Boiling Crab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boiling Crab Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boiling Crab

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boiling Crab.

Interview

I applied online and was happy I got a call for the interview. The interview was simple and straightforward. They asked some questions to get to know me and asked some creative questions as well. It did not take too long and I got a call letting me know I got the job about a week or so later.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very short. Met just once with 2 people from management. Only lasted about 10 minutes. More about getting to know you rather than learning about your capabilities. Applied online and they gave me a call one week later. After about another week they offered me a position. Interviews typically happen prior to store opening which is at 3. No need to dress up super nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boiling Crab.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a breeze. They are looking for young individuals who are able to be taught and have strong work ethic in a fast paced environment

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boiling Crab in April 2014.

Interview

There is a two interview process. First, you will meet with one or two of the floor managers. If they like you, they will set you up with a second interview. If that goes well too, you will get hired. There is an orientation date where you meet your "batch members" and training will begin.

Servier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

it was a very easy process, the employer spoke during most of the interview and hired on the spot. If you're called in for the interview it means that you're most likely getting the job. A catch though, is typically they make calls based on referrals. The employer also has preference on people with highly flexible schedules

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (Sacramento, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online. Pretty much waiting for the employer to contact you if they're interested. You won't get anywhere by calling the restaurant and asking to speak with the hiring manager, since the leads are the ones who answer the phones to filter the calls. More likely to get a call back & interview if you know someone who is already employed there & can put in a good word for you.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to your experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Hostesss Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boiling Crab.

Interview

Interview asks more personal / behavioral questions. They want to make sure you know how to prioritize / multi-task (i.e. if it's busy, what do you do first, etc.). Be energetic and personable as you will be interacting with customers everyday. Need lots of patience!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No - base salary with great tips!

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very causal, brief, maybe 15 minutes or less -- pretty easy and straightforward
    Basically looking for people who have open availability suitable for restaurant hours so your availability is most important.
    was interviewed inside the restaurant with 3 others waiting outside.

Interview Questions

• what are your long term plans?
      what is your availability?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (Houston, TX).

Interview

They want to see if you can be their friend before they hire you. If you are there for the money then they will not hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name one incident at your last job where you handled it pretty well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boiling Crab (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

There was two people who interviewed me. Looked at my resume and asked me basic questions. The interviewers were late and unorganized. Overall, very easy interview. Got an offer within the week. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Name three things you like about yourself?   1 Answer