Benco Dental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Benco Dental

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Pittston, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with typical resume and behavioral questions. The second round was an in office interview with 2 people with more resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Benco Dental and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Pittston, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very professional. It was clear that I was talking to an expert in his specialty area and I felt confident as we scheduled our on site interview. Prior to this, I completed a swath of online questions, including salary questions that you are not able to bypass. I then completed a behavioral index and some other paperwork. I showed up for my appointment and didn't have to wait too long in the lobby.

The in person interview was really just a waste of my time and theirs. The "culture dept" rep immediately brought up my education. I was very transparent in regard to my formal education in both my phone interview and online in the screening. However, it was clear that 8 years of experience in not only the role that I was applying for, but in managing others in that role as my career had progressed, was not going to matter as the "tick the box" recruiting process had already made a decision. Truly, a phone call would have sufficed. The hiring manager called me days later, and stated that he had been "petitioning" to get me in and stated that I was clearly a fit for the role but the box not being ticked in this case, meant that none of the interview mattered nor did my experience.

Fortunately, I was recruited shortly thereafter and after interviewing with the VP of Operations at my new company, I was reminded that demonstration of being a continual learner and having a strong work ethic, still matters in a world of check boxes and personality index forms.

Interview Questions

• An array of standardized questions. Some pertaining to technical prowess, some more operational in nature. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Vice President Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benco Dental.

Interview

HR randomly calls me and just starts interviewing me. I had just finished a phone interview when Benco called. I thought the HR was calling to schedule an interview like every single company I've dealt with. Instead they just started firing away with questions. My fault for not stopping it but it was very odd. Then to top things off I never heard from them again. Not even a rejection email. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Benco? First question out of the box   1 Answer

Aug 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. With over 200 potential candidates for this senior level role, we started screening calls with those who have the most applicable experience. We begin each call by... More

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

If you have months to apply for a job and time for 10 interviews on what you did in high school this job is for you. First you get an interview phone call then the hiring managers calls then the director of sales then the HR dept then back to the hiring manager. I feel like a yo-yo

Interview Questions

• What did you do in high school, what subjects did you like   Answer Question

Jun 14, 2017

We appreciate your patience with our interview process – we do receive a high volume of applicants and going through them can take us some time as we like to give everyone a fair look. From an... More

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Pittston, PA).

Interview

Long process that you have to go back several times. Takes forever to get word back whether or not you receive the position. They have orientation every two weeks which should give you a clue on how often they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Parts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Pittston, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interesting interview in the annals of "Culture and People" (HR department in the real world). I was interviewed by two managers of separate departments (as both departments were interested in me). Fairly casual affair getting to know me and my job history and expertise. Overall a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• They do one of those Behavioral/Personality Questionnaires/Metrics.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benco Dental (Pittston, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Tedious. Teleconference with initial hiring manager (about 60 minutes) was pleasant and professional, but they ask you questions about high school over 25 years ago and then chronologically exasperate you . . . . then a personality test . . . then you wait. . . then a second teleconference with Mr. Big Wig (about 16 minutes). . . MBW asks about high school too and asks the same insipid questions all over again that the hiring manager already asked me. . . then you wait to hear from them. . .job was probably over six months old when they interviewed me for it. . . MBW call was rushed with inordinate preoccupation about money and your prior salary history before establishing value, rapport, and relationship, which never occurred. MBW unprepared for call despite resume and proposal on file. No interest in discussing company vision or values. No passion for business shown. It's all about the money. I got the feeling either I was asking too much and they wanted me on the cheap, or I was asking too little and they figured I wasn't worthwhile talking to. Did not get job but have no idea why or what they were really looking for. A very disappointing process and waste of my time. There were other positions I feel I should've been considered for, but once you are ruled out, you are not considered again. Interview experience did not match the corporate vision and warmth that their website seems to project. They do not return phone calls even after the interviews. However, Glass Door reviews of company definitely reflected the general personality of MBW. Got a rejection email on Day #70 that they were moving ahead with other candidates, so I guess now they are into month 10 or 11 in their quest to find the perfect rock star. . . since the job is still listed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you did in high school 25+ years ago.   1 Answer

Executive Level Interview

Interview

Very odd process. After typical HR screening, received random phone call from VP HR with no advance warning and interview just starts. Fortunately, I was prepared. Fly in for day of interviews and meet with various mid and upper-level employees. In-person interview with HR was comprehensive history of entire life and career (back to childhood) . Interview with Cohen and other senior staff fairly standard meet and greet. Never heard from them after interview. Not disappointed (wouldn't have accepted position anyway) but not letting someone know status after they spent 36 hours travelling/interviewing isn't a great reflection of company.

Interview Questions

Benco Dental Response

Jul 26, 2018 – Talent Specialist

Our process starts with a phone screen (sometimes two), especially when there are a high number of strong candidates and/or when candidates will be asked to travel a distance to interview in person... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benco Dental.

Interview

I was given a thorough overview of what would be expected of me and my comfort level with those requirements. It unfortunately became clear that I didn't have the full extent of the skills they were looking for.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Benco Dental in March 2010.

Interview

extremely long process of not hearing back, then being called in weeks later for a second interview, then not hearing from them again for another 3 weeks to come in again and shadow......