Bernards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bernards Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.1

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bernards.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter regarding an opening for one of their projects. The recruiter then swiftly scheduled (3) different interviews for me. Each interview was held at a different job site and was about an hour long. The interviewers I met all genuinely wanted to know who I was and gave positive vibes about the company. After expressing my strong interest and completing the interviews, the recruiter then gave me the fairest offer, which I happily accepted. Overall, after having an effective communication with the recruiter, the interview process ended flawlessly.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bernards (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth from beginning to end. All personnel were very courteous and very professional. What I liked the most about the process was that everyone genuinely cares about enhancing your career path as well as making sure you will contribute to Bernards. Which in my opinion is a great way to add new positions that will easily integrate into their teams. The interview process was a phone screening with HR Director, interview with the VPs, interview with Senior PM, last interview with the Program Manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me a quick overview of your typical day with your previous employer.   Answer Question

Associate Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bernards (Asheville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Very open and informal, yet professional; directly to the point - which I really enjoyed. I'd prefer to be asked, "what do I bring to the table?" and have an honest discussion of the position and how I'd fit - too many other employers are vague and give false impressions both ways. I was so excited to learn about the company, as it was presented in a terrific way, and left the interview feeling, "wow, this is an amazing company with whom to grow".

Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bernards (San Fernando, CA).

Interview

The interview process I went through consisted of several rounds of interviews. I started with an interview at a job site where they were looking for someone to fill a specific role for the job. I interviewed with the project manager. The call back time was not too long and the second round was at the office where I met several executives and got a tour of the main office.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bernards (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with an HR department manager and my college. She was nice but didn't ask me many particular questions. I talked more rather then being prodded for questions about my qualifications.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bernards.

Interview

Once my resume was reviewed, I was contacted to be interviewed by several VP's of the company. Once I passed this portion of the process, I was scheduled to meet with one of the Project Managers at a specific project. After this interview I was called by one of the VP's who first interviewed me and I was offered a position. All men that I met with were extremely cordial. I knew this was the place for me when I met Jeff Bernards. He's now the President of the company, but his excitement for the company and the evolution of the construction industry was contagious.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you've made in your career and how did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bernards (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview. Questions were not to really relating to the position but more to understand who you really are as a person. Bernards really hires great people and they look for great people. This is determined in Step 1.

Step 2: Jobsite interview with a superior to your position. Once you complete the joist interview you will interview with an executive of the company. You will interview with one of the Bernard Brothers or the company's COO.

Step 3: They will make their decision following Step 2 and either call you with an offer or a denial.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be position related and will not be anything surprising. Questions truly depend on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is typical, Bernards will try to get you for the lowest rate and you will try to be hired for the highest rate. They are fair if you can negotiate well; however, if Bernards wants you they will hire you no matter what.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bernards (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You can tell a lot about a company by their interview process. Bernards has a three step process for new hire candidates. The first interview is typically a phone call to discuss your overall plans for your career path. Hopefully all goes well and you get a second interview which could be with a project team (this is a good sign). This will most likely be held with the Project Executive and Project Manager. I enjoyed this interview since it was onsite and got to see two of their projects going up. After these first two assessments (since you rocked it!), you will meet with a member of the executive group (VP, SVP, COO etc). You made it this far, keep calm, be yourself, and go for the win. Overall, Bernards is a well rounded, and grounded company with rooted core values. My team has been very welcoming and helpful. A great place for the long run. Highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work ethic! (this was a great question)   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bernards (San Fernando, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough, detailed, informative, and smooth. The whole process was smooth and I really like that they could work my work schedule. I met and spoke with the company Owners. It felt like I was speaking with long-time friends. They were open-book about everything.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke to a current co-worker of yours, what would he/she say about you?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bernards (San Fernando, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with multiple persons after having a phone interview. The process was rather enjoyable and the genuine interest during the process was reassuring. Each person (total of 5 including phone call) was respectful and passionate about their work and Bernards. After the in-person interviews Glen followed up and was open each step of the way. They then provided an offer letter that was clear and met their verbal communications.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my living location and how I would handle commuting and personal time.   1 Answer