BellSouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BellSouth Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2017

3.2

Call Center Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followup with recruiter, phone, video, in person, way to many people involved
    Was lengthy and took too much time
    Would not recommend going through the process again
    Some questions were not job specific

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was typical.I interviewed with five people in total. The process took about four weeks total. The interview questions were not especially difficult. I interviewed for an hour with each leader.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourslef   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had an interview to work as a contractor for Bellsouth. I was informed that this position was very much for “Indians” and not “Chiefs” (a bad sign to begin with… not even accounting for the racism). I was told there would be a test and given the opportunity to study for the test which was very nerve racking. Because of the difficult study material, my tension was kind of high when I came to the place. They took me over to a cubicle and gave me the test. While I was taking it, a manager came up to me and started asking me questions because he had me confused with an employee they had just hired (bad sign #2, they hire and loose people so quickly that the managers don't know who's who). I let him know I didn't work there yet and he moved on. There was a question on the test that had me really confused. It seemed like none of the answers were right. I very politely mentioned it to the lady administering the test and she said I should just skip it. As we walked out she started asking me probing questions about my previous job, why was she asking this as we were walking out? (bad sign #3) I got the call back from the recruiter, he said I actually did very well on the test but they weren't interested in me because I “bad mouthed” it. If they consider just asking a question about a test to be a problem… after they put me through all the trouble of preparing for it and coming down there and taking it… if that’s how political this place is… then they probably did me a favor in not hiring me. What a ridiculous place. A few months later a guy I was working with told me that he had actually taken an offer to work in that position… but he left after 3 days when he got another job offer… and they never paid him for those 3 days.

Small Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BellSouth (Oakland Park, FL).

Interview

Hiring took ages. They completed an intense background check, an hour long phone interview with corporate in Atlanta, a behavioral analysis test, and a one-on-one interview that was eventually joined by a second manager.

Interview Questions

• It was an easy interview. It was a sales and service job in an inbound call center. If you can make people love you, sell your personality, you can make it through this interview with no problems. If you're not happy dealing with people or just can't hack it in a personal interview, this is not the place for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a union company. If you're union, it goes entirely by contract. The rest is commissions and bonuses that varied in goals and amounts.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

supervisor interview included what education what experience what salary. the interview was good and what I expected. They liked me because I was a Southern Tech graduate and they had several of these and they did a great job.

The overall experience was positive and good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

went through temp service. I interviewed with bellsouth manager. they were very nice and professional. the interviewer made me feel comfortable and I felt I could truly be myself.. I got a call from temp service within the hour saying I was hired

Interview Questions

• strengths and weakness? handling irate customers? where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Three tiered process before hiring was very difficult to navigate. This is a really well thought of company with opportunities to move up in the business if one applies themselves.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

A typical hour interview with behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were asked in a format to get the potential employee to answer with a specific situation, task performed, action taken and results of those specific situations (the STAR system). The interviewer typically asked two questions from a list of categories and attempted to get a STAR (situation, task, action and result) from each category. If the interviewer couldn't get a STAR from a certain category, he or she would move on to the next category.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that you couldn't help based on company policies. What did you do and say to the customer to explain the situation?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BellSouth (Carthage, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

Asked what kind of electrical back ground do you have, ever worked on telephone before, are you afraid of hieghts, what kind of test equipment have you used, can you work outside in the rain, snow, sun ,ect,

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights   1 Answer
    • what would you do if a customer started cussing you   1 Answer