Blackhawk Network Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Blackhawk Network

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network in Jan 2021

Interview

I had a great interview with Sudha, the recruiter. She was very knowledgeable and asked great questions. She provided lots of information about the company, role and the business. Great experience!

Interview Questions
  • Why you are interested in this job at Blackhawk networks.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Fenton, MO)

Interview

Very poor communication. Had an initial phone interview and was told I was moving on to the next round and to expect a call/email within the next couple days. Never got the call/email deapite reaching back out. A week later received a generic denial email with no explanation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Bangalore) in Feb 2021

Interview

I've applied through cut short. The process took 3+ months. There are 2 technical+1 managerial + 1 HR and then final offer. There's a written test online which is to be finished first. The questions were mostly easy. And after 2+ months I was contacted after clearing the test. The first round was to check Java understanding. All standard java interview questions and then at the end 2 coding questions. I will add the questions below. I've been told that I cleared the first round. Then same day one more round was scheduled. Second round: Initially I was given one question, when I was struggling to do that, he asked me if I want a different one. The other question is rather more tough than the first one. I picked this tough question. (Ik! poor choice duh!). I did not solve both. But the interviewer saw that I was not ready to give up and the interview ended at 1.15 hours. He asked me to take an hour break, then write the solution on myself (without googling!) and send me the solution over mail. I did the same and I have sent the answer in the mail and thanked him for giving me this kind of chance. This time I have finished coming up with the solution in 20 mins. I thought I lost this and tried to not think about it. But the recruiter called me the next day and said I have cleared the second round too. I was like OMG!!!! And then one more round is scheduled after a couple of days with the hiring manager(bar raiser). This round was for 30 mins and it was mainly concentrated on the process of how I develop in my current organization. Questions like CI, CD, development cycle, code quality and some behavioural questions were also asked. The final round is HR round with a senior HR director. This round is mainly around competencies, behavioral and salary expectations, etc. The very next day I have received the offer!!!! Overall the interviewers are very very professional and definitely open for discussion and make you feel like you are not in an interview, you are just having a normal discussion with your colleague.

Interview Questions
  • 1.Abstract classes vs interfaces and when to use which.
  • 2. Linked list vs array list. How array list internally works?
  • 3. Java features like inheritence, polymorphism, etc.
  • 4. Hashmap internal working and the operations on it
  • 5. Hashcode, why is it used and how is it generated and what is the type of hashcode. And how is java able to use the integer type for hashcode?
  • 6.Spring core features like DI, IOC, etc.
  • 7. Circular dependency and how do I resolve it.
  • 8. return "yes" if each pair of consecutive elements have an absolute difference of 1, else "no"
  • 9. move the nodes with even value to the start and add odd nodes to the end of even nodes
  • 10. when an ArrayList is filled, the old array contents will be copied to the new array, is it a shallow copy or deep copy?
  • 11. Evaluate an arithmetic expression. Don't think of the normal ones!! The program should evaluate and also if the expression is invalid it should give us that too. Ex: ((20+30))-4*5^2/10. This is way trickier than it looks. Give it a shot.
  • 12. Play Tic tac toe. Take input from computer and user. At the end declare if it's a lose/win/draw.
  • 13. If java uses DLL and provides the iterators only in one direction, why does it still use DLL? A simple singly linked list would have done the same job.
  • 14. Difference between concurrent hashmap and synchronized hashmap. How do you make a hashmap synchronized?
3 people found this interview helpful

Blackhawk Network

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network in Feb 2021

Interview

Interview was very good. Standard Questions were asked. All the real time implementaions of various CICD tools were asked.Interviewer had lot of knowledge regarding the DevOps.The interview process was smooth and it Video conference round.

Interview Questions
  • Real time implementation of all the CICD tools starting from Jenkins,Git etc

Blackhawk Network

Application

I interviewed at Blackhawk Network

Interview

Phone interview, followed by three rounds of onsite face to face interview. Interviewers were friendly and relaxed environment in general. I received my feedback in two days. Questions were not too difficult or tricky.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Bangalore) in Jan 2021

Interview

1st round was online coding mcq + coding creating rest endpoints + ds algo mcq + dsalgo-coding (medium) 2nd round was online technical discussion 3rd round was online coding 4th round was hr/managerial

Interview Questions
  • 1. online coding java basics mcq + linkedlist treeset etc 2.f2f techinincal- coding + programming concept + basic coding (API synatx,hashmap internal etc + sql queries) 3.f2f coding

Blackhawk Network

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network in Jan 2021

Interview

After applying, I got an link for the online exam, exam consists of few objective type of question s and two coding questions, once that is done next round was scheduled online.

Interview Questions
  • Print the next greatest number that comes using the digits in the given number

Blackhawk Network

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network in Jan 2021

Interview

very strange at all, and more or less easy going for fresh graduates from top tier universities of the United States and from great Britain, but you should be ready to stay against the help

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Bangalore) in Nov 2020

Interview

Just 20 min, interviewer is in hurry to pick something, no technical questions nothing, they are conducting the interview for time pass and to show the rejection ratio high. I never seen such a worst interview

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to change the company? Why you want to join in our company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (New Delhi) in Nov 2020

Interview

No response after clearing three rounds(1hr each). HR confirmed the positive feedback after 3rd round. In a couple of follow-up after that he keeps mentioning the availability issue of interviewers. Complete waste of time. Though I would like to appreciate HR as at least he was responding to the follow up and was managing the interview process till the 3rd round really well. Given the similar feedbacks are already available on Glassdoor for product manager interview about ghosting, I believe there is something wrong on the hiring manager side. Please respect yours as well as interviewee time.

Interview Questions
  • questions were around product design, product improvement and current experience.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews