Birlasoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Birlasoft Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Birlasoft.

Interview

Two phone interviews and each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were mainly about previous project experience and research thesis. Also, I was asked to raise questions about their team and technology.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important part of team work?   Answer Question

Salary below expectation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Birlasoft in March 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. First was a technical Round and then it was Telephonic Round. It went good overall. Then it took around 2 months to get my offer letter after Background checks.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my introduction and went through some of the technical queries   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Birlasoft (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. It took 1 month for the response from Birlasoft. Another 1 month to get through the interview.

I was confirmed that I am selected. Also received the offer letter but later on the staffing company informed that the position for which they were going to hire me is open again. They are NOT going to process work Visa even if they agreed before. Nothing was formally communicated from Birlasoft people. Also no response to emails & phone. I rejected their offer,

HR & Visa department are the worst. No work ethics at all. The HR has to learn how to speak, very poor communication skills.

Interview Questions

• How to you manage this situation: If you miss to test a major functionality just before UAT?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birlasoft in June 2014.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an 1st round interview. HR agreed with my expected package which was good part. After 1st round interview, HR told you have cleared and given heads up for 2nd round interview with client. But did not got further communication on 2nd round interview schedules. I will have to give bad ratings for not committing on what they said.
    Interviewer during 1st round was good in asking technical question. He was going much deeper on my knowledge. But I felt he was not aware of new versions and its functionality of product.

Interview Questions

• GIven me a two option for a specific design and asked me to identify the most approachable design.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer - Fulltime Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birlasoft (Stamford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed 2/25/2014 for this position by Rani Irudaya, a Biralasoft team member. Based on her responses during the interview, I did well. She told me my next interview would be with the hiring manager for the project I would be attached to. She stated she would contact my recruiter to schedule this interview. However, the next interview never happened. When I contacted the recruiter for an update, he promised a investigation but then never contacted me again.

Lack of follow up indicates a poorly defined HR hiring process. Interviewed candidates that are unsuccessful deserve a follow up statement like, "Sorry X, we have moved forward with another candidate." OR "Sorry, X, we closed the position unfulfilled." The lack of a follow up reflects poorly on company HR and may indicate problems dealing with employees.

Interview Questions

• I was told I was being interviewed for a fulltime position. However, when I inquired about the initial project I was to work on, I was told that once the project was completed my contribution would be evaluated and based on that performance review I may not be retained.

This explanation is the definition of a contract-to-hire position not a fulltime position because, when a company hires a fulltime candidate, it is because they have high confidence the future employee will perform acceptably. If confidence is not high, they hire on a contract-to-hire basis. HR didn't seem to be able to make this distinction. This reflects poorly on the company.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinebrook, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Birlasoft (Pinebrook, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Quite straight forward, Asked questions relevant to Job description and my resume. Interviewers were quite sensible and understanding. Although after one round of Interview they disappeared for next one month.

Interview Questions

• DOM vs SAX parsers, XSLT, Certain Tags, Spring Framework overview, Strust Overview, Hibernate, SQL queries   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process took 2-3 weeks , the hiring manager had 2 rounds of interviews one on phone , one in person. I was asked to travel coast to coast for the interview and the process was managed alright. Beware the final control and decision making lies with the CEO .

If the CEO likes you, you are hired, if not no matter what qualifications you hold and no matter if the hiring manager is happy with your experience , you are not recruited!!
    Basically spent 2 traveling coast to coast and 3 hours of different telephonic interviews to be rejected.

Would suggest to have all resumes screened by the CEO to save everyone's time and money. Yes my money too , as I'm waiting for my travel expenses to be reimbursed , and its been 2 months waiting!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• The CEO asking me the number of years of experience and experience in manufacturing industry.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Birlasoft.

Interview

Initially contacted via an external hiring agent, had 3-4 rounds of interviews where they asked me about my experience in previous firms. Interviewers deep dived into my history and to determine if I've actually done what I say I've done. Good interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What my goals are in 5 years. Always a challenging issue as any answer can be correct depending on what the interviewer is looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was happy with offer, and did not negotiate much.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birlasoft.

Interview

Was a phone interview for Business analyst position in Stamford,CT. It was for about 20 minutes and asked typical technical questions like background, project information, why do you think you are fit for the role etc

Interview Questions

• Asked if I used any automated tools to capture requirements or BI tools which was not listed in requirement description.   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Birlasoft (Edison, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

It was very well structured and handled. They had put in a lot of effort into the selection process and had an external consulting firm to veto the process. The HR round was very smooth and my visa transfer logistics was handled with excellent efficiency. I was made to feel valuable to the firm.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around capabilities and past experience. Detail was required to make sure I was actually doing what I claimed.   1 Answer