Blank Rome Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

This was in person by reference of a recruiter. I met with the head of their office, Barry Abrams, and another person who hardly talked and so I don't remember who they were.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initial phone interview, meet with Human Resources representative to discuss position and their expectations as well as my expectations, discussion of qualifications and skills, typing, spelling and grammar tests, personality test with immediate results, discussion of attorneys needs and demands, timeline for start date, which went past the anticipated date.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict with others? Would solution be different for an attorney and another staff member?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy, the recruiter handled the negotations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my law school's website which had a listing for an internship opportunity. I was contacted immediately and invited in for an interview that week. The interview took approximately 20-30 minutes. I only interviewed with one attorney. The attorney asked standard questions about my experience in the area of practice and what kind of classes did I plan on taking moving forward in my degree program.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked several questions about my first semester of law school. Asked what my favorite and least favorite classes were. They asked about my experience working for the HIV Law and Policy Project as part of one of my first semester classes. They explained that they are a "gentler" firm compared to most big law firms, and that their partners do not yell at the associates. They were very cordial and friendly, and maintained professionalism.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blank Rome in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was not very experienced. I was told I would be handling a newly acquired office, once hired, that wasn't the case. They also never disclosed the hours (40 as opposed to 35).

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was not very experienced. The questions were basic and not very thorough.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blank Rome (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interactions with HR team included prompt responses and very professional level of service. Interviewed with a handful of partners from the practice group all of whom were extremely cordial, welcoming and asked insightful questions. Great dialogue, great people.

Interview Questions

• How would working in a team approach differ from my current experience working independently?   Answer Question

Entry Level Legal Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process. The hiring department contacted me to schedule an interview over the phone. I interviewed in their offices with two people in the department. They asked pretty standard questions for a business development position. The interviews all together didn't last more than an hour. Everyone was very pleasant, and the process was very efficient.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

On campus interviews were with 2 senior attorneys. The next step was to go to headquarters for interviews with 3 individual attorneys. About a month later, I got an offer for a summer position.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain every gap / unusual item in your history - i.e. a not-spectacular first year GPA. But, I was prepared with an explanation, so it worked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I shifted from summer associate to full-time. I don't think negotiation was prudent given the market.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blank Rome (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was invited into the office for a one on one interview beginning with the HR Representative that organized the interview and ending with the Department Leader under which the job was positioned. It began with an editing skills and technical ability assessment. Followed by general interview questions and conversation.

Paralegal Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Blank Rome in June 2011.

Interview

Was given the phone interview then offered a formal interview. First they made me do a skills test with wasn't that bad, and lasted about 15 minutes. The interview took about 2 hours and I met with every lawyer in the department. After the interview I sent out thank you notes and waited for the call back. Needless to say they never called me until called them 2 weeks later.