Booz & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Booz & Company

3.4

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz & Company (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Consisted of 2 interviews one by a Senior Associate and one by a partner.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz & Company (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

On-campus MBA interview followed by in-office interview. Had a coach and lots of people to speak with.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz & Company (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Talked to recruiter first, then a phone interview, and then came in and interviewed with 3 people in one day. Received an offer within a week.

Application

Interview

First talked to Booz recruiter, then a phone screen, followed by 3 in-person interviews in one day.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz & Company (Houston, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

The first round was a phone screener. I spoke on two separate occasions, one with an SA (engagement manager) and the other with a Principal. Both were in the Cleveland office. They gave case interviews on the phone. Both cases were about consumer product companies. The first was about how to grow revenue in a shrinking market, while the other was about a CPG firm re-designing its product set on shelves. Both folks I spoke with were engaging and talkative, though the cases were tough (especially on the phone).

The second round was in-person and consisted of three interviews: 1 Principal, 2 Partners. These cases related to energy & gas and to consumer products. The cases were harder than the first round, with one being VERY tough. They were enjoyable to talk with and, despite the cases being difficult, they struck a good balance between challenging me and collaborating to solve the problem.

There were also behavioral questions and some background stuff. All of the logistics and communications went smoothly, no issues there. While the interviews were tough, I thought they were fair, and the whole process left me with a positive feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Our client is a gas station retailer is facing a contract that is expiring with its gas supplier. It is considering: (1) renewing the contract, (2) going with a different supplier, or (3) starting its own brand. What do you recommend?   Answer Question
    • Our client is a major CPG company that is facing declining revenue and market share in a shrinking market. How do you recommend they increase sales revenue and share?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate moving my offer from one city to another. They were flexible about this, which made me very happy. Also, they were able to speed through my signing bonus in to the current year, which helped me save a lot in taxes. They didn't have to do either and it left me impressed with how quickly they were able to move.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz & Company (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to attend interviews that went over multiple rounds. Interviewers were polished and professional. Make sure you are current on news, particularly business news.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will succeed at our company given your background does not exactly match what we are looking for?   1 Answer
    • Do you think you can handle being on the road every week for several months?   Answer Question

Had offers from other firms.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

First round interviews consisted of two 45 minute case interviews. A couple fit questions were asked but both interviews consisted mostly of cases. The second round interviews were two one hour case interviews. These interviews had more fit components than the first round of interviews. However, these cases were also more conceptually challenging.

Interview Questions

• What does is this graph tell you? (It was a cluster graph showing frequency based on the number of dots as plotted against the x and y axis) These sorts of graphs can convey a lot of information but are difficult to read.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay scale is highly transparent across the organization, leaving little room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz & Company (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

They had the usual format of case interviews and behavioral. Everyone interviewing from the various MBA programs seems really cool which was a good sign. Interviewed with partners and current associates. Nice offices, nice people, supposedly good pay.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz & Company in October 2009.

Interview

3 back to back interviews with 2 Partners and 1 Associate (level I'd be joining). Very professional, friendly and relaxed. I was given a formal (full blown) case interview, market sizing question, brain teaser, and semi formal case interview (asking for step by step process of how I'd approach the problem without getting into too much detail). Culture seems very collegial and and "work hard play hard", which is what I wanted all along.

Interview Questions

• Devise an organizational structure for an oil company that operates at up-steam (exploration site), mid-steam (transportation) and down-steam (retail). What are some options and pros/cons of each? What's your recommendation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for MBA (Associate position) offers. It's all standard unless you make a lateral move from McK, Bain or BCG, in which case they recognize your experience at a previous consulting firm. Otherwise, everyone starts at the same level. (or I am told so)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz & Company (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

on campus 1st interview plus in office final interview with partners

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not yet