Bench Craft Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

1.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bench Craft Company

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tigard, OR) in Sep 2020

Interview

I wouldn't call this an interview. This was a straight up sales pitch. I met with the "HR Representative" who basically started rifling off numbers about what I can make and for every deal you close you get to grab an envelope out of the "cash jar" and each envelope contained $20 or more. So no real questions on my work experience and how it would relate to the position for which I applied. I had to volunteer all my work experience that I believed to be relevant. Then I was told to hold on a minute so I could talk to the "sales manger". They come in quite arrogant and saying things like "Well on paper I would say a definite no on hiring you" (then why call me in for an interview?) but, you said a couple things that might give you a chance. I was offered to come on the next Tuesday for a training tryout. I declined. Total used car sales approach to the hiring process. After thoroughly reading previous employee reviews this place sounds extremely toxic to work at. Probably due to the couple people in charge of the sales team. And their response would probably be along the lines of you just don't have what it takes. Dismissive and condescending. Also when your handed a long list of arbitration provisions in the hiring process = RED FLAGS. You usually don't get into that until you are accepting an offer and filling out paperwork for HR.

Interview Questions
  • None all fluff and look how much you might make
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Portland, OR) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a call from their national recruiter. I went in for an interview the next day and was offered the position to start on Monday. The interview went pretty smoothly, just describing the position to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Reston, VA) in Nov 2019

Interview

They will lie to you about everything from benefits to job description, just to get you to sign up. Literally nothing they say is accurate, unless they tell you the job is based on ripping off small businesses.

Interview Questions
  • They don't really even ask questions, just tell you what they think will make them sound like an actual business.

Bench Craft Company

Application

I interviewed at Bench Craft Company

Interview

Super easy and fast still curious About the job. Sales job so I knew it be quote easy. This was over the phone, go in next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Denver, CO) in Jun 2018

Interview

One call and one interview, 2 days. It was not much of an interview, barely looked at my resume. The short process turned me away from the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Raleigh, NC) in May 2018

Interview

I interviewed with this company a while ago, but some thing keep bugging me about them. They just opened up the Raleigh, NC location, I spoke with one of the three guys in charge of hiring on the phone, he seemed like a decent guy. I sat down and interviewed with one another sales guy their. On my resume I stated I can quickly create rapport with people over the phone. The interviewer said that would not help me their in that sales job. He was just trying to posture me I guess, but he came across not professional. I actually called them back to see if they wanted to do a second interview. We set it up, I cancelled it the next day. It looks like a dodged a bullet. Their "product" isn't really a product. Its just putting signs on benches. Your more like a sign broker. Why not just so work for the sign company? I cant believe this is really a business. I hate this company even though I never worked their and I didn't want the job. Just hate knowing idiots like these are out their wasting everyone's time.

Interview Questions
  • How long have your been in sales?

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in Jan 2018

Interview

The interview had two parts, one video call with a district manager/hiring manager, then an in person with the office manager. The video call seemed to be a typical legitimate interview, but once you're there talking to the office manager it's really more of a sales pitch than an interview. You're drawn in by promise of "doable" sales numbers that yes, are doable, if you're willing to work hard, but the company will make up rules along the way to get out of paying you what they originally promised you. For instance, the number of sales you make are tiered (sell X ads a month and you will make $X, sell X many more and you'll make $X much more). However, if you skip a tier because you are just that good at selling, they will only pay you half of that tier that they originally promised, and MIGHT pay you that much next month if they "feel" that you can keep up those numbers. This is just how it was explained to me after I was given a check that was $250 short. "Cash grabs" are also another gimmick used to give you that instant gratification when you're first starting out, but after the first 30 (or maybe it was 60) days, you have to have 8 sales a week in order to keep up your grabs for the next week. That's an extra $10-50 you can make per sale, that they'll take away if you don't make 8 sales that week. Therefore, say you have a not-so-great week and sell 6 ads. That next week you may sell 20 ads, but you miss out on your cash grabs, and therefore may be missing out on anywhere from a $200-$1000 bonus. Without those grabs, you might as well be working hourly. Regardless of all that, the hourly rate is not bad.. but that's if you are able to deal with the culture of micromanaging, miserly corporate.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of relevant experience do you have that you can bring to this job?

Bench Craft Company

Application

I interviewed at Bench Craft Company

Interview

I was contacted by an associate for a job interview, set one up and unfortunately had to cancel. I received two calls on the day I was supposed to interview, asking “where are you?!” from a different associate than I scheduled the interview with. Communication doesn’t seem to be very good at this company and I’ve read some really bad reviews about their customer service from clients. I have since been contacted three times by different associates to schedule an appointment. I have the feeling they have a high turnover rate with the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Denver, CO) in Nov 2017

Interview

Brief 1 on 1 meeting with hiring manager. He spends about 15 minutes discussing history of company & then about 15 minutes explaining position. He will ask questions regarding duties of position along the way.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable making sales over the phone?

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Denver, CO) in Oct 2017

Interview

Process included one phone interview where they asked basic questions to get to know my background and experience and why I was interested in the role. Then I was invited for an interview in the office where he talked at me about the company and how great the salary, benefits, commission etc. were, without asking me any questions.

Interview Questions
  • What interested you in this role at Bench Craft?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews