Bluestone Lane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bluestone Lane

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

This was the first time I've done a group interview. It was such a fun take on the interview process and I really enjoyed it. It takes the pressure off of the 1:1 interaction and gives you an opportunity to meet some possible new coworkers.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to creatively problem solve in smaller groups.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

They were fun, energetic and positive during the interview process. They contacted me via phone first which is like a screening, I guess. I was then invited to the group interview which took place 2 days after. The group interview was fun and interactive. We learned about the company and each other while engaging in hands on team building activities.

Interview Questions

• PAY ATTENTION during the ENTIRE group interview. From the moment you're introduced to the very end you are being evaluated. They ask you questions about small things they mentioned. Big ears and open eyes at this one guys!   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Casual and consisted of mostly questions about your people skills and about yourself. They want to know that you can put on a smile and deliver their products with a positive attitude. You must be able to work well with others so they may ask you questions about your past positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous serving experience and how you handle busy times.   1 Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview itself is Stupid , the Place is extremely only white Folks are working , no diversity , the person who interviewed me is extremely racist and I feel like he doesn’t even want to talk to me ask me only 3 questions the phone interview I considered that is more challenging ? And the other people took them 15 mins to take turn ?? Wow and saying my experience is not qualified which is ive been in the customer service industry for four years ?????

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (New York, NY).

Interview

Dynamic group interview followed by a brief one-on-one interview, then a practical with an espresso machine to make a latte (only those of us with previous barista experienced were asked to participate).

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane.

Interview

Typically its as easy as you would expect it to be with very little conversation. More or less straight to the point. Very successful. To bad the company is disgraceful

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane.

Interview

Interview process was very welcoming and different from usual group interviews I like how they conducted it. We did a few group activities before we split to interview 121 w/ an opps manager. Than afterward I met with the coffee knowledge trainer and she had me make a few coffees on the new equipment

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It involved a 20 minute conversation in which my job role was changed back and forth from manager to barista 3 or 4 times. The experience was very unprofessional guided by kids in their mid twenties who have no HR experience, no university background and no experience working in the United States. I was offered 52,000 then they back tracked on that offer the next day. Very dodgy.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job? Do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Barista/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process at Bluestone Lane in Philadelphia was beyond frustrating. They brought me in for an interview on a Monday and told me I would hear back on Thursday. Come Thursday, I did not hear anything so I emailed on Friday to find out when I could expect to hear back. I am told that I will now hear back on Tuesday or Wednesday. The following Thursday comes along and still no response, so I email again to ask for an update. No response. I email again that Monday and ask for another update and am told that the manager at one of the locations will get back to me soon. I wait again till Friday before emailing one final time to find out a response. It has been five days since then and still no response. At this point I’ve given up receiving a response from Bluestone Lane. I found the entire process was incredibly unprofessional, if someone interviews for a job it is the employers duty to give them a response yes or no in a timely manner instead of just ghosting them time and time again.

Barista/Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bluestone Lane (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the company through indeed.com. I was then called for an interview less than a week later. When I went into the store for the interview the hiring manager gave me an application to fill out. After I filled out the application, we started the interview process. The hiring manager was very pleasant and the interview process was not stressful at all.