Booz & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.5

Associate I Interview

Interview

Standards case interview questions and also behaviorial interview questions, there were two rounds total with two case questions in the first round and two partner interviews in the final round at the office where you are interested

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you failed, describe a time when you led a group   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview

Case interviews focusing on profitability, GTM, cost rationalization. Plus personal interviews focusing career growth, resume walk through. Typical to have multiple rounds with associates, managers ad in the end with a partner

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz & Company (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of people that didn't really know what the job description was nor was it provided to me prior to the interview. Asked random questions that didn't have much to do with the position.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Booz & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a typical consulting interview with three rounds - the first round had two cases, the second had two more cases on-site. First round cases were generic, round two cases were specific to the practice.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Challenging interview process. First step is a multiple choice logical test and business case. The second step consisted in two interviews with senior consultants. Questions about entering food retailing market from scratch and turnaround business case in insurance sector. Portfolio mix and segmenting revenues, costs and earnings evaluations. Very fast case discussions. Velocity, business sense and hypothesis validation are requested.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio mix profit trend with numerous and differents sources of revenues and earnings by field specific financial ratios   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz & Company in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Process took 10 weeks. Flew out for the first round interview itself. 2 standard 45 minute cases. Interviewer got back within a week and scheduled another interview 3 weeks after. Case interview but this time fit was also given equal importance. Final round was 10 days later - had a 1.5 hour interview - discussed a lengthy case. Be sure to have a clear answer as to why you want them more than McK, Bain, BCG. HR was very responsive and communicated next steps on time. Over all a good experience

Interview Questions

• Standard case - I found the cases at the same level as the ones that BCG and Bain give (having interviewed with both). Be sure to be quick in your calculations, almost all the cases were heavily quantitative in nature. The interviewers spent a good amount of time talking about my interests, background and the usual behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through a contact who put me in touch with the recruiter. First they said 6-8 weeks but since I had another offer from a strategy consulting firm soon after, they were fantastic in expediting the process.
    First phone screen with a HR
    Then, phone interview with as principal. Included fit question, industry specific questions and mini-case to see how I structure a problem.
    Final round was in the office with 3 partners. All interviews had a component of fit, problem structure and innovative thinking (thinking on your feet) to general industry problem.

Very impressive people! Fantastic interview process! good compensation.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, but require innovative thinking, and in-depth subject expertise.
      How can a company stop parallel trade of drugs?
      How can a high cost drug add value to preempt cost scrutiny?
      what are your thoughts on beyond the pill?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The base offer was good and they were great in ensuring that the offer was competitive and even matched the signing bonus from another offer I had.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview

The first round is a phone interview by recruiter. She was very nice and just asked some basic questions about background.
    The second round is a phone interview by a senior associate interview. He asked some basic behavior questions first and then a small case.

Interview Questions

• The case is about how to promote the profit margin for a medical company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview

Hiring and interviews were a very long process - it took 4 months in all. I went thorugh about 7 interviews, all were behavioral in nature and did not have any case components which was shocking to me as I was expecting tough case questions throughout the process. The recruiter I worked with was very nice but she was not always as responsive as I would have liked, especially in a 4-month process.

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview

Absolutely phenomenal interview process. The recruiter worked very hard to make sure I was prepared for my 5 rounds of interviews with 9 people. While the process did take a little longer than I had hoped it was the best interviewing process I have ever been through. I even had the Global VP and Senior Partner personally e-mail me to say congratulations.

Interview Questions

• What is the most logical thing to change with $1B USD?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate.