Bourns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bourns (Riverside, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through email for an engineering internship position. They do not have an actual internship program yet so the process was a little longer than expected but everybody I spoke to throughout the process was extremely nice and helpful. After a few weeks I had a phone interview. A few weeks after that I had an in person interview where I was asked basic questions about why I would want to work here. A few weeks after that, I was called with the news that i was going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job and what responsibilities you had   Answer Question
    • Can I have an example of when you had to problem solve and what you did and how it worked.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

I had two interviews and was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a good process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bourns (Riverside, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

One on site interview with Hiring Manager, 1 Pier Colleague, and Human Resources. The interview process took about 1 month from the time I applied to the time I got the job Offer. The job was a good fit with my prior work experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bourns (Riverside, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was pleasant and very informative. The company is quite conservative, so they were being very careful to find the right fit. There were 2 interviews in total, the individual that was leaving conducted the first interview and then her boss conducted a second interview. The first interview was approximately 1 hour long while the second with her boss was about 2.5 hours.

There were a lot of hypothetical questions and when answering with real experience, the interviewer said "oh, I've got to come up with better questions, you've done all this." I was surprised at that remark because one would think you would want someone who had actually done the job versus what they think they would do. This was surprising for me.

The facililty was very quiet and I was told "we discourage meeting in the halls." To me that meant, they discouraged conversation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to move a person from exempt to non exempt?   Answer Question

Interview

It took long time to have three steps interview, overall is not that difficult but it depends on how managers like you or not. The questions might not be that difficult to answer, but the first impression is very important.