Belmont University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Belmont University

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belmont University (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

This interview process was a little different than the average process because I had already worked at the University for a year and a half at a different position. There was a phone interview with 4 people on the other end. The next round was in person with a panel of 9 people. I knew just about everyone I was interviewing with, which made things a little more comfortable, but also put the pressure on to be able to prove why I would be good for the position.

Interview Questions

• Event planners have one of the most stressful jobs in the country, how do you handle stress and how can you handle it in this environment?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belmont University.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The phone interview was with the hiring committee, and then then live interview was more like a tour of the campus and 1:1 or 2-3:1 mini interviews with the various people on the hiring committee.

Interview Questions

• Very standard - "When was a time that you performed excellent customer service?" "What are your top 3 strengths." etc.   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belmont University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Three rounds of hiring take place for each candidate. Reviewing submitted applications, phone interview, and then an on campus interview. On campus interview you will have a long day of interviews with multiple groups, but it's helps you understand the culture of Belmont by spending time with so many people. In general, people are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Not exactly difficult, but you will be asked about your faith because Belmont is a Christian institution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Library Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belmont University (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

Very casual -- I was called in for an interview, and I met with the Library director one on one. He asked me basic questions about my interest in the job, but I could tell it was more to see what my character and personality would be on the job. Once the boss was satisfied, he scheduled a training for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions -- What are your interests? Are you flexible with your hours? How long are you looking to be employed?   Answer Question