Boys Town Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys Town Interview Questions

Interviews at Boys Town

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

My process was painless from beginning to end. It began with an effortless online “assessment”, which in my opinion was majority common sense material. This was followed my a refreshing phone interview and ended with a 2 on 1 interview with a couple of Boys Towns higher ups. They were very genuine and set a tone with positive energy.

Interview Questions

Boys Town Response

Oct 11, 2018 – Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your interview experience. If you have any further feedback to share on how we can... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in April 2018.

Interview

Within days after submitting an online application, I was asked to submit a video interview. I had two days to complete the online interview. Although I could practice with some standard questions, the actual interview offered spontaneous questions with only 30 seconds to formulate a reply. There were 14 questions, some of which required a multiple choice answer, some a typed answer, and others a verbal answer. It has now been over a week and I have not heard from anyone about the status of my application/interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you have made and how you resolved it.   2 Answers

Oct 11, 2018 – Recruiting Outreach Partner

We appreciate you leaving feedback regarding your interview experience. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at feedback@boystown.org.

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE).

Interview

It was a little confusing. The interviewer didn't really describe the reward system before telling me to role play it with her. It would be more helpful to explain what the reward system is and why it is set up that way before trying to role play scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure so far?   1 Answer

Youth Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was online wth a webcam. There were only questions and you have 3 minutes to answer all 15 of them. There is no person asking the questions just the computer.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the team?   1 Answer
    • If there were a child catching a seizure, one was fighting and the other ran away what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you woke up and smelled fire in the group home what would you do?   1 Answer

Foster Care Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Providence, RI) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was informal, call with HR first, interviewer asked basic questions, wanted to act out scenarios, overall it was basic. None of the questions were surprising or would get you stuck.

Interview Questions

Boys Town Response

Oct 11, 2018 – Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for providing your review. We’d love to learn more about your interview experience and suggestions on how we can improve. Please email us at feedback@boystown.org.

Youth Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

Online video interview. They record your answers and then review them later. You have a few test tries on the answers, but it is all very quick. After the video is sent and done you will receive a phone call from HR. I received a call for a second interview in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boys Town (Oviedo, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was basically like I was recording myself answering questions. It was a little awkward at first. The question appears on screen and you have 30 seconds to think of an answer before it stars recording.

Youth Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

First interview was a digital interview through Hirevue. Received a call for a second interview. Questions asked were why you want to work with Boys Town, are you ok with the hours, role playing, which is more important type of questions and etc.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in January 2013.

Interview

Three to four interviews with various team members. Lots of questions about beliefs and commitment to self, community and faith. Lots of questions about past employers and employment experience. Lots of questions about education and training's. Lots of questions about family.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for boys town?   2 Answers

Oct 11, 2018 – Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your interview experience. If you have any feedback for how we can improve your experience, please email us at... More

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Oviedo, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a digital one where you're asked a stock question and given time to respond. I actually found this harder than the face-to-face that's done for the second interview. Not to many curve balls though, just giving you situations and looking for the most appropriate reaction. Stay calm, describe the youth's behavior and offer more measured options and you're golden. Second interview was more direct, practical and logistical stuff.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a youth became angry and started calling you names?   Answer Question

Family Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very thorough. First i was screened out by doing a video interview with hirevue. Then i passed the screening so they called me in for an interview with the family consultant supervisor. It's been a week and a half since I interviewed so I am waiting for an offer or no offer.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 characteristics you think you need to have for this job?   Answer Question