Bombardier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bombardier

2.8

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call from a talent recruiter two weeks later. Scheduled a phone interview for one week later. Had the phone interview in which I was asked questions regarding my resume to ensure that I had the job experience (not so much skills) to do the job. Had one in person interview in which I was asked only behavioral questions such as what my managerial style was, how I would handle difficulty with employees on the job, if I had ever had to multitask in a job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The many behavioral questions that I was asked: what would I do if I knew an employee was performing poorly or inappropriately, what I would do if I was in a disagreement with my boss, etc.   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bombardier (Wichita, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. After going through the phone interview I had a face to face with approximately 6 people. Most of them did not say anything or ask any questions. It was scheduled for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were somewhat generic, there were no specifics.   Answer Question

Lead Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier.

Interview

Be prepared to wait and wait. Interview is the same questions that they have used for the past 15 years. If you are hiring on direct be prepared to negotiate. Typical phone with HR and then with the manager and then a round table with managers, HR rep and leads. Nothing changes in the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy when they hire you direct. Little to none if you start as a contractor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bombardier (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online, Got back to me after about a month after I applied. Initial call was from canada, a HR I guess. Was okayish call, asked me about my background. Then he set up a phone interview for the next week. That went well. Interview was mostly about basic programming stuff involving networks, coding etc. As they were satisfied, they set up an onsite interview at Pittsburg which was okay and followed the interview with a tour of the office, I was impressed and liked the office verymuch. Apparently that went well too and they got back to me after a month saying they made an offer. I made some calls in the meanwhile, they responded to one or two and gave positive feedback about the interview but were very very slow in the final response.

Interview Questions

• Cant give out questions, thats unethical. However, they are definitely not impossible(read it moderately easy) to answer for an above average graduate student/ 1-2 years of work exp guy.   1 Answer

They were paying very less compared to what I am expecting in a city like Pittsburgh.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bombardier (Pittsburg, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

First, talked to one two HRs . Talked about my background and resume. They asked some of my preference.
    Second, talked to a manager about their products and the technology they are using.
    Third, talked to two engineers about the development process, the technology of control system, embedded system. Because I had little experience in embedded system, they asked for training in embedded system .

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between v model and agile process. how to tailor them togother.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It took 2 wks. Technical and behavior questions.Not hard. But the people there was not curious about me at all. It made me awkward somehow. There were three of us to do the interview, one people got the offer. I would say the position is a little competitive there.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bombardier.

Interview

First a phone interview with the human resources and if you pass then you interview with local management.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bombardier (Plattsburgh, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted with three interviewers. Each person had their own specialty. The questions asked related to my schooling and experience as well as my general knowledge in blue print and assembly. After the Q&A we moved on to the hands on portion where my skills were evaluated.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bombardier (Wichita, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

Hired per resume' information.

Intern Interview

Interview

Short phone interview with an intern who went over my resume. On-site interview followed that was mostly behavior questions and situational. Got the offer within a couple of days. Total process took over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What were the biggest challenger at your last internship?   Answer Question