Bench Craft Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bench Craft Company

1.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Arlington, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Had to meet with someone from "home office". Met with him in what I later discovered was a fake office. It was not for anything other than to appear professional, and was away from where everyone actually sat. Promises of opportunities that are made impossible to obtain.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional, concise and the deciding factor as to why I chose Bench Craft. I interviewed with Christian, one of the top recruiters at the company who was flexible and accommodating to my existing schedule. He set expectations as to what is needed to be successful at the company. He also discussed the culture and management style which represents a team effort where everyone wants to help each other and support one another no matter seniority. I was also given a tour of the different departments and could see and feel the company working as a whole. I would highly recommend Bench Craft Company if you're looking to continue your sales career or even wanting to break into sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Woburn, MA).

Interview

They have you call and ask for "Barry". A man whom does not exist. Instead of asking for Lawrence (recruiter) which is an odd theory. Why not just ask for Lawrence? They interview you on the telephone first, then come in for a secondary interview and if they like you, they hire you. You'll get a call later that day from Lawrence aka Barry for an offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you've ever done cold calling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent resume in from a Craigslist advertisement. Was called in a week later, sat down with two of the three managers that were there. For about 40 minutes. They called me back in the next day and wanted me to come in and talk to Edward the sales manager and I told them I was going to stick where I was as I am currently employed. My gut feeling is that this company is not customer focused and just focused on getting the next $375 deal. Plus it didnt help seeing all of the negative reviews online from Yelp and other review sites from customers, it just validated what I was thinking. Also, Kevin mentioned there is a lot of "pressure" at this job and wants people to be able to handle it. In my opinion that just means you have someone yelling at you over your shoulder to close deals. I am guessing this is a 45-50k a year job for the few who stick around, you might have people make more than that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most relevant sales experience that I have? Outside of that it was just a bunch of general questions regarding my background. It didnt seem like they were interested in my experience, just wanted to see what kind of person I was.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company.

Interview

i replied to a craiglist ad with my experience and resume. they called me same day and we talked then i came in that afternoon for an interview. i met with 3 people and then followed up that afternoon. i was offered the job and started the following monday. it's an easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

They sell you on the place and tell you alot of lies. The job is extremely low paying and most people will never earn commission. The company also has no loyalty and will fire you so quickly even though they provide no training. They sit you with a representative to listen for 10 minutes and then hire anyone who wants the job. Chances are you won't make it past a week.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief easy interview! Results are what they are looking for just like any sales job! You have to produce results to stay. That's how it should be though. I have been here two weeks and can say the most important thing is to ask great questions, always ask for help in the beginning. People there are nice and the one's that have been there for a while will go the extra mile but only if you apply what they say immediately and work hard and never give up!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company in September 2015.

Interview

Tour of the company/building, explanation of the product and what is being sold, a low down on the management, etc. You might talk to one or two people, in my case I talked to three different people. There is definitely a gauge of your personality type, that is something very important at Bench Craft.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Woburn, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Responded to craigslist ad and sent resume. Received telephone call and brief discussion of experience. Came in for interview and discovered it had basically already been decided to hire me. With the high continuous turnover in their employees I believe they hire almost anyone who has some fair amount of sales experience. They are not that picky.

Negotiation

They start all sales people at the same rate which is $2400.00 per month. Monthly raises are available based upon performance. There are people there who within several months may double their base salary. To do so though requires hundreds of calls daily and not having scruples about lying to small business owners.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bench Craft Company (Woburn, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked specific quesitons about my sales capability and closing experiecne.

Negotiation