Blue Nile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary screenig on the phone by HR, followed by in person interview within the same week by the accounting team. I interviewed with two team members seperately at in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why are you applying for this job   Answer Question

International Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After getting through phone interview, the in-person interview was conducted by 3 people, hiring manager came in last. Interview process might be different depending on the role. Learned a lot about Blue Nile during the process and their turn around time was very quick. Heard back from them less than a week after in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job, what would be your dream job? All 3 interviewers asked this.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick turnaround for contact/outreach and phone interview scheduled fairly fast after applying. Manager of the team very spastic and often cut me off in the middle of speaking over the phone. Communication inconsistent thereafter. Rushed to bring me in for in-person interview, then never heard from them. Based on the employee reviews, I'd say it was a silver lining not to have gotten the job.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

Basic phone interview, the job post doesn't mention that this is a UNPAID internship. Couldn't take the internship because I need to pay rent. Started off with your usual phone interview questions, but the phone interview wasn't that long.

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

1 short behavioral interview with HR, then a second more technical interview later that week. Asked pretty standard questions about OOP concepts and a little JS. If I didn't know an answer to a question, the interviewer would explain the answer before moving on. Both interviewers were friendly, nothing negative to say about the process.

Seattle Corporate Headquarters Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My interviewers repeatedly called Blue Nile "lean" in my interviews and I learned when they described the company that this meant cheap, insufficiently staffed, disorganized, and legally noncompliant. The job description that I responded to was vague, and during the interview I learned that the job position comprised 4 different roles (3 of which I had no experience for) and that I would share all of these roles with other employees rather than specialize in my technical expertise, even though the other employees were not educated regarding my technical expertise. This is very disorganized. Blue Nile employees should be specialists rather than all share job roles. Whoever runs this company from the top is doing a terrible job. The job posting also lied that the salary was competitive as it was about 40k. My lack of enthusiasm showed during the end of the interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Completely wasted my time. They had two open Customer Service Rep positions posted on their site. One was for Temporary Seasonal, and the other was a regular permanent position. I was not interested in Temporary, so I applied for the permanent position. Got a call from their recruiter and got set up for a phone interview. Standard phone interview, it went well, and they offered to have me come in for an in-person interview, but they waited until this end-of-interview point in the conversation to try and sell me on the Temp/Seasonal position. I told them I was not interested in that, and was only interested in a permanent position. She told me she would need to look into the availability of the permanent position and that they would get back to me. Later in the day I got a call from another woman offering to schedule me for the in-person. I confirmed with her that the interview would be for the permanent position, not the temporary. For the in-person interview...they kept me waiting for over a half hour past the scheduled time which was unprofessional to say the least, but wouldn't have been a big deal had the woman who eventually interviewed me not said "ummmmm no, we're not hiring for permanent positions at this time". When I explained the conversations I had with the previous people, she said "OK maybe I'm not in the loop then, but I'm still pretty sure we're not". At that point she could have respected that my time was being wasted and cut me loose, but instead she carried on with the interview, and then afterwards had me sit in with one of their Reps for about 40 minutes to listen to phone calls. Again, not a big deal either had they not pulled a bait and switch and brought me in under a bogus pretense. After the whole thing was over and she was seeing me to the door, she re-iterated again that she was pretty positive there was no permanent position being offered. Two days later I got an e-mail confirmation that "the position has been filled". The total time wasted was about 2 hours from the time the interview was supposed to start and I was just sitting there waiting in their lobby, to when I exited the bldg. And that's not counting the time I spent w/the phone interview, filling out their pre-interview paperwork and consent forms, the commute to and from, etc. I was pretty pissed, but after reading the employee reviews here I feel better because it sounds like I dodged a bullet. And yes, they do run a credit check on you during the interview process. My recommendation would be to avoid. This is a dime-a-dozen phone rep job, and worst than most from the sounds of it.

Interview Questions

• Standard CSR interview questions...name a time you went above and beyond, name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, etc. etc.   Answer Question

Diamond & Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Saw online advertisement for seasonal position, applied online, received a call shortly after.
    The advertisement was listed in Craigslist.
    I interviewed then declined due to a preexisting commitment then was offered the position again which I later accepted.
    The interview process was rather straight forward and fast progressing.
    They also take you for a tour around their call center and I got to listen in on calls with a current employee at the time.

Interview Questions

• If I had a difficult experience with a customer and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered and I accepted or declined no room for negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Nile in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone interview. This was only a 5 minute interview, and the recruiter seemed to be angry at my pay range. I could also tell she was reading from a script, which means I would be reading from a script at my job. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• Yes I short circuited the phone interview because they told me they wanted to do a credit check. This wasn't told to me before they bothered wasting my time. This was not listed in the ad of course.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Nile in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR person was the first step. I don't know what the next step were because I decided to short circuit. I don't know what else to put here, since this has a 50 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• Yes I short circuited the phone interview because they told me they wanted to do a credit check. This wasn't told to me before they bothered wasting my time. I don't have the greatest credit do to a divorce, and quit honestly have never had to do a credit check for this kind of position.   Answer Question