Blurred employer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Block Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,116 of over 1.1K interviews

Recruiter15%
Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

One 30 min talk with a recruiter from Square, one 30 min talk with the hiring manager, one 60 minute project walk through with the hiring manager, then one 60 minute interview with the team plus hiring manager to do a portfolio walk through. There was one interview after these four that I did not get to. Extremely lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Walk through an in depth process of a project
    Answer Question

Block

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Block

Interview

7 rounds of total interviews. 4 Technical and 3 non-technical. I passed all the interviews and the recruiter said I did pretty well (From their internal ratings got 4/5 stars). I had multiple calls with recruiters throughout the process. But after the last HR round recruiter ghosted me. Followed up on email like 5 times, called once but no reply at all. Not even a rejection email. Such unprofessionalism and waist of time.

Interview Questions
  • Technical: - Design for components needed for the camera - Questions related to different communication protocols
4 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Block

Consulting

8d

a

Senior Consultant

Are tall boots with a block heel work appropriate?Not for client site, just the office

14 Comments

Tech

2295K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about interviews at Block? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Block employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Block (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2023

Interview

The interview process was quite long, with a total of 8 interviews. The second phase of the process included 5 45 minute interviews. I asked up front if I would receive feedback following each interview and was told that I would need to complete all 5 before receiving feedback. The first 2 interviews were with different people but they read from the exact same script and asked the questions in the same context. I think the first 2 interviews could have been 1 panel interview. They did follow up with me after all the interviews to let me know that although I did really well on all the interviews except 1, I would not be receiving an offer. The Interview that was a deal breaker for them was mid-way through the process. I do feel that it was not worth my time to continue interviewing given that they knew I wasn't their ideal candidate at that point. I would have preferred better communication and transparency instead of having me go through 2 additional interviews. Overall, I don't think the process needed to be as long as it was. If you are interviewing with this company, you can expect anywhere from 6-8 hours of interviews and prep spread across a few weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Block

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Block

Interview

Recruiter flaked on screening call multiple times, and gave a different excuse for why she missed the call each time. Never ended up speaking to her, and pulled out of process.

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

The first call was with the HM. They we proceeded to a mini loop, where they questioned about various topics - product design, decision, roadmap prioritization and pricing. The interview itself was pretty simple , however i felt that some of the PMs on that call were not very experienced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Block

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Block

Interview

Terrible interview experience. I interviewed with a recruiter who cut the interview short stating they had another meeting. They did not leave any time for me to ask any questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Block (New York, NY) in Aug 2023

Interview

Relatively standard process. - 30 min phone screen w/ recruiter - 30 min w/ Hiring Manager - 3h take home analytics assessment - 6h "super day" with 5 XFL interviews

Interview Questions
  • Why TIDAL? Why this role? Examples of dealing with ambiguity. Examples of dealing with XFL partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Block (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2023

Interview

I was contacted by a technical sourcer after applying for this role. The initial phone screen was standard, but the recruiter was clearly multi-tasking. I was pushed to the next round - a call with the hiring manager. Less than 24 hours before that was scheduled to occur, I was informed that the role had been filled. I was very disappointed by this experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Block (Washington, DC)

Interview

Had initial interview with hiring manager. Next round of interviews with 3 team members. Was supposed to have a 4th interview that same day with the recruiter but she couldn’t be bothered to show up. She then reached out to say that the manager thought I was over-qualified for that job and he wanted to interview me for a more senior role and that she’d let me know when that interview would be. Sporadically she’d reach out with excuses about how someone was on vacation or out of office and that within a week she’d have more information about when they were going to start interviews for that position. Eventually I just got ghosted. Don’t recommend.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle multiple cases that each have different deadlines.

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

Pros: Good communication throughout the whole process. I was provided a list of prep questions ahead of time. Cons: Time consuming and stressful interview process. I had a grand total of 7 separate interviews, including 30+ questions. Very repetitive and unnecessary.

Interview Questions
  • Who are your customers in your role today? Walk me through a typical request you might get from one of them.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,116 Interviews

Block Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Block as 43.4% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Finance and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Intern - Hourly and Senior User Experience Designer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Block takes an average of 24.36 days when considering 975 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Design Researcher had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Block according to 975 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.26%