Boart Longyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.6

Import Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic questions on experience level, knowledge in relation to import /export regulations, NAFTA , US HTS, ECCN, etc... Questions concerning import and export experience and with what modes of transport.

Interview Questions

• How well is your understanding of the USHTS?   1 Answer

Import Export Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boart Longyear in October 2016.

Interview

They call without scheduling a call interview after 2 months I applied. The call was quick and I had to repeat what I said because the person on the side of the phone was probably following a script. The first on site interview was normal and they returned to me at the same day to schedule the second one. After the second interview I never received a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Questions about import/export tasks and why boart longyear   Answer Question

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very standard as with any other company. There was a phone interview and then two face to face interviews before an offer was made. The face to face interviews were in a group setting and had HR in one of them.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about your current role, what would it be?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

The top guys/gal running IT know little to nothing about IT (they got promoted into their positions when they fired the CIO and others). They are poker players so watch what you say.

Not the copmany I wanted to work for.

Driller Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

Called in for interview after submitting application. Was offered the job during the interview. Super easy. They interviewer was a cool guy and we just talked. It wasn't hard at all. No complicated questions or anything like that. They just want hard workers that they can train.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. What they really wanted to know is if you can work away from home and can handle the difficult life.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

Typical interview, one interview with HR then flew me in to meet with Procurement Director and CPO. standard questions but a bit rough about how they asked questions. I met with three people when in Salt Lake City Utah. Company was good in 2012 but has since been run into the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if they went bankrupt due to the current economic situation in the Mining industry.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fine, they offered and I accepted.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

Turned onto the company by a third-party recruiting organization.

I had two phone interviews and one face-to-face. The phone interviews were one-on-one and lasted about an hour each.

During the face-to-face interviews I met with six current employees and one consultant. They were made up of four team members, the director and the CIO. Lots of detailed questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick and easy. Great offer and more than I expected.

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

first one was good. second was quick. Not too professional. The director that interviewed me was not professional and used vulgarity to the HR person about me.. said jokingly... "no, lets not hire this piece of ...." Jokingly but come on, first time I meet you and you come out with that?

Interview Questions

• General questions. What can you bring to the company et. etc. They just wanted to know if i had good work ethic and can learn quick. I was promised many things in the interview that did not come to fruition.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and two face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy since I worked through a recruiter who got me more money.

Global Supply Chain & Warehousing Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Working through a recruiter, I began with a phone interview with the recruiter. That phone interview was followed by two more phone interviews, one with the VP of Central Materials (hiring manager) and the other with the Director of Supply Chain HR. I was invited to travel to corporate HQ to interview with multiple people, including the VP Central Materials, Director Supply Chain HR, the CEO, the SVP of Supply Chain and SVP of HR. The interviews were positive, but everything went quiet. After stringing my along almost two months, they finally admitted the open position had been withdrawn and they decided not to fill the opening this year.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to be demanding, including yelling at other workers when necessary, explaining that was sometimes required when working with people from other cultures.   1 Answer