Berdon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One round of interviews with two sets of employees. The conversation rotated mostly around their corporate culture based on learning and professional development. It also focused on the benefits of a mid-sized firm as opposed to the Big Four.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They do a short, pre-screening phone call around ten minutes long where they ask you about your school, major, and availabilities. They would schedule a time for you to come in for an in-person interview with a member from Human Resources. Was called in for a second round with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school?
      Why did you choose your major?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Not intimidating or stressful at all. Met with HR, Partner, and a manager. Went through the standard interview procedures (weaknesses, strengths, past experiences, what you look for, etc.). All the interviews were 1 on 1 at a time. Left time at the end for any questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a past experience where you worked in a team setting   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Asked about resume generally, experiences, no behavioral type questions. Had interviews with 4 people. Tendency to lie about what exactly one will be doing in tax group. It will most likely be compliance work no mater what they tell you.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berdon.

Interview

Had an interview with two tax associates who were also interns before. I applied through university recruting website. Very nice people, easy questions more like a conversation, relaxed atmosphere. it took half an hour. They prefer you to be eligible and/or complete CPA by graduation.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a referral and submitted resume on school database. HR set up an interview quite quickly. Process took about two weeks. Two people interviewed me at the same time. Very relaxed and conversational meeting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Additional talking points drawn from resume.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berdon.

Interview

Went to University Career fair and met representatives from company, handed out my resume and then proceeded to apply through my university's internal career website. They invited me for an interview, and they also hosted a dinner the night before the actual interview. The purpose of the dinner was to get a feel of the interviewee's personality and interpersonal skills. The interview was pretty informal for me because I interviewed with a woman who I had been sitting and talking with at the dinner the night before. After the interview was over, she invited me to the second round of interviews in their NYC location. I have yet to go on the interview but I am looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in pursuing a career in accounting? What is one of your greatest accomplishments? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

two rounds。first round met w/ one hr and one partner。second round met w/ one principle and one partner。got a senior show me around the office。they wont leave you alone there,hr would keep you company as you are waiting for next interviewer。so can ask more questions if you have。wont feel uncomfortable。they all seem very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds with two different teams. First round meet with HR, supervisor, manager and partner. Second round meet with a manager and a partner. Asked details of the work I performed on audit. I think the second-round partner determine if you are a good fit for the position. HR is very nice and would keep you accompanied between the periods interviewers coming in.

Interview Questions

• Detailed work experience. What I do in my current position.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berdon (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through school's campus center. The recruiter took all the candidates out to dinner and then had interviews the next day. The dinner was to get to people's personalities and see if they would be able to hold a conversation outside of work. The interview wasn't bad, no tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a position where you faced a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question