Bob's Discount Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob's Discount Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, simple questions. More like a conversation. I met with 2 people, interviewed over the phone with 2 more people, then a phone interview with the regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Appleton, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

The external recruiting company made initial screening contact and set a formal interview time. Told to arrive 15 minutes or more prior to the interview, which I did, and was told by the store manager "you're really early - sit over there" - she was too interested in her phone.

The external recruiter provided the wrong information regarding the position I was applying for (explicitly told them part time but onsite interviewers had down full time) and the manager couldn't locate my resume. Subsequently interviewed with three assistant managers who all asked essentially the same questions. All were pleasant enough. Each one conferred with the subsequent interviewer. The final discussion was with the store manager. I found her to be abrupt and very rude. She was very clearly not someone I would want to work for and her uppity attitude ensures that I will never shop at Bob's nor encourage anyone else to do so. There was zero follow up of any kind.

Overall, a highly unprofessional experience for a company that says they're all about customer satisfaction.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

the interview process was not too bad . I had to interview through 4 people before the final say so was made if I was hired or not .

Interview Questions

• they asked me why would I be a good fit for the company . Can I handle big amounts of cash .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 managers in 2 days. The last manager was the General Manager, very nice lady. I was told to sell a dining set, and I did a pretty good job, cause the manager interviewing me was ready to buy it. And then the last interview was more of a conversation on my previous employment.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Manchester, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

You first have to fill out all your info on the company website, then I went thru a phone interview with the HR dept, then after passing that, I was asked to do several online assessments, which took at least 2 hours. After that I was then called by the IT dept manager who also had her assistant manager on the line. They both asked questions and after about 20 minutes, they asked me to come in for an interview. I then drove to the main office in Manchester, CT, first interviewed with the HR person, then with the IT manager, then with the assistant manager, then with two guys already working in the IT dept. So each person felt I was good enough to get to the next level and had 5 interviews that one day. I was told that I would hear something in a few days. Well that was months ago. Never heard a word from anyone at the company. I sent a thank you letter to the IT manager that night, thanking her for her time & consideration and allowing to meet the IT team. I felt the interviews went well, which they must have felt too since I kept the interview process going. So all together I devoted about 8 full hours and to hear absolutely nothing, unacceptable! At least have the common decency to let me know you went in another direction. To leave applicants hanging is totally unprofessional. Was highly disappointing with this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about what software programs I was familiar with/had experience with.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a very friendly recruiter the call went well and was basic manager questions. By the end of the call she felt she could find something in the company for me (we went over which locations would work for me and possible positions). She let me know I might hear from one of her peers by the end of the week. I received a call a few days later from a peer. It was a very different call. The women was pretty rude and condescending through out the interview. At the end of the call I asked what the hiring process was like. She bluntly said they generally promote from within, since they already know the position. Then she let me know I would hear back from them next week via email. Overall it was a big waste of time. If they are going to promote from within... perhaps they should start internally before posting the job for externals.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bob's? Why do you want to be a manager? Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Bob's Discount Furniture Response

Oct 28, 2016 – Recruiter

At Bobs, we find your feedback invaluable and want to thank you for sharing this experience with us. We are very sorry to hear how you were left feeling after your last conversation. This feedback... More

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in July 2016.

Interview

Face to face interviews with all three sales managers and phone interviews with district manager. I've never sold furniture before but this is a moral and personality interview. They are looking for transferrable skills that you may have picked up in other industries.

Interview Questions

• Why Bob's? What do you know about Bob's? Sell me something.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Freeport, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Asking of basic questions. None that had to do with position. Questions of availability came across, but no mention of type of position. Originally had posting of part-time, but was told that full time was available too. Not really specific on jobs details nor pay rate and/or commission possibilities.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with a tough scenario with a rough customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wharton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Wharton, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Too long way too many people interviewing you they all over promise the same lies too many times you have to show up wasting peoples time if that is the hiring process you should advise the candidate

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Two managers ask couple questions why you seem fit for the position your applying to and what qualities you have that contributes to the bob family and how do you feel about working on commission