Big Switch Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview - 1hour
    Talked about my projects. He talked about the company. Then coding question. He asked me to write in C even though I told him I'm comfortable in Python. Implement queue using array. He sensed my discomfort and asked me a different question.

Interview Questions

Big Switch Networks Response

Oct 22, 2018 – Global Staffing

Thanks for you feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for your candidate experience!
    We are addressing this internally and have already made adjustments to our process.
    Our goal is to... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Seems to be take a long time to decide. The hiring process is very lengthy split over many days with only one or two interviewer taking part every day. The folks were nice and polite, so that was the mitigating factor.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was referred by current employee. Received call from HR to schedule interview, and also to request a copy of current resume. Met with VP first. HR second. Received offer 4 hours later. Started the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Are you looking for a long term assignment?   3 Answers

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks.

Interview

I had applied online via LinkedIn/Glassdoor. Got the call directly from the manager itself, who had scheduled a 30 mins interview, He barely asked me anything, just asked if I know whats on the job profile, for a few questions I took a little time and he was rude to me saying that I don't need to look up. The networking questions he asked, I answered it completely, I was very satisfied hoping at least for another coding round or something but I was rejected. In the phone interview itself, he could have asked so much more at least some basic programming questions, but instead ended the call in 10 mins, very weird.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Do you know VM Ware?
      Q2. Do you know BIOS?
      Q3. Networking L3 questions   Answer Question

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A series of interviews with the company management. I was interviewed by the development director, the VP of engineering, the QA director and one of the product managers. The overall experience was good, I got the sense they knew the technology and that my value to the company would depend on how well I could master the technology, rather than on personality.

Interview Questions

• How does a learning switch work?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

This was one the worst interview experiences that i ever had. Was referred by a friend and was reached out by the hiring manager the same week. The hiring manager started asking questions on L2 and VMware. I told him that i haven't worked much on L2 and VMware and my expertise is in L3. No single question on L3. I tried answering the questions to the best of my knowledge and was invited onsite.

During the onsite interviews, what i observed was arrogance of the interviewers. They started behaving like they are the guru's of networking industry. They think that what they know is right and correct and don't even listen to what you are even saying. I strongly feel they should first learn how to interview people. The HR personal said that i would be hearing back in couple of days. I tried following up with him but never heard back.

When a person is spending time to come and interview, giving feedback is one of the basic things the company should do. Based on these kind of experience's you get to know what kind of company you are getting into and i never wanted to go to company like this.

Interview Questions

• Un-related networking questions and basic Python questions (very basic) like defining a function (Seriously?)   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied through internal referral. Had a conversation with hiring manager followed by technical phone interview. Went onsite and had 6 rounds of interviews. 4 technical and 2 overall cultural fit. Received an offer that is lower than the current one. Discussed with recruiter and asked to rework on offer. Recruiter came back with slightly increased options. Hiring manger was helpful but gave a very short time to think about the offer. Seemed like hiring manger and recruiter were not in sync. Overall, the process seemed very pushy and inconsiderate of the applicant situation which is huge red flag.

Interview Questions

Big Switch Networks Response

Feb 5, 2019 – H.R. Business Partner

Hi there. Thank you for leaving a review. We wish you had a much better experience during your interview process. If you are available to discuss the process and if there is anything we can do to... More

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big Switch Networks in May 2011.

Interview

I was shocked they called someone from my linkedin who happens to be my current employer without my knowledge. That was totally unacceptable and pissed me off. Besides that the interview was ok, read up some algorithm puzzles books and you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• standard algorithm questions on trees, permutations, etc, specifically find ancestors in bst, generate permutations of strings.   Answer Question