Big Boy Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2016

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Boy Restaurants

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants.

Interview

I got a call about two weeks after I sent my application. An interview was set up for the next day. It lasted about five minutes and was the easiest interview I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Toledo, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my prior work experience, which I had plenty of. I was asked about how I worked in A team and other similar questions. The interview questions had nothing to do really with how the job actually worked. The person interviewing me seemed very unorganized and was just reading from a script, but he didn't even know that very well. It was not very professional at all.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron Center, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Byron Center, MI).

Interview

They ask about your job history and have you memorize the menu. pretty standard for restaurants as far as that goes.

Interview Questions

• asked random details about the menu i was supposed to have memorized.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated. Just took what I could get at the time.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Milan, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

It was comfortable and the questions asked were all related to the job. It was an easy interview. I got along with the manager right away. The owner sat down and asked a few questions as well. They were very friendly people. They let me know that I would be meeting many new people that I would see on a regular basis. I did too. I formed many customer relationships,

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Very brief and quick hire. Due to their high volume of employee turn over, they hire left to right. Quality of managers and co workers and up and down depends on your store location. They may move you around the store because some stores are short handed.

Interview Questions

• Years of restaurant experience   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (West Bloomfield, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Simple one on one Met with mgr at restaurant sat at a table held an interview. interview took approx. 20- 30 minutes could have ben shorter. That was pretty much it

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Romeo, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Super easy, but my mother worked there and the manager knew me. I had been coming in after sitting for a waitress, and I would help my mother close at night. Because of this the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with people before   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Ypsilanti, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Meet the manager, sit down and answer question. The manager with sit with you one on one. It is very informal. Dress nicely if for a better result when interviewed. They like to know that you will be a responsible employee who shows up on time. Also say you are a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with being a waiter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Very basic, very easy. Emphasis on commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions that I remember, but expect the hiring manager to ask "scenario" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Hiring manager stated the hourly rate and you either accept or decline.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Boy Restaurants in August 2008.

Interview

Slow, painful. Took director forever toi interview me and human resources did not care that it took that long. Someone in upper management needs to take the time to look at what is being done, directors do not know what the are doing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation, they offer a set rate and that is all you can get. If you want more, go somewhere else. They pay far less than other restaurants and that is why they have such a high turnover and junk managers. Why would a college educated person work for 12$ an hour, holidays and weekends. They think they are the best but are horrible.