Blackhawk Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackhawk Network Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen with HR. Then the following week I was brought in for in person interview with team member and a couple of phone interviews. They followed up the next month for a final in-person interview with the hiring manager's manager. Overall the process was average. What was annoying as that they didn't bother to contact me via email or phone to let me know that I didn't get the job. The other thing that I noticed was that when I was brought in, the vibe of the department was not good. (People did not look happy.) I just got a bad feeling about the place and was actually relieved that they didn't offer me a position because they don't pay very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work late hours every now and then because we work with engineering teams in other parts of country/world.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter I worked with was very fast to respond and helpful setting up time that worked for me, the interviews are two hours long so if you are currently working it's helpful that they are flexible.

The interviewers asked questions but they also give you plenty of time to ask them questions and discuss anything you would like to about the company and/or job. They used behavioral interview questions but also just asked questions about your past/present position and why you think you would be a good addition to the team and company.

Overall very positive and pleasant experience. I will definitely apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with management and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was onsite meeting with the engineering team members. I met individually with about 8 team members that asked technical and skill set questions. They also asked questions about previous job skills and if I had any gift card or payment industry experience. In general the interview was fine and the team was professional and thorough.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Lewisville, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a great process. Everyone from the recruiter to the interviewer were very nice, and you could tell that the employees like working there. There was one gentlemen that came out, and told me that this was a great place to work. The group that I interviewed had lengthy tenure with the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment with your last company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network.

Interview

The phone screen with the Recruiter turned me off to this company. First, she was about 15 minutes late contacting me. Then she proceeded to ask me why I was looking for another job when I had only been with my previous job four months? I had to tell her twice, that I was not looking, that her coordinator found me and it didn't hurt to look into another opportunity. Then she reviewed by work experience and proceeded to talk negative about my previous employer. After the screen, I didn't bother to follow up with the rest of the interviewing process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with HR, which only lasted less than 30-minutes. She asked basic questions and wanted to know more about my skills. Had a good experience and told me the next step was speaking with the director of the department. Once I passed that interview which was similar to the HR one, I got called in to meet with some of the team members. I had 30-minutes per/team member and my interview lasted two-hours. The team leaders and I interacted really well. I even meet with the VP of Sales and she was great to talk to. It didn't feel like a traditional (intense) interview. I think they wanted to make sure I was a good fit with the team and vise-versa.

Interview Questions

• How where you measured on your goals with your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The price they offered seemed about right with my work experience and skills, however, I did ask for more than the offered price. They where welling to negotiate and only took two days to get back to me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview at Job Connect. The lady was very nice and it turned out later that she would be my supervisor. The second interview was at Blackhawk itself and the lady was very nice. She told me she had acquired her position and had her own team in 3 years.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was put through multiple interviews over a 7 month period of time (mostly 1:1 interviews). In every interview, everyone was very impressed and we felt like we were already bonding as a team. I went through the process professionally & graciously, even though they apologized on many occasions about the process dragging out for so long. They finally made me a great offer & 3 days later they retracted the offer (they claimed it was a budget issue). They said they would stay in touch, but after 5 months, I've not heard a single word from them. I wanted to share this so others won't be fooled by their promises.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was - how do you want to start this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Second interview with Manager, and then proceeded to third interview. Don't be surprised if it goes very well that they ask you to stay for third interview the same day instead of having you come back. The office atmosphere is very quiet and it looks as if it is a small company, but don't be fooled. Make sure that you are completely professional. Atmosphere is business casual, but I wore a suit to stand out anyway and it worked. They did not talk me down from my salary request.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be if you could pick one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked in my interview what my salary requirements were and that's when I knew I had the job. I was asked twice by both managers and never offered one penny less.

Product Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, interview style casual to moderate. Basic questions, a lot about whether you fit the culture. It's really on weather they like you like you or not. I felt I had a good rapport with the interviewers, however I could have conducted/presented myself a little more professionally...ie they expect you in a dress or pant suit

Interview Questions

• How do you multitask when there's a lot on your plate, how do you stay organized?   1 Answer