Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2019.

Interview

I have recently learned how much harder it is to seek out work when you are not just looking for a paycheck. It is insane how much you can tell by a company just in the way their interviews are conducted. I went through several interviews and not one of them can come close in comparison to the outstanding experience I had doing so through BodyBuilding.com. Some jobs take weeks to even get back to you! This company contacted me within 24 hours and that is only the beginning. Through the phone interview process, the interviewer did an outstanding job of making it feel like a conversation rather than a questionnaire. I can’t thank her enough for making it personable so I could comfortably answer each question in a way that wasn't written out or scripted. This left an impression that would keep me loyal to this company whether they offered me a position or not! The face to face interview was just as comfortable as the one conducted through the phone. I felt like I could talk to them as if I had known these amazing induvial for years. The setting it was conducted in was comfortable and there wasn’t a moment in the process where I felt panicked from intimidation. One short tour made me devoted to becoming employed by them because the vibes were like nothing I had ever felt being in a workplace. Everyone easily displayed signs of pure enjoyment for the work they were doing and there were no signs of discontent! I cannot wait to share more as I join this environment in a few short weeks! Thank you so much!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and asked fair questions about myself and my experience. They asked what programs I used and why I was interested in the position. Also, where I applied for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in April 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter regarding a software engineering position with bodybuilding.com. We first exchanged emails around my interest in the position and my thoughts about relocating to Boise, ID. After several rounds of emails, we followed up with a phone call to discuss the position in greater detail. Before submitting my name to bodybuilding.com, I was asked to complete a short 10 question written “quiz”. The questions ranged in scope, but were mostly centered around OOP.

About a week later, I was scheduled for a phone screening with the hiring manager at bodybuilding.com. This conversation lasted roughly ½ hour and covered many topics ranging from OOP principles, web architecture, business knowledge and company culture.

Several days after the phone screening, I received word that bodybuilding.com was interested in a face to face interview in Boise. A schedule was agreed upon and bodybuilding.com made all arrangements.
    The face to face interview consisted of two parts. The first part was a typical behavioral type interview with the hiring manager and one of their Sr. Engineers. This lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of questions like “tell me about a time when…”.

The second part of the interview centered more around technical topics and was conducted by four software engineers – this part of the interview lasted about 2 ½ hours. A wide range of topics were covered as they were digging to learn my boundaries. Topics included OOP questions, design patterns, web servers, server platforms, databases and many “what would you do in this scenario…” type questions.

Overall it was a great experience – very knowledgeable people. In the end, however, it was determined our “fit” wasn’t quite right for what they were looking for.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a brief phone screening after which I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview process was very interesting, we had a short group project at the beginning where we worked with other people applying for the internship to sell a product to the hiring managers (we were selling it to all hiring managers not just ones for our respective department). After this we ate lunch and waited to be called to a one-on-one interview. This interview was fairly low key, I was asked questions about my experience, the classes I had taken, why I was interested in the position, etc. The people were friendly and it seemed like it would be a great place to work. Be prepared to stay there for several hours if you interview for an internship position, but don't worry, they provide lots of snacks and lunch! While I didn't get an offer the company was very transparent and communicative throughout the hiring process which was appreciated!

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shiremanstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Shiremanstown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was actually recommended by the site manager. I was at one time his Lead and worked with him for 9 years. I interviewed with him and another site leader. I have very good references so I only had one interview..

Interview Questions

• My most uncomfortable experience at work.   1 Answer

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2012.

Interview

I was referred to the ACM hiring manager following a previous interview for a different position within the company. I had an interview with my direct supervisor followed by two separate interviews with senior employees within that particular team and a final interview with the, at the time, SVP eCommerce.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Meridian, ID) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewing at Bodybuilding.com really drove home the fact that interviewing is as much a skill as giving an interview.

The interviewers were pretty clueless as to what they wanted for the interview. Indeed, the development manager threw in random, undesired programming technologies just to see who it might kick up.

The preliminary interview questions went ok and were easily answered. However, then the development manager allowed an underling to conduct the rest of the interview. This individual had obviously been through interviews and had a vague idea how interviews were conducted, but completely fell apart when it came time to conduct the interview.

His excuse was that clients can often be difficult to work with and can give conflicting requirements. However, most clients are at least halfway intelligent and have a vision of what they want. This interviewer had no such vision and was lacking even that much intelligence. And he obviously had come up with a couple questions he considered to be real zingers because he kept asking me questions *as I was escaping.*

Before dismissing my experience as a bad day or even sour grapes since I didn't get an offer (I wouldn't have accepted if I had to work with this guy), I have had a similar report from two other developers who interviewed with Bodybuilding.

Interview Questions

• Design the object model of a system that only I know and I'm not going to give you any details.   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (New Berlin, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Pointless. wanted a resume yet more temps then actual employees. This job is not a good job. the interview was completely pointless. I found it disrespectful i even had to interview for a job where there is more people as temps then hire on. Work place is a disgrace.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in November 2013.

Interview

They interview you in a group setting. There are a lot of fake smiles, and the people interviewing you aren't exactly qualified to hire you in the first place. It's really a popularity contest, and has no bearing on your prior experience. They hire 18 year olds over people that are very qualified. They don't want experienced people, because they know you're worth more and will defend yourself if pushed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was cut and dry. Submitted my application online, then was contacted by an HR rep. We scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, who asked standard, basic questions. I heard back from them within a week and was given my start date and introduction packet.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time in which I went above and beyond the call of my job, and to respond in both English and Spanish   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with director of operations, followed by another phone screen with database admins. In person interview with everyone lasting perhaps 90 minutes. Flew myself to interview location.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer