Booker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booker Interview Questions

Interviews at Booker

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booker.

Interview

Applied online on their company website and was contacted by a recruiter. Schedule a time to talk. The recruiter didn't call at all and there was no follow up. I emailed to follow up and got a response like a week later saying they're so busy with no apology for wasting my time. Set up another time to talk. He managed to figure out how a phone works and called me. At the end of the call, he said he would reach out with next steps. Never got an email from him again. Grade for recruiters at Booker Software: D-

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booker (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Went to a hiring seminar there. It was pretty casual. I was referred by a friend. They asked normal interview questions about myself and about my past experience. They wanted to see if I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would do well here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booker (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Started with a quick 15 minute phone screen to talk about prior experience and to better understand the role. I was then invited in to meet with two managers, both were very nice and informative. The position was almost entirely about cold calling, which was not what I was looking for at this point in my career. Received a job offer that same evening.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booker (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

HR interview to qualify me for the role. The sr. recruiter understood the business reason for the hire and was able to ensure that I could back up the claims in my resume with specifi examples. She also looked for a cultural fit. She was easy tot talk to and as informative as a recuriter can be.
    Interview with direct manager qualified my background, explored my experience in more detail and ensured the personality fit with the client.
    Interview with outgoing staffer I was replacing to determine internal cultural fit and an aability to understand client issues.
    Interview with SVP of the business unit providing background on the challenges of the role.
    Interview with the CEO. The need for a quick hire was there so the CEO conducted a phone interview to determine fit and then called me back for a 45 minute preparation for the client and the program's issues. The offer letter was waiting for me when I got home.
    The salary and incentives communication was clear from the 1st HR interview.
    Overall, a smooth and well communicated process.

Interview Questions

• 1-How to deal with difficult clients?
      2-Describe my experience dealing with large clients.
      3-What is my experience dealing with a dispersed resource pool of onshore and offshore resources?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booker (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview just to make sure I knew what the job title entailed, a second in-person interview that was pretty (they love if you bring questions to ask them ;)), and a third phone interview. It took about a week and a half but everyone was super nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What my prior experience has been like and why I was switching companies.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booker (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Total of three interviews. First was phone interview with recruiter, which included just general questions about previous position, asked about sales experience, what you know about the company and the position itself and why you want to work for Booker. Second interview with management was very similar, they really try to gauge how much sales experience you have but are not looking for aggressive, pushy sales people. Third and final interview was with VP of sales who wanted to know about previous sales positions, metrics and accomplishments.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booker in January 2013.

Interview

I found them on a blog and applied via their website. Set up a phone interview with Julie, the HR lady. After that I came in for an actual interview. Got off on the wrong floor at first because Booker has two floors. Met with three of the sales managers and was supposed to meet with the VP of Sales but he had disappeared by the time it was his turn.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really many questions that I can remember. I just mostly talked about myself and had some conversations with the managers about movies and music they liked.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Very straight forward - 1 Phone Interview, 1 Face to Face with multiple sales managers, 1 Mock Sales Call.

Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make 80+ cold calls a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is based on experience. If you have sales experience you make X. If not you make Y.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Booker (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Alex and he has such a great energy and view on Booker. He is the main reason I chose to move forward with working here. I also met with Melissa the recruiter and she handled the phone interview portion, also provided me with an initial rundown of how the interview would go, and who I would be meeting with, their roles. She also made sure I was clear on the position I was applying for before bringing in the person to interview me. They were very honest about being a startup and making sure I knew what that meant and the hurdles that come along with it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booker (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

It was all lies, including the compensation package. Everything was different when I came onboard. The one thing consistent with this office is no one knows what's going on in any department.