Biocon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biocon Interview Questions

Interviews at Biocon

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biocon in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was mostly technical with basics of protein and enzymes being covered. the work environment is very demanding and challenging and requires long hours. The hiring manager was friendly and asked question on what you answer. The pay was not good compared with the work load. Required to be worked on few saturday. Nice food with free coffee and lunch.

Interview Questions

• What are the different purification resins used? What kind of purification technique will you use for a given instance?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biocon.

Interview

I got the interview call through employee referral. The interview was pretty detailed. There were 3 managers on the panelThey asked application based questions on the points given on resume.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Only standard and logic based questions. If you have really done the stuff given under experience on your resume, you will be fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. they have fixed pay at entry level.

R&D Downstream Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biocon in March 2018.

Interview

I reached out to Assistant Manager at Biocon regarding any viable opportunity for Chemical Engineer with bioprocess engineering background, through LinkedIn.

He gave me the contact of Scientific Manager at Biocon and I contacted him through LinkedIn and then he arranged for the telephonic interview. HR manager contacted me and the first telephonic round was scheduled in March 2018.

My first round was with Scientific Manager and it was the pretty laid back interview. He was mainly interested in my technical skills especially in the field of biochemical and bioprocess engineering. It was core technical interview and lasted for one hour and he was very friendly.

Then the second round, which was again telephonic, was scheduled on 30th May 2018. The second round was conducted by R&D GM at Biocon.
    It was also technical based round but was more comprehensive than the previous one.

After the second round, I was contacted by HR person asking me to submit few documents and fill out an application form consisting of basic HR questions and salary expectation.

It has been more than 3 weeks after I have submitted the required documents and I have still not heard back Biocon. I think I quoted a high number for salary.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Biocon (Johor Bahru (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by field supervisor and then by HR director, followed by President. The supervisor investigated my past work experience to relate to the work I'd applied. I had hard time negotiating salary with HR Director. The President wrapped up the interview session by showing green flag.

Interview Questions

• Since you are married, are you able to take up this job which requires you to perform rotating shift and 5 months job training at Bangalore?   Answer Question
    • Explain briefly your past work experience.   Answer Question
    • Are you a job hopper? This job requires you to sign bond for a period of 3 years.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biocon.

Interview

Faced two different telephonic interview from two different teams. One team asked very basic biochemistry questions and it lasted around 20 min, while the other team asked very in-depth technical questions from the CV and general biochemistry and I was qualified in both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what is the molarity of water? what is the basics of SDS page and its components?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biocon (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

had to forward the resume to hr. got interview call after 2 dys. basically asked questions based on resume and basic biotech questions. it was not too difficult as other interviews since it was through employee referral. was told abt the work environment and my role as intern

Interview Questions

• Defination of normality, molarity and basic calculations for preparation of buffers   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biocon.

Interview

A fairly simple process with the HR asking for what exactly I was looking for through an internship here in Biocon. The manager asks brief questions on what we have studied and how as an intern we can implement in Biocon's business continuity plan.

Interview Questions

• How will your internship in Biocon help in the thesis project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biocon (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There was only a technical round.It was a Phone-in interview for 30 minutes with a lab personnel.They asked questions like what is Sds-page,Okazaki fragments,Beer-Lambert's law, PCR, difference between proteins and peptides

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biocon (New Delhi (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

The over all process was divided into 3 sections .
    1. Aptitude
    2.Analytical Reasoning
    3.Online/Offline Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe your tentative and qualities which will help our organisation to get the maximum output
      How will you bring new ideas for any aborted program which you suggest can be obtain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biocon (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

it was a telephonic interview. two of the employees where on a call at the time of interview under whom i was suppose to work if i get selected. the intern period was only for 3 months initially that can be extended for three more months later.

Interview Questions

• describe about protein structures   1 Answer