Blackhawk Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Boise, ID).

Interview

Tested on 10 key speed although it wasn't used in the job. Required drug test screening before interview was scheduled. Face to face sit-down at business with a potential co-worker and immediate manager. Very relaxed and positive interchange.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any purchasing experience and said the phrase Purchase Order experience was one reason they chose my resume since the job involved creating purchase orders for product orders needed from overseas.   1 Answer

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

2 Phone Screens, one was an attempted no show by the group director. Onsite with 6 people in layers over a period of two hours. Redundant and filled with one sided entry level questions and overt attempts to talk me out of the job while telling me about all the gaps. Big waste of time as they had me fly in from another state. Leadership stating that she is afraid I will get bord and did not seem to see value in my 3 degrees and 5 certifications, demonstrated by the eye roll when I suggested that I may want to certify in another area that may be of benefit to the job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter to confirm the time slots for a team i/v. But, after the freeing up the slots , no response from the recruiter and she kept on delaying it with excuses and finally a "Thank You" email. Never seen such a disorganized company before. It is good i did not became part of it.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied via HR referral which led to 2 phone interviews and interview with 3 team members in Pleasanton. I enjoyed each of the people I spoke with and felt more than qualified for the position. I was told they would try to get back in touch in the next 3-4 days.

However, I never received ANY feedback on my interview or next steps after multiple inquiries and attempts to follow up. Recruiter kept giving excuses saying she was waiting to hear back from team Members. Ultimately 8 weeks from start of process I finally received a call only to tell me that they were "reworking" the position, so I would see it posted but it is essentially that it was"on hold" and if after they rework the job my background is a good match they would be back in touch.

Not impressed with their lengthy process and lack of follow up.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. I think only concern was would I be happy taking a job that was much less responsibility than I had previously had.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received email requesting phone interview. Phone interview went very smooth HR Rep very friendly. Right after phone interview was asked to come in for in person interview days later

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen with HR. Then the following week I was brought in for in person interview with team member and a couple of phone interviews. They followed up the next month for a final in-person interview with the hiring manager's manager. Overall the process was average. What was annoying as that they didn't bother to contact me via email or phone to let me know that I didn't get the job. The other thing that I noticed was that when I was brought in, the vibe of the department was not good. (People did not look happy.) I just got a bad feeling about the place and was actually relieved that they didn't offer me a position because they don't pay very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work late hours every now and then because we work with engineering teams in other parts of country/world.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty long process, I went through about 3 rounds of interviews, 2 phone and 1 in person interview with about 4 people. The interviews themselves were very typical nothing too crazy. The longest part was the waiting in between and waiting to hear from the recruiter. Sometimes I'd reach out to the recruiter and not get a response back for about a week and then would be asked for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How long I saw myself working for a company such as Blackhawk.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter I worked with was very fast to respond and helpful setting up time that worked for me, the interviews are two hours long so if you are currently working it's helpful that they are flexible.

The interviewers asked questions but they also give you plenty of time to ask them questions and discuss anything you would like to about the company and/or job. They used behavioral interview questions but also just asked questions about your past/present position and why you think you would be a good addition to the team and company.

Overall very positive and pleasant experience. I will definitely apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with management and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very simple.They move very quickly ,from the first interview to make an offer. The Hr department are all very friendly. They have very good benefits.The orientation is about two hours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where time is critical, would you write test first and then code , would you code and write test later?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was onsite meeting with the engineering team members. I met individually with about 8 team members that asked technical and skill set questions. They also asked questions about previous job skills and if I had any gift card or payment industry experience. In general the interview was fine and the team was professional and thorough.