BofI Federal Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BofI Federal Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at BofI Federal Bank

2.7

VP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank.

Interview

Unconventional. Besides meeting with the hiring manager, I also had to met with chief of staff. Aussie lady that’s somewhat stern. Doing well in is critical - if you don’t do well, it is an automatic no.

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (San Diego, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online for Salesforce Admin position.

1. Got a call from hiring manager for a technical telephonic interview, it lasted for 15-20 mins.
    2. took one online assessment (30 mins)
    3. Got a call for onsite interview in San diego (1Pm to 4Pm)
         - Had a great discussion with group interviewers ~ 1 hour.
         - One more online assessment (50 questions in 12 mins)
         - Introduction to team (5 team members) , the introduction round turned into Q&A session.
         - Final round was with an upper management, more like behavioral question. I found her very arrogant, she interrupted me almost in my every answer.She also mentioned that this job is for someone who is serious about the work and not for someone who just wants to get paid. She also suggested that there is a lot of work and people usually work late.

All people were very friendly except the upper management. Received an rejection email after a week, no reason mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about your current boss?
      Did you ever fail to meet the deadline? Why?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (San Diego, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and I was asked to take a means test online. I followed up with an email inquiry and about a week later a call to schedule an in person interview. I went in for the interview and was asked to do the means test again, in their office environment. I interviewed for about an hour with one individual and was told I would be invited back to interview with the team I would be working with. I waited about 10 days and called in to see if we could set a time. In the second in person interview I met with a total of three people over about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness your previous manager would say about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

About 20 interns showed up onsite at the same time, we all had the same introduction of the company and internship program. After the introduction, each individual met with different managers for their prospective departments.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, just questions about background and prior experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank.

Interview

The whole process was easy and pressure-free. They ask all the standard interview questions. First round is a phone interview. Then they sent a Wonderlic test. In person-interview is fairly informal with 1:1 and the group.

Senior Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

There were several rounds in total - phone call, wonderlic test and then in-person with hiring manager + senior position. 1:1 took a long time but was definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of data did you work with in a previous role?   1 Answer

Senior Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Fast, efficient and pleasant. Definitely a positive experience.

Scheduled an interview within a week and they got back with a great offer the same day.

Unlike other reviewers on this website I didn't find the process unpleasant. Yes, some profanity was used, no it wasn't really bothersome. More like a casual conversation.

They warned about it not being a 9-5, but it doesn't mean the work hours aren't flexible as long as you put in the hours.

Colleagues are great and so is the general vibe.

Employee turnover does seem high, but that's not because it's an unpleasant place to work but rather the high paced, competitive nature of the industry.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A wunderlich test and face to face with hiring manager after. Hiring manager was very rude and disinterested. Decided to pull out another resume with me sitting there because I had experience that “didn’t match what they normally look for” for an entry level position.

Overall the building was nice. However, seemingly high turn over and quiet culture. While there no one really spoke and plenty of empty desks.

All in all I feel as though I dodged a bullet from a manager who seemingly felt the need to assert her dominance and another male who spent the interview sucking up to her. Regardless, The advice I would give is there are too many entry level jobs to be treated like that at a company like this.

Interview Questions

• Why would we hire someone with you’re background?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank in February 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone and did the online Wonderlic test. Two weeks later, I was interviewed in person after doing the Wonderlic test again and got feedback the following day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you faced a challenge in your previous position.   Answer Question

HTML Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BofI Federal Bank (La Jolla, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then took an easy Wonderlic test. Was then brought in for an in-person interview that started off with another Wonderlic test. I then met with four people in four separate interviews. There's was a lot of talk about their "process" and how it doesn't work for some people. It sounded more like an excuse for unnecessary BS. They claimed they are like a Silicon Valley company but the overall vibe throughout the office was more like a mid-90s New York company. There is a pretty strict dress code with little company culture. They got rid of casual Fridays because one person "screwed it up" for everyone else which seemed pretty harsh. I read all the reviews on Glassdoor before going into the interviews. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I would have to believe the 2.6 star rating on here.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet one person who would it be?   1 Answer