Bluefly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an external corporate recruiter back in late 2013 who submitted me shortly thereafter. The recruiter arranged an interview with the CMO which was rescheduled by them for two weeks later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY).

Interview

Ordinary. Interview was with dept management. Overall the team was quick in replying back, was not a long waiting game.. Interview questions were of average difficulty. The office is cool. More tech than fashion.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your work experience and how that fits in with the position   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluefly (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a successful phone interview with hiring manager. After phone interview, was asked to do a write-up on a technical problem they were facing and would discuss further during the in-person interview. Never heard back - although I did not want to believe it at first, I became convinced they were looking for "free consulting advice".

Interview Questions

• How would you solve [the particular technical problem they (BlueFly) was facing] "   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

25 minutes of describing the company history and work environment . Showing me around the studio and introducing me to other staff members. Showing me the equipment that they use in the studio.

Interview Questions

• What salary am I expecting   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview set up was on my dime, was traveling from out of state. 3-4 interviews including several with CEO in person. Was interviewed later by phone by someone who also was interested in my experience but didn't realize I had already interviewed at their office for another position. It was very clear in the interview that they were asking me questions that they were grappling with at the time and were genuinely interested in executing on (good) answers.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a problem of less frequent purchases from existing file size   Answer Question

Director of E-commerce Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluefly (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process - meeting senior execs for roughly 30-45min each. office environment is not ideal, seems cold. You wait in lobby and there is a photo studio in same floor. No receptionist, but someone let me in. Filled out standard paperwork for interview process. People were nice, but not sure if I would want to work here.

Interview Questions

• What technology platforms have you used in your past ecommerce jobs   Answer Question