Benchmark Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.8

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY).

Interview

Spoke to HR on the phone, and had an in-office interview with the two owners and another top level employee. I left the interview process before an offer could have been made.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual interview questions - mostly about my background and experience, and how it would apply to their company.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY).

Interview

Met with several people, generally one at a time, from various departments. Each person was clearly experienced, informed, friendly, and professional. The entire process was somewhat lengthy, but informative. I developed a very clear and comprehensive sense of the department, the staff, the office environment, as well as the various upcoming projects.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a non-technical phone screen and a subsequent onsite interview. The phone screen clarified what stack the team works with. Right after the phone screen, I scheduled the onsite. I met with the leader of the team I would be working under. I was asked to explain unidirectional Flux data flow. There were no algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would implement any frontend framework to show information from a database.   Answer Question

Copyeditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Education.

Interview

The entire interview process took about a month from start to finish. It took forever for Human Resources to follow up with me. It gave me a bad first impression, but I was desperate for a job at the time. I really had to hound them. Once I got the in-person interview, it was fine. They asked several behavioral questions. They really try to screen you to see if you can handle a boss that yells all the time. I believe the boss was not there at the time.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed by Human Resources then had a technical interview with the technical support team. I got asked some few basic computing questions then i was taken around the office.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY).

Interview

The HR person was very aggressive. It was very off-putting, so much so that I considered leaving before the interview with the management but thought it would be rude. While I was waiting, I heard a woman berating at least two employees. Overall, it seemed like a nice place but there were serious red flags.

Editorial Content Creation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, about a week or two later a woman from HR called me to talk to me about the position and to set up an interview. My interview was set up for a week later. It was somewhat confusion getting there. Once you get off the Metro North, there's no signs or anything letting you know what streets are in both directions to the left and right. The street that Benchmark is on is also kind of strange. The numbers on the buildings start off going in the correct order, then all of a sudden one of the buildings has a totally different number, leading you to believe that you are going in the wrong direction but then picks back up after this mystery numbered building. I got to my 10:00am interview about a minute or two late. In which I ended up waiting another 10 minutes before the lady from HR came to greet me and give me papers that I could fill out while I waited for the first interviewer, which took about 5 minutes. At around 10:15 the guy that was suppose to see me earlier at 10:00 finally makes his way in. He started off pretty approachable and casual, then somewhere after the first two or three questions he started getting aggressive and pretty much throwing shade. Some of his questions had to do with my work experience and drilling me about my knowledge of common core in relation to me being a tutor. He drilled me like my resume said I was a 7th grade teacher for 10 years instead of a tutor for a year. Although he drilled me he made sure he was done in his allotted time even though he was late. My next interviewer was scheduled to see me at 10:30am, in which she got to me only a few minutes after 10:30. She was very nice, her questions were very straight forward but still casual and had only to do with things in relation to the job I was applying for. I felt like I was thoroughly prepared for her interview and she didnt throw any type of shade. After she left I continued to work on my application and then another woman from HR came in to talk to me who had just started at the company three days prior. I was told that they would all talk together and get back to me as soon as they reached a decision. I get I interviewed about a week before Thanksgiving, but I have still yet to hear anything back from them and its almost been a month since my interview.

Interview Questions

• -How would you describe your knowledge of technology and your ability to learn?
      -Do you speak any other languages besides English?
      -Where do you live?
      -What are your project management skills like/can you keep deadlines?
      -On a scale of 1-10 where would you place your grammar skills?
      -What attracted you to Benchmark Education?
      -What on are site in particular did you like that attracted you to Benchmark Education?
      1 Answer

Strange Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent resume, contacted by HR and asked to fill out a questionnaire and email it back. Then got numerous emails and voice mails to schedule an interview which seemed a bit aggressive. I come in and then have to fill out a paper employment form (haven't needed to do that in over a decade), sat with HR and chatted a bit. Manager came in and was asking random questions jumping all over my resume. Didn't provide any samples of the products and wasn't interest in seeing what I brought. Then asks me what salary I'm looking for and hadn't even told me about the job. Then manager said he'd be back in a minute and didn't come back! Very unprofessional.

Project Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Two days of interviews--in each one I met with three different people separately. The interviews lasted 2-3 hours. Unfortunately, no one could tell me what position or projects they would be hiring me for.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benchmark Education (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with human resources people and then a few editors. It was a fair amount of back and forth. There was no negotiating on the salary it was take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• Can you stay level headed in a stressful environment?   1 Answer