how you don't.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the stresses of doing rework?   1 Answer

The position was a lateral move and had nothing better to offer me in the career enhancment department.