Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.3

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

Three week process - 1st week: culture screening - 2nd week: interview with team - 3rd week: outcome.

The process was quick and efficient while keeping the interview fun and calm.

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and asked fair questions about myself and my experience. They asked what programs I used and why I was interested in the position. Also, where I applied for the position.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a recruiter screening call weeks after applying. Recruiter set up an interview with the hiring manager a week later who seemed disinterested in interviewing me. Received a follow up email a week later from the recruiter with some homework. After emailing the homework back I received a call from the recruiter that they were lowering the job classification and that I was over qualified but it felt more like a hard salary negotiation tactic.

Team Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I entered the BodySpace Spokesmodel Contest, it lasted 3 months end of Oct to Middle/end of Jan. 3 different stages of voting to make it to the top 5 male and females that go compete for first at the LA Fit Expo in Jan.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay motivated to exercise and eat healthy? How do you like to help others stay motivated as well?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID).

Interview

The HR rep reached out to me to ask a few basic questions and then to set up a face to face interview with the Product Ownership team. I met with the POs for a decently long interview about 4 hours long. After that I got called in for a follow up interview with the CIO which was brief but informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about gathering requirements for a new product?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with director of operations, followed by another phone screen with database admins. In person interview with everyone lasting perhaps 90 minutes. Flew myself to interview location.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Android Dev Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com.

Interview

Don't do their code challenge without talking to them! The interview was to do a code challenge, with 2 activities, a listview, restful services, unit testing. They packed it to the brim with small requirements that will take you lots of time. Sorting, dynamic pulling, popup fragments, you name it. In the end I had a solid 2,000 lines of Java code alone, spent days on it. A pretty steller application for a prescreen. All they could say was, eh not enough. I'm a professional Senior android developer years experience and a solid work experience at fortune 50 companies. I honestly found it pretty insulting that they had such disregard for my time. They have no investment to talk to you after you finish the work, and apparently the social aptitudes of moles. It was such a complete lack of professional curtesy to the point its baffling. Also I realized doing their app that you have to be really comfortable staring at naked bodybuilder roided men all day. By that point I had already been very turned off. Talk about body dysmorphia..

Don't get me wrong, I do code challenges all the time. Usually they take 2-3 hours and are at most 500 lines. I spent some serious time on their app, 0 lint errors, you name it. Even bothered with peer reviews for people with 20-30 years engineering experience. I wont make the mistake of not talking directly to the company before spending my time again. Course needless to say I wont be wasting my time with jokers like these in the near future.

Sad part was all they asked for was stupidly easy, just too much stuff for a screen. Bodybuilding, seriously, I HAVE a job. Where am I to get the time to do all that work? Do you write 2000 lines of java code a day? Seriously guys.

Interview Questions

• not one question. They wasted days of my time and refused to talk to me directly. Very unimpressive to hide behind your recruiting firm.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a brief phone screening after which I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview process was very interesting, we had a short group project at the beginning where we worked with other people applying for the internship to sell a product to the hiring managers (we were selling it to all hiring managers not just ones for our respective department). After this we ate lunch and waited to be called to a one-on-one interview. This interview was fairly low key, I was asked questions about my experience, the classes I had taken, why I was interested in the position, etc. The people were friendly and it seemed like it would be a great place to work. Be prepared to stay there for several hours if you interview for an internship position, but don't worry, they provide lots of snacks and lunch! While I didn't get an offer the company was very transparent and communicative throughout the hiring process which was appreciated!

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a couple days later. I know I did good on the pre-screening and was perfectly qualified for the position. However, I never heard back from the recruiter even after sending an email. It would have been nice to get some feedback or at least a reply back from my email.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will benefit you in this position?   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (New Berlin, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Pointless. wanted a resume yet more temps then actual employees. This job is not a good job. the interview was completely pointless. I found it disrespectful i even had to interview for a job where there is more people as temps then hire on. Work place is a disgrace.