Blackhawk Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First round is a technical phone interview using the Skype interface to collaborate and code. Asked about previous experience and moved on to the algorithm questions.
    Finally discussed about the work in the team, the role at the team and what they are looking for. I took the interview on a Friday afternoon and got a feedback from the HR on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Difference between abstract class and interface. Asked me to give an example and show a pseudo code of the same.   Answer Question
    • Thread programming questions and concept. How would two processors P1 and P2 coordinate to do a task of giving word count from 1000s of files.   Answer Question
    • Code iterative postorder traversal.   Answer Question
    • Write a code to return the number of leaves of a binary tree.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, it consisted of one phone call and one in person interview. I started my position two weeks later.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network in March 2014.

Interview

Good thoughtful questions. Thoughful and expansive. Good exposure to various people in the company. A few rounds. Very nice. Love the head of HR. Proffesional, competenty, explore my background well. Asked some of the same questions twice but did n't mind.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenge faced and how   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very simple.They move very quickly ,from the first interview to make an offer. The Hr department are all very friendly. They have very good benefits.The orientation is about two hours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where time is critical, would you write test first and then code , would you code and write test later?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was nice and interviewer were very good

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

3 rounds

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was a contractor before so I didn't have full formal interviews to go through. Plus, I confirmed they never even called my references. It was more about getting my background information filled out so I could start was the high priority.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

At the time of the interview, the HR department was still undergoing process development but despite that, the process was rather smooth albeit lengthy.
    I went through two rounds of interviews. The first with the team and the second with the director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All were mostly standard.
      A great personality will get you through many times.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed about three different people for a general marketing position. Friendly people, but seems like a cutt throat environment of politics.

Didn't work out, seems company has a lot of hirings for just 2-3 specific positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do our online marketing strategy?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty long process, I went through about 3 rounds of interviews, 2 phone and 1 in person interview with about 4 people. The interviews themselves were very typical nothing too crazy. The longest part was the waiting in between and waiting to hear from the recruiter. Sometimes I'd reach out to the recruiter and not get a response back for about a week and then would be asked for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How long I saw myself working for a company such as Blackhawk.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with HR, which only lasted less than 30-minutes. She asked basic questions and wanted to know more about my skills. Had a good experience and told me the next step was speaking with the director of the department. Once I passed that interview which was similar to the HR one, I got called in to meet with some of the team members. I had 30-minutes per/team member and my interview lasted two-hours. The team leaders and I interacted really well. I even meet with the VP of Sales and she was great to talk to. It didn't feel like a traditional (intense) interview. I think they wanted to make sure I was a good fit with the team and vise-versa.

Interview Questions

• How where you measured on your goals with your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The price they offered seemed about right with my work experience and skills, however, I did ask for more than the offered price. They where welling to negotiate and only took two days to get back to me.