Bench Craft Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bench Craft Company

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional, concise and the deciding factor as to why I chose Bench Craft. I interviewed with Christian, one of the top recruiters at the company who was flexible and accommodating to my existing schedule. He set expectations as to what is needed to be successful at the company. He also discussed the culture and management style which represents a team effort where everyone wants to help each other and support one another no matter seniority. I was also given a tour of the different departments and could see and feel the company working as a whole. I would highly recommend Bench Craft Company if you're looking to continue your sales career or even wanting to break into sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Talked on the phone and asked about my sales experience. Set up an in person interview and summary of the job. Asked me if I was willing to make 200 phones calls a day and I said I was. Was told I would be called later that day about the job. I was called later that day I'm pretty sure I had the job until he asked if I had any questions in which I didn't but I felt obliged to ask some questions. I asked a couple easy questions and then he said the job was still open and would get back to me if they were still interested and hung up. Make sure to ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make 200 phone calls a day? What sort of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Arlington, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They do not look at your resume, if you apply you get an interview. I should had never gone to interview waste of time. Would do them good to look at the resumes before they start hiring people.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief easy interview! Results are what they are looking for just like any sales job! You have to produce results to stay. That's how it should be though. I have been here two weeks and can say the most important thing is to ask great questions, always ask for help in the beginning. People there are nice and the one's that have been there for a while will go the extra mile but only if you apply what they say immediately and work hard and never give up!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

They sell you on the place and tell you alot of lies. The job is extremely low paying and most people will never earn commission. The company also has no loyalty and will fire you so quickly even though they provide no training. They sit you with a representative to listen for 10 minutes and then hire anyone who wants the job. Chances are you won't make it past a week.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Reston, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They hire anyone that has any experience at all. If you do not do well they will just fire you. They make the job sound great. In fact they try to sell YOU on the job and beg you to start asap. No hard questions. IMO anyone can get the job

Interview Questions

• Have you cold called? B2B?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The Sales manager Lawerence made it sound like the position was for elite sales people. He gave me a week to think about it. He said it was a meat and potatoes kind a job but he shold have said you have to have the phone glued to your ear at all times and put up a deal a day.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Arlington, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Lauren interviewed me. Nice girl, attractive, engaging, timely. The recruiters job is totally and absolutely pitching you on the job and setting unrealistic expectations. If they take you to the back to meet with the office manager(s) and take a little tour, you're hired. They try to make you think you're a special case, and they strongly consider you before giving the final approval, but I'm %99 sure it's all just BS to try and motivate employees. Lying/misleading/misrepresenting is something that almost everybody working for Benchcraft seems to be 'ok' with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company.

Interview

i replied to a craiglist ad with my experience and resume. they called me same day and we talked then i came in that afternoon for an interview. i met with 3 people and then followed up that afternoon. i was offered the job and started the following monday. it's an easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent resume in from a Craigslist advertisement. Was called in a week later, sat down with two of the three managers that were there. For about 40 minutes. They called me back in the next day and wanted me to come in and talk to Edward the sales manager and I told them I was going to stick where I was as I am currently employed. My gut feeling is that this company is not customer focused and just focused on getting the next $375 deal. Plus it didnt help seeing all of the negative reviews online from Yelp and other review sites from customers, it just validated what I was thinking. Also, Kevin mentioned there is a lot of "pressure" at this job and wants people to be able to handle it. In my opinion that just means you have someone yelling at you over your shoulder to close deals. I am guessing this is a 45-50k a year job for the few who stick around, you might have people make more than that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most relevant sales experience that I have? Outside of that it was just a bunch of general questions regarding my background. It didnt seem like they were interested in my experience, just wanted to see what kind of person I was.   1 Answer