Bluefly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.7

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with two people at the same time. One of the interviewers didn't even bother to review my resume or portfolio prior, stating that they "didn't have the time." In addition to that, they were just nasty and condescending about my experience, skills, and interests. Needless to say, this made me very uncomfortable and turned me off A LOT.

Interview Questions

• Typical work experience, "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews (need to go in 3 different times). The first is with 2 Buyers (hiring managers). The second is with the head of merchandising and the final one is with the President. All were pretty easy interviews mostly about your background and easy conversations

My suggestion would be to question them a lot and get down to the exact tasks your job will entail because if its not glamorous they will 100% cover it up and deceive you

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an external corporate recruiter back in late 2013 who submitted me shortly thereafter. The recruiter arranged an interview with the CMO which was rescheduled by them for two weeks later.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple In Person Interview Rounds and Phone Screening. White board solutions to problems. Provide roles and responsibilities at past jobs along with what you are looking to achieve in the position being applied for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY).

Interview

Ordinary. Interview was with dept management. Overall the team was quick in replying back, was not a long waiting game.. Interview questions were of average difficulty. The office is cool. More tech than fashion.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your work experience and how that fits in with the position   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluefly (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a successful phone interview with hiring manager. After phone interview, was asked to do a write-up on a technical problem they were facing and would discuss further during the in-person interview. Never heard back - although I did not want to believe it at first, I became convinced they were looking for "free consulting advice".

Interview Questions

• How would you solve [the particular technical problem they (BlueFly) was facing] "   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

25 minutes of describing the company history and work environment . Showing me around the studio and introducing me to other staff members. Showing me the equipment that they use in the studio.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview set up was on my dime, was traveling from out of state. 3-4 interviews including several with CEO in person. Was interviewed later by phone by someone who also was interested in my experience but didn't realize I had already interviewed at their office for another position. It was very clear in the interview that they were asking me questions that they were grappling with at the time and were genuinely interested in executing on (good) answers.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a problem of less frequent purchases from existing file size   Answer Question

Director of E-commerce Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process - meeting senior execs for roughly 30-45min each. office environment is not ideal, seems cold. You wait in lobby and there is a photo studio in same floor. No receptionist, but someone let me in. Filled out standard paperwork for interview process. People were nice, but not sure if I would want to work here.

Interview Questions

• What technology platforms have you used in your past ecommerce jobs   Answer Question