Boston Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boston Dynamics

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Dynamics

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Boston Dynamics doesn't do straightforward technical interviews (with a coding aspect) instead focusing on overall technical knowledge and problem solving. After hearing back from a recruiter, I did one behavioral interview and one technical interview before declining the position.

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Dynamics (Waltham, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

One behavioral phone screen with HR, one technical phone screen with a lead engineer, and then a 4-hour onsite day. Toured the building, gave a 20 minute technical presentation, then interviewed with HR and 4 engineers (separately).

Interview Questions

• Design a filesystem using object-oriented programming.   1 Answer

Robotics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Dynamics.

Interview

The good: Robots were cool, interesting environment, small company feel.

The bad: Only asked technical questions (including standing at a whiteboard and doing problems on the spot) and didn't seem to care about getting to know me as a person or knowing about my career aspirations. Asked questions to intentionally try and trip you up. They were over 30 minutes late bringing me in for the interview. Non-diverse workforce. Heavily skewed towards MIT grads. The engineers seemed cliquey and unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to get up on the board, do problems, draw graphs about random things.   Answer Question

Robotics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Dynamics (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward, they did their phone interview then asked for a person interview shortly followed by a second interview. The last of which however felt as if the interviewer was not human, almost as a machine but I could be over thinking things, I tend to do that.

Interview Questions

• there are 10 types of persons in this world?   3 Answers