Best United Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best United Buy

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best United Buy (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Went really well pretty easy interview. Hiring manager was really friendly. Simple questions. Brought me in the office and asked me my availability for the job, why would you be suitable for this job.

Interview Questions

• How do you know if the customer is wanting to close on a sale?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best United Buy in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview. They asked a bunch of situational questions that you really can't get right or wrong. The interview is to see what type of person you are and how you react to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Accepted Offer
      Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hamburg, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied internally and was previously a consultation agent. Interview process was straight forward, was asked several customer service related questions and given different scenarios. I was given an offer right after I finished my interview.

Interview Questions

Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Answer Question
      Describe a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question
      Name a time when you or your team failed to follow the rules. What was the situation and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What setting does the Multimeter have to be set when testing voltage on a battery?   Answer Question
    • What voltage does a car battery produce when the vehicle is off, and what does it produce when the vehicle is running?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best United Buy (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   Answer Question