Block Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 996 of over 996 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Block

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Block

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR 20-30min about the JD and backgroud 2. Video interview with manager 30min about previous projects 3. SQL Test 30min using codepad 4. Onsite Virtual interview with 5 people, each 30min or 1 hour, exercises of calculating important metrics

Interview Questions
  • Talk about yourself and previous projects
    Answer Question

Block

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Block

Interview

Many interviews over many stages lasting longer than a month. “You’re such a great fit for the role” was thrown around a lot. I had to sign an nda otherwise I would be naming the “boss” who made me never want to work for this company. Most insultingly, the job was reposted before I ever got a response. STAY AWAY.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

205.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Block~422050
Join the conversation on

Block

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Block

Interview

Only got a chance to do a screening. Role was specifically for a Spanish Comms lead position -- recruiter was obviously not Latin American/Spanish proficient. The hiring manager was not either. This is an oversight, considering the role. Despite years of experience with the Spanish media, both as a journalist and as a comms professional, I did not pass onto the next step. Normally, this is fine! But for a role like this, I expected to at least be able to express my skills and experience with the Spanish media more. The screening was very fast, and I was not asked many questions. I do not feel that the recruiter or the hiring manager really grasps the world that is Spanish media, and for a major company to not consider a hiring team with more lived experience is definitely a shame. Word of advice: next time you hire for a bilingual/region specific role, try to ensure that the recruiters/hiring team is actually diverse. The decision to not move me forward seems biased, at best. I do not normally have trouble with rejections; it's understandable, as this is a very competitive job market. But, in all of my years of experience, bilingual comms professionals that actually understand the market and speak both languages fluently are rare. Recruiters and hiring managers that understand that, are even rarer. But, I expected more from a major public company.

Interview Questions
  • - Walk me through your experience - What made you apply to the role? THAT'S IT. LOL.

Block

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Block in May 2022

Interview

Recruiter was 15 mins late calling for the phone screen. I actually had to send a follow up email reminder informing that I was waiting for the call. It was a standard phone screen call which questions were asked and I answered. However it was too many akward silences on the recruiter's end. Needless to say I received a rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

Recruiter phone screen - 15 min Hiring manager interview - 30 min Technical screen (30 min python, 30 min SQL) On-site panel interview (data modeling 45 min, past experience 30 min , business partnering 30 min, analytical thinking 30 min)

Interview Questions
  • Signed NDA. Python/SQL questions were roughly leetcode medium.

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

1) Recruiter call 2) HM call 3) Onsite 4) Presentation I didn't finish the full loop due to time constraints, but the process seemed pretty straightforward. A little bit longer than most though as the presentation happens after the onsite round.

Interview Questions
  • I only completed the HM call, but it was focused on a past project.

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

Things move very slowly. Do not respect candidates, keeps you hanging there for months without giving a result. Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Panel, and should be able to make a decision but not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

The interview is in a Pair Programming style. First, the interviewer introduces himself. Then he asked a class design problem. After I completed the first part, he keep asking follow-up questions. Each question need an implementation of a specific function or interface. The question solving part takes about 45mins. Then I have 10 mins to chat with interviewer. The interviewer is so nice and very helpful!

Interview Questions
  • I cannot disclose detailed question. The question is more like a model question not the algorithmic questions like in LeetCode.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Block (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2022

Interview

Round 1: 1 hour pair programming Round 2: Pair programming Final Round: 1 hour interview with Hiring Manager 1 hour pair programming 1 hour pair programming 1 hour interview about past tech experience After 6 hours worth of interviews Block failed to ever get back to me. I had a competing offer from Amazon which I informed them about, but they still never informed me the outcome of my interviews. This sort of experience and mistreatment of candidates says alot about the company…

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Block

Application

I interviewed at Block

Interview

Was referred. Emailed with a recruiter back in early December to schedule an initial screening call. The morning of, they asked if we could reschedule (no worries, life happens!). After sending over my availability, I never received a response. Then in mid-February, over 2 months later, I received an email - no apology or anything - responding to the previous email with my availability, like no time had passed. Had said screening call. A week later, I had the first round interview with the hiring manager, who mentioned the recruiter letting me know about next steps. After me sending few follow up emails, I’ve been ghosted yet again. Baffled by the lack of acknowledgement of 2+ months’ gap in communication, and then the radio silence after the hiring manager explicitly said they’d like to schedule the next round of conversations. Probably worst interviewing experience I’ve had to-date.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 996 Interviews

Block Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Block as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineering rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Customer Support Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Block takes an average of 24 days when considering 951 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Customer Support Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Block according to 951 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.80%