Bleacher Report Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bleacher Report

2.6

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on the company website. Soon after I was contacted by an employee surprisingly not from B/R, but from SiriusXM, who wanted to schedule a phone interview. It turns out the position is some sort of joint project between the two companies. Most of the interview consisted of the SiriusXM employee asking me to describe my work history and my familiarity with various sports (the position required knowledge of multiple sports). When I asked about the salary, he said the company had not yet decided on what it would be, which I found strange. I didn't get the position, and I didn't hear from the person who interviewed me until I e-mailed him to follow up. The rejection letter said they had decided "to go in a different direction" with the position. When I asked what he meant by that, he said that they chose someone with more experience. Weeks later I saw that the same position was still being rotated on job boards. Many months later, it's still there. They just changed the name to Production Assistant, but the job description is exactly the same. I don't know if they simply didn't hire anyone, or if it's an entry level position and people move up quickly, in which case it's odd they said they found someone "more experienced".

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and your current position.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bleacher Report in April 2013.

Interview

You had to submit some writing samples so they could take a look at your work since the internship was writing intensive. They were quick and fair, easy to communicate with.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

it was really intuitive and I feel that they were really fair in everything that they s aid and did they are a really smart company that handled everything profess I'll nallu and well.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Long and drawn out, interview went well, but than didn't hear back for weeks. Finally wrote back saying I had a new job offer--I got a offer from Bleacher Report within minutes of that email.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an easy going interview with questions mainly focused on my experience. I was given a minor task to do over the weekend to show my skills and capabilities. I was told I would definitely hear from them within the next week or two regarding where I stand whether I got the position or not. After not hearing back for about two weeks, I reached out multiple times and I still never heard anything. In my opinion, the least they could have done was send a simple email informing me they went with another candidate after I spent my time working on a task they assigned me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bleacher Report.

Interview

Applied for a job as a production assistant and was contacted a month later by an AP. Went in and thought it went very well. After two weeks I was told I did not get the job. However, the next week I was contacted by another producer who had gotten my resume through the original AP I interviewed with. Went in for the interview and was interviewed by an AP and a Producer. Got the job and started the next week.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Thorough, they are not looking to higher just anyone anymore. I had a total of 5 engineers interview me and it was relatively easy as I knew they were interested and I was overqualified for the position.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty chill and straightword. No excessive questions but a general rundown of the process. I had a pretty regular time with the interviewer. Blah blah yo just don't let me do this please. lol.

Interview Questions

• How long do u expect work here?   1 Answer

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I did this interview over Skype, and it was extremely awkward. They didn't seem all that interested from the get-go. I had to do a news test on the spot, which is pretty much expected, after being asked basic interview questions, but they didn't really give any indication of how I did. They also never replied to me to reject me, even after I sent two e-mails, which is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I'd feel comfortable working in an office full of men as a woman.   1 Answer

Publishing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was brief and short. He told me the position was short and I got no questions ask about me. The office was nice and I appreciate the sports environment, but I wish they asked more questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about my background and skills.   1 Answer