Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

Writing code on the whiteboard in front of a developer panel. Length was approximately 3 hrs. The questions were around design patterns, database design, and methodologies. Got to meet the current staff and get a feel for what a day in the life of their work would be.

Interview Questions
  • Write a SQL query showing Sales by region base off a table with sales records and another table with regions.
    Answer Question

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

Easy to deal with. People were friendly and answered questions. The questions asked were relevant to the job position. Took the time to familiarize me with the company goals and environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in Jul 2021

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn. At the first meeting, we talked title and salary range to ensure we were on the same page and discussed the brand's goals. Then I had separate conversations with two members of senior management. I was asked to create a content plan with my short, medium, and long-term vision for the site. I had another interview to go over my vision. The recruiter said the company was updating the CMS and asked if I could start FT more than a month later. Made a low offer. I countered for 6% more. Didn't hear back for more than 11 days, so I declined the offer. Got a call and texts from the recruiter, who said now the job would start in January. Let's stay in touch. Scheduled a call a few weeks later in which they asked me for ideas for influencer partnerships, then asked me to outline an influencer training program. I asked for a signed contract first. They ghosted again.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in May 2021

Interview

I applied online and received a request to set up an HR phone interview. After the HR interview was set, the HR representative was 15 minutes late to which I had to send a follow-up email to confirm if it was still a good time to talk, and they called a few minutes after this. However the background of the caller was incredibly loud and they did not seem like they were prepared at all. This call lasted 10 minutes. I was then requested to set up a hiring team interview, where I sent the times I was available an hour or so after receiving the request. I didn't hear back on a confirmed time for days - up until the day that that was requested, when I had to follow-up again. HR finally responded to say an interview wouldn't work until another week out, which was fine. I studied and prepared for days for the hiring interview with the Merchandising VP and Project Manager. As soon as I was on the call the VP advised the interview would not in fact be an hour as scheduled, but only 30 minutes since they had another engagement. The interview proceeded to be only strange, personality based questions with no inquiry on the skills or experience I brought to the table. The VP monopolized and interrupted the entire conversation, and though I left still feeling pretty good, they have ignored any follow-up on next steps post-interview, after saying I would hear back in a few days ("were moving fast"). Overall, an incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful experience. As potential employees, we're also attending these interviews to see if the company is a good fit for us, we are respecting your time, this company does not have the decency to respect yours.

Interview Questions
  • Do you take supplements? Where do you go to get them? You have 100 M&Ms: there is a people skills bucket, analytic bucket, and pop culture/trend bucket - how do you divide your M&Ms to describe yourself? Who is famous person, that I would know, that you look up to/want to be like? Referencing the last two places you've worked: tell me about what you did at each job and tell me about why you left/wanted to leave each (be succinct, they will interrupt you)?

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in May 2021

Interview

HR phone screen. She did no introductions, just immediately said “tell me about yourself”. After the resume walkthrough she had no thoughts or questions, literally asked nothing. Followed up with her a week later with no response, several weeks after the phone screen it appears I’ve been ghosted. Very unprofessional all around.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

Thanks for asking about my strengths. What I bring to the team is a strong record in relationship building. I have solid work ethic. In my previous job, I not only meet the deadline but also complete the project well ahead of schedule. Result in complement from boss and increased 10% in profit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Overall the process felt very stiff and forced. The questions were vague and the interviewer didn't really seem to know answers to my general questions about the company. After further research I found they had two massive employee layoffs in 2020 and that was a red flag for me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a standard interview process. With What if scenarios. They seem very focused on the customer. Lots of questions about How do you go above and beyond for customers

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you went above and beyond For a customer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied for the position in early June, and did not hear back from the company until early July. I was asked to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. I spoke to her over the phone. The recruiter introduced herself, and asked me about myself. While talking to Tawny she sounded like she genuinely cared about my work history and the things I'm passionate about outside of work. I imagine she talks to a lot of people a day, so making me feel like I was important was nice. We talked about my experience, my knowledge base, how I hone my skills and grow them. I know she has never been an engineer, but she was able to talk to me intelligently. When I asked her about the company, you could hear the passion in her voice about the company. She answered questions about the team, the culture, the different databases, and some of how the company is moving. I am currently waiting to hear how her talk with the hiring managers went, but she left me with the feeling that Bodybuilding.com is the company I want to work for!

Interview Questions
  • Have your worked in an Agile Environment before? How long were your typical sprints?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in Jun 2019

Interview

Received a phone call. Expected the usual HR phone interview but instead got roasted about my experience. The interviewer called with no intention of actually setting up an in-person interview. Instead, they said my 1 year of experience was not enough for their job posting of preferred two years experience. They said my non-work experience did not matter because I was not being paid for it. My bachelor degree in Computer Science meant nothing to the HR lady. Toward the end of the phone call she also said I had applied for another position, and that I was not going to be considered for that position either. I'm not sure why they even called me. An email would have sufficed. I don't like being talked down to like I was by her.

Interview Questions
  • So, you don't have *any* prior work experience other than what you've listed on your resume?
  • Asked about everything I already put on the job application and my resume.
  • So these personal and academic projects, you weren't being paid for them? You cannot count that toward your years of experience.
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews

Bodybuilding.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Bodybuilding.com as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.48 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Inventory Control Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Bodybuilding.com takes an average of 18 days when considering 35 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 16 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Bodybuilding.com according to 35 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 36.67%