Belly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Belly

2.4

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy ordinary questions. I had more experience then the managers. Not very difficult. Pre qualification interview then two other area managers. All managers were excellent sales people so they were moved up. very young tech company. High energy expected, so be dynamic and willing to work long hours. Dress is not important at all when meeting in person. I was over dressed compared to manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a tough sale you had to overcome?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty short interview process in terms of days, but I spoke on the phone with a woman from HR and then came to the office and interviewed with someone in HR and then an individual who manages the sales team and then a member of the sales team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. It is what it is, no wiggle room.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I saw the job listing on LinkedIn and applied directly from the Belly company website. I received an email the following day requesting a phone interview. The internal recruiter and I agreed on a day and time and we had an easy, introductory 20 minute phone conversation/interview.

She advised me the next steps would be an email from Belly outlining the compensation package and if I was still interested to respond back. I received the email as promised (which had a base pay of 30K, FYI) and responded I would like to move forward to an in-person interview. Over a week later I received an email stating they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• None really. Be knowledgeable on the product and be prepared to discuss how you would react to a difficult day on the job.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Typical phone interview with a really nice girl followed by an in person interview beginning with the same girl that led the phone interview. After she shows your around the office, you meet with a few different sales members and they tell you that this is more of a lifestyle than a job. Long hours, not a lot of pay, etc. You realize after the fact that the few people you meet with are the only few people in the office that actually love their job. Nothing against them, they are really nice people - they are just in the minority.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. I was told I needed to start a few days later and that wasn't negotiable and was told salary would be between 30 and 35,000 and was given the lowest sum. All new hires receive 30,000 now because they don't have any money and feel as though their sales people are replaceable. Earlier employees get 35,000.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belly.

Interview

I applied online and by connecting with HR on LinkedIn through my network. Did a phone screen and then travelled to Chicago to do an in-person interview with three people, including the person I would report to should I get the role.

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

What a bizarre experience. I was contacted by a Belly recruiter. We scheduled an interview. Interview time came and went. Didn't hear from her. The next morning she emailed and apologized. I replied within the hour and gave some available times. Didn't hear until the next day. We scheduled a new call time. I gave her my office line to use for the call because my cell phone (listed on my resume) gets poor reception. I had a sense that changing up the phone number (even though she had several hours notice), might be asking too much. I was right. Interview time came, she called my cell. I called her right back and got voice mail. Tried a few more times, same result. I emailed her as well. Never heard another word. They still haven't filled the position, so it wasn't that they found their ideal candidate in the midst of trying to organize interviews with me.

I know it's hard to run a start up, but how unfortunate that they can't hire competent recruiters for such an important task -- finding quality talent to take the firm to the next level.

Interview Questions

• What number should I use to call you?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belly.

Interview

My resume was submitted and I heard within a day from the recruiter. She set up a phone interview for the following day. It was approximately 20 mins long, asked how I have heard of their company, what I know about their product, etc. The next week I got a rejection email.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with HR. The next step was an in person interview, where I attended a culture event at Belly and spoke with the EVP of Sales. It was a really great conversation about my background and the role at Belly. I was also able to shadow someone on the inside sales team.

Next I came back in for an in person interview with the inside sales manager. She was very helpful in describing the role and asked me more questions about my background and why I wanted to work at Belly. We dove deep into my experience level and what I was looking for in my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Belly before? Where did you hear about Belly?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your background. Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Belly and what we do here?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years career wise?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a gatekeeper/obstacle at your last sales position? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Belly.

Interview

The interview process that I went through at Belly was absolutely awesome! When I applied for the Recruiter role at Belly, I knew that I wanted to work here, but was happy in my current role at the time, so I was going through a bit of internal struggle. However, after my phone screen with the Head of People at Belly (Jeremy), I was so excited about the potential of working with someone who had such robust and impressive experience. The excitement that I had, knowing how much I would learn in this role was enough to convince me that this was the role for me.

Then, when I walked into Belly for my first interview, I knew that this was the company for me. I loved the open concept layout in the office, but I most of all loved seeing everyone so happy and interacting with one another.

Throughout the interview process, I had a chance to meet with the Head of People, EVP of Engineering and the Human Resources Manager and Junior Recruiter who were there at the time. Everyone who I met with was so friendly and really provided a great deal of insight into the role and the company as a whole.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Belly (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one interview with HR, interview with CEO. Very causal phone interview asking about past experiences. First in person was also very informal. General over view of position. CEO interview was more in depth in regards to personality and responses to confidentiality scenarios. Overall the interviews took about 3 weeks, then after several e-mails back and forth with HR for follow-ups over a course of 3 more weeks they decided to take the role in a new direction. The overall process was extremely inefficient and lacking professionalism with their less than stellar ability to make decisions regarding the position.