Blue Nile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.5

Junior Copywriter (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Twenty minutes prior to my interview call, I received an email saying that Blue Nile had filled the role the night before. I found this incredibly disrespectful of my time and energy. They couldn't even call me to tell me, which added insult to injury. If the unorganized and inconsiderate HR process is any reflection of the internal processes and structures of Blue Nile, I do not suggest bothering to apply.

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a very brief phone interview with a recruiter. There were behavior questions some which I found where strange. I found out the next day I didn't get the position.

Financial Reporting Supervisor Interview

Interview

Recruiting company sent over my resume to the company and I got a interview with the Financial Controller, Assistant FC and financial reporting accounting. Interview was 30 mins with each.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through their website. Received a call back almost two months later. Had one phone interview with the department supervisor than another with a rude department manager who called out of the blue in the middle of a family birthday dinner. He expected me to excuse myself to chat with him despite being at the dinner table. After the calls they ran a background check then after I passed I was invited to Seattle to interview with only 3 days notice to buy an airline ticket and book a place to stay. Cost me nearly $1500. Had a tour of the facility. Interview went well despite the rude department manager who always seemed to interrupt others while talking. The department supervisors were also there and were very friendly and easygoing. I left and heard nothing back for almost a month when I received a generic email from HR saying they went with someone else.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview with three people which turned out to be four in three separate rounds. Three rounds of interview, the first with a team member who was told less than an hour prior to the interview, the second with the other two team members, the last with the hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions, not technical at all. Was little wishy washy/uncertain/unsure when asked about the turn over rate, team dynamics and hours. Don't seem prepared or invested in finding the right person. Very easy interview, so long as you had some sort of accounting experience or social/interview skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicts or can you work with someone who you do not get along?   1 Answer
    • Ability to meet deadlines?   Answer Question

Web Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile.

Interview

I had a very odd experience. It began with a quick phone interview, which was perfectly normal, and then they called me in for an in person. I wasn't given any info prior to the interview, I got there and was told I'd be meeting with 5 or 6 separate people for a half hour each. I believe the job posting was also misleading- I was under the impression that it was a content creation role and it wasn't. I was not at all qualified for the role so I'm still unclear on why they interviewed me in the first place. There was a short HTML test which I didn't do great on, again, because this wasn't a role I would've applied for if it had been clear from the description. By the third interviewer, I thought I was doing OK especially considering the situation. The interviewer was asking me questions like normal, and suddenly left the room for a minute, came back, and in a panic told me there was some sort of crisis with the website and I had to leave.

I never got any sort of follow up, my only point of contact had been the receptionist so I emailed her to reschedule and never heard anything. Maybe that was their way of telling me I wasn't going to get hired. An email would've sufficed.

Interview Questions

• They have you complete an HTML test   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Nile (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary screenig on the phone by HR, followed by in person interview within the same week by the accounting team. I interviewed with two team members seperately at in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why are you applying for this job   Answer Question

International Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After getting through phone interview, the in-person interview was conducted by 3 people, hiring manager came in last. Interview process might be different depending on the role. Learned a lot about Blue Nile during the process and their turn around time was very quick. Heard back from them less than a week after in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job, what would be your dream job? All 3 interviewers asked this.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Nile (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick turnaround for contact/outreach and phone interview scheduled fairly fast after applying. Manager of the team very spastic and often cut me off in the middle of speaking over the phone. Communication inconsistent thereafter. Rushed to bring me in for in-person interview, then never heard from them. Based on the employee reviews, I'd say it was a silver lining not to have gotten the job.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

Basic phone interview, the job post doesn't mention that this is a UNPAID internship. Couldn't take the internship because I need to pay rent. Started off with your usual phone interview questions, but the phone interview wasn't that long.