Biscuits & Bath Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Biscuits & Bath

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Biscuits & Bath

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (Greenwich, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I filled out their form and submitted my resume on their website. About a day or two later I got a call back from the talent acquisition representative. Short over the phone interview with simple questions about previous job experience. She then set up a group interview with me. DO NOT BE LATE FOR THE INTERVIEW. If you are just a few minutes late and the group has already started, you WILL be turned away. I had to contact the talent acquisition rep and schedule another interview. The number of people with you varies, but in my group their were six of us (including myself). The main point of the "interview" is to really just see how comfortable you are being in their large dog track. They don't really ask questions or seem to care about past experience or psychological questions that other interviewers use. The basics of the job is dog handling and they want to see if your capable of that. The interviewer (who was actually a dog trainer) brought us in in groups of three. The dogs were very excitable and some even barked loudly. Our "job" was to control the back and keep the energy calm and positive. Once we were in there for a few min, the dogs all calmed down and came to sniff us and check us out. The trainer watched us and told us which dogs to avoid approaching (let them approach you first) and how to approach a dog thats lying down. If you want the job, just use common sense and listen to what the trainer says. Don't approach dogs with (or stand with) your arms folded or on your hips. Keep your body posture relaxed. Do not approach dogs lying down head on. Kneel by their side and gently stoke them. If they are full on sleeping, don't bother as you might startle them and get a bad reaction. Not something you want the trainer to see. After this interview the trainer thanked us for our time and let us know that we would be contacted whether the company was interested in us or not. I received a callback the next day (on a friday), missed the call, called back on monday and got the busy line. I was called back again, which I missed again and finally called back and got in touch. I was asked how I thought the interview was and then asked if I was interested in coming in for training and then working there. I agreed and began training two days later. All training takes place in the main location (Greenwich loc ), after training you are placed in a location that needs you the most. The training lasts 3 days. In the first day I filled out paper work (be sure to have a passport or ID and birth certificate/SSID card) and was familiarized with the dogs, The second and third day of training focuses on supervising dogs, feeding dogs, medicating dogs, cleaning up after dogs, quarantining aggressive/sick dogs, memorizing dog names and filling out dog paperwork. Remembering the names of all the dogs is the hardest thing as there are SO many.

Interview Questions

• No questions other then ones about past work experience. (What did you do? For how long?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no pay negotiation. You take what you get or you decline.

Dog Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath.

Interview

group interview, meet the dogs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (New York, NY).

Interview

You apply online and then you go in for an open-house interview at the facility and spend like an hour on the playfield with the big dogs to see how you do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with dogs before?   1 Answer

Dog Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath.

Interview

Very easy. Just be 15 min early to sign a warrant and availibilty and they will put you in to see how you get along with the dogs. Don't be scared and try to remember the dogs name because they will ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out paperwork, then you have to go into a room full of dogs with about 5 other people and you have to remember every single one of their names at the same time having to pay attention to all of them. I was declined because he said that it didn't look like I was giving them enough attention which is bull, they have too many people applying, that's the reason why.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a laid back interview. I was put on a play field with all the dogs and I was being watched by the manager from the other side of the glass. I had to learn 3 of the dogs names, and describe what I liked about them. Then I was put into an office and asked about my availability. It was a pretty swift interview.

Interview Questions

• What’s your availability?   1 Answer

Dog Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath.

Interview

I applied online on their website. The interview went well, the employers were really nice and welcoming.
    Be prepared for an interview with dogs. Try to at least remember their names cause they will ask you.

Dog Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath.

Interview

Pretty basic - applied in person and they got back to me within a week. Did an in person interview, standard questions and then they checked references. Wanted to see how I interacted with dogs.

Interview Questions

• What's the toughest situation you have had to handle on the job and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Dog Walker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Online it reads to come in for an interview Monday-Friday, between the hours of 10 AM- 2 PM. However, I walked in on a Thursday morning only to find the expression of confusion on the staff members' face when I told them my purpose for coming into the establishment. I was immediately put into a room which held 15-25 dogs ranging in size from medium to huge. They wanted to see how comfortable I was around dogs, whether I would immediately begin to mop up any urine without being told to do so, and pick up the dog crap just the same. I was left in there with an employee who was already in the room when I was first led to that room. I was told to learn the dogs' names as fast as I could because I would be tested on my memory skills. I was also told that the more I called the dogs by their names, the more comfortable they would feel around me. I didn't have on a Biscuits & Bath sky blue T-shirt so I stood out even more compared to the employees those dogs come in contact with everyday. I was sniffed frequently but I expected that so it was no biggie. It was the constant teeth pulling on my clothing and having my arm in a dog's mouth every 10 minutes that bothered me. When I was taken out of the room, I was led into a room where the supervisor informed me that she wanted to hire me on the spot but that she couldn't because she isn't the hiring manager. I was told to come in for a second interview the following Monday. I showed up for the second interview and it lasted for about 10-20 minutes. I was told I'd get a callback before or by Friday and that she just had to speak to her manager. I never received a callback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with dogs.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Biscuits & Bath (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Thorough. Face to face with two HR managers, CEO and Founder including a character written test. Communication was smooth however underlying need for them to have a manager comfortably hire and fire staff regularly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Are you comfortable firing incapable staff? Do you strive to be liked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any opportunity to negotiate.

Biscuits & Bath Response

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

A lot has changed since you left the company. As I mentioned in my response to your other reviews, even in the time I have been with the company, things have changed. From the details you have... More