Bob Evans Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2018

2.0

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Sat down with manager, asked behavioral questions, was offered the job. Really easy. This thing is making me write 30 words but I bet thats about how long the whole interview was. No joke its cake to get a job there, but its not a good one

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for bob evans?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants.

Interview

quick interview process
    no experience needed
    past experience waitressing helpful
    willing to teach and train
    must study the menu to be able to help customers
    must be able to multi task and work fast
    must be able to stay on your feet for hours at a time

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Hilliard, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I drove to the location and filled in my application in the restaurant and scheduled my interview that day. I met first with an assistant manager. A week or so later, I met with the assistant general manager. The second manager hired me by then end of the interview. The questions were mostly what would be expected: what would you do if something went wrong or if a customer were angry when they came in? The interview was conducted in the dining room and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Miamisburg, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

They were very thorough, wanted to see if I was the right fit. They made sure that they were not wasting your time or theirs. They wanted to see if I would be a good fit with the other employees, wanted to see if I was outgoing and friendly. They truly knew what they were doing. They were professional. Even asked if I wanted a drink. They were showing me the hospitality side very early on. I am happy I got the chance at Bob Evan's.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, nothing special. He just went over previous work experience, customer service, stuff like that. I just used my common sense and I thought that it went pretty well. It's an alright place to work, too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be a good fit for this work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Peoria, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews with Bob Evans. The first one was a lot more easier than the second one. I applied in person and gave my app to one of the managers. He started to go over it with me and asked me to come in for an interview on a friday. The manager that interviewed me exuded positive energy and was constantly smiling, making me feel more comfortable and relaxed. He asked basic questions (I believe only 3 questions were asked in total). He then told me to come in for another interview. I felt confident that I had gotten the job and the second interview would be twice as easy. Well I was wrong! I came unprepared and often tripped on my words. The man who interviewed me the second time was stiff and everything seemed scripted which made me a little uncomfortable. I guess he had gotten bored and talked to another manager that made her way over and started interviewing me. I finally noticed that it was open-house for more potential employees and decided to step up my game!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, when there are so many other restaurants you could apply to?   1 Answer
    • What does speed of service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Are you a team player?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied to be a host, but was given the option to be a waitress. I chose waitressing and was able to negotiate my hours because of school.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants.

Interview

I received a call and scheduled an interview. Went in about a week later and had my interview. I waited for like 15mins for the manager to see me. I thought they had forgot about me. But then he came out and was very friendly we went and sat at a table. He asked me basic questions and about school. We hit it off great. Then he said you can have any position that you want, which one do you wany? Which was amazing because normally people have to have multiple interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Bensalem, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

one on one, talked about my resume and previous work experience and if I could work nights and weekends. ask how you handle large work loads (only comes on Sunday mornings)

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Wooster, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first was a 1 on 1 interview in which I stated my interest and verified my ability to work, and met one of the managers. From there I was taken through the kitchen to see what kind of job I would desire, as they were hiring all positions. The 2nd interview was more of a group interview, in which we finalized paperwork, etc.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans Restaurants (Batavia, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the assistant manager one day and then came back to interview with manager. They were fairly nice and let me observe the kitchen and serving processes to see if I really wanted to work there.