Bleacher Report Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

Recruiter3%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Bleacher Report

Application

I interviewed at Bleacher Report

Interview

There was an initial phone call followed by an edit test that presents the candidate with sports scenarios and challenges them to create potential social content built around those events. Lastly, there was a Hangouts video call with four different BR leaders.

Interview Questions
  • One question that stood out asked me about creators that I felt were really doing a great job on social media, a question that tied in with the social aspect of the job.
    Answer Question

Bleacher Report

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bleacher Report

Interview

You really have to come in with a well-rounded knowledge of sports cause you will get grilled. Even if you don't know the answer try not to say that, try to bounce around and get creative with a response. I know it sounds like a Michael Scott move. But this shows you can think on your feet which is super important here.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you think will win the World Series?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (Las Vegas, NV) in Feb 2020

Interview

Contacted through email. I setup a phone interview and chatted with the team. Had a 30 minute phone call, and then that was it! It was a short 3-5 day process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bleacher Report

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bleacher Report in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. Note that all WarnerMedia recruiters WILL ask you what you want to make salary wise. So be prepared. I spun the question back and asked about their range.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bleacher Report

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bleacher Report in Feb 2020

Interview

First round interview during Covid via virtual Hirevue assessment. Were given questions and some time to think of answer, about 30 seconds, then had 2 tries to record your answer and submit to move on to the next question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (Nashville, TN) in Jan 2020

Interview

1. ~20 min call with recruiter. Mostly a get-to-know-you. 2. 30-45 min call with a technical team lead. Mostly questions on how you work on a team, remotely, processes, qualifications. 3. They'll assign you a code challenge. It's not timed so you can take however long you want to work on it. There's requirements and then bonus elements you can add, but you can basically consider the bonus as required. Once you're done with this, you send them the link to the repo. 4. Technical call (via Hangouts) with two seniors in the platform. A bit more of get-to-know-you, talk about processes. They'll ask some follow-up about the code you wrote (so make sure you can justify everything and know why you wrote what you wrote). This is followed up with generic technical questions. This call is about an hour. The process moves a little slower, but it's nice to not have a deadline on the code exercise. The only thing I was kind of confused about was that we barely touched on the code I'd written during the technical interview. It was just a couple questions like, "What did you use this model instead that model?" Being transparent about what you don't know is always the way to go, IMO. Although I didn't know the answer to some of the questions, I felt the interview was a poor representation of my qualifications for the job. I have 4 years of experience building iOS apps and felt well-prepared before the technical. I felt I'd written a good app for them to review, and then it was barely part of the discussion. I came away feeling I need to practice interviewing more, but also felt the interviewers question selections were not great for assessing someone's abilities. I'd recommend keeping any third party libraries to a minimum, be well-versed in threading and dispatch queues, and be prepared for at least a few mega-technical questions that you'll need to ask clarification on. Overall, everyone I spoke with was very kind and respectful.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between object-oriented- and protocol-oriented-programming?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

On-site interview in the midtown New York City office with three staff members the included a tour of the facility. The BR staff was friendly and had done their homework.

Interview Questions
  • How I would approach the position in order to make a better product.

Bleacher Report

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bleacher Report

Interview

I had a phone interview with the woman I'd be covering in the role due to maternity leave and was asked to come in for an in person interview. The woman I spoke to was very honest, informative, and super pleasant to speak to. However, I felt compelled to clarify the compensation offered before investing the time to come in and meet with the executive, and was disappointed that the rate is pretty far below the average rate for an EA in NYC. I had to decline the in person interview and was saddened as I'm a fan of Bleacher Report and it would have been fun to work there, even if just temporarily.

Interview Questions
  • What are the personality types of the people you've supported in the past

Bleacher Report

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bleacher Report in Jul 2019

Interview

i only had a phone interview, was very pleasant! i felt prepared for the interview and hung up feeling really heard and hopeful. i believe we spoke for around an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bleacher Report (New York, NY)

Interview

Initial phone screen from recruiter, followed by on-site interview with senior team member. The on-site interviewer could not have been more disengaged and rude. Horrible and insulting experience. Advice to management: Remember that your interviewers are ambassadors for the larger culture of your company as a whole.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews