Boys Town Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys Town Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2017

In- Home Family Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys Town (Fort Pierce, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application on glass door. Someone from Hirevue called me to schedule a digital interview Boy's Town had prepared. I answered a 30 minute series of questions both in writing and digitally on video. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be good for the position   1 Answer

Youth Care Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys Town (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was great the first part was an online interview, which was great because I was able to prepare for each question and there was no pressure to make me nervous. Once I passed the second interview I was called in for a brief in person interview where I was asked questions and given scenerios of how I would react with certain situations with the teens.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child used profanity toward you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Oviedo, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a digital one where you're asked a stock question and given time to respond. I actually found this harder than the face-to-face that's done for the second interview. Not to many curve balls though, just giving you situations and looking for the most appropriate reaction. Stay calm, describe the youth's behavior and offer more measured options and you're golden. Second interview was more direct, practical and logistical stuff.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a youth became angry and started calling you names?   Answer Question

Family Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position, we heard back within 24 hours. Then we were sent the information to do our first interview two days after that. Once we'd completed the first interview (a video session), we were contacted within a couple of days to do a phone interview over a conference call. The conference call was yesterday, but we haven't heard back about it, yet! The talent acquisition agent (Brittani) was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's one situation or behavior that would make you very uncomfortable?   1 Answer

Youth Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

Online video interview. They record your answers and then review them later. You have a few test tries on the answers, but it is all very quick. After the video is sent and done you will receive a phone call from HR. I received a call for a second interview in person.

Family Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very thorough. First i was screened out by doing a video interview with hirevue. Then i passed the screening so they called me in for an interview with the family consultant supervisor. It's been a week and a half since I interviewed so I am waiting for an offer or no offer.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 characteristics you think you need to have for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boys Town (Oviedo, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was basically like I was recording myself answering questions. It was a little awkward at first. The question appears on screen and you have 30 seconds to think of an answer before it stars recording.

Family Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pleasant--very casual. There was a video interview with a set of questions having to do with how you would respond to the youth in various situations. The video was well received we thought. The recruiter wanted us to go to the position in Omaha--we were pushing for Orange County. A glitch with my husband came up with his past that was almost 9 years old and then the conversations were abruptly stopped. They did not let us know why and we never thought an issue that old would hinder but it did and so there has to be a clean record completely --they tell you on the application not to put those things down. We werent hiding anything. We have been working with youth for years

Interview Questions

• They were typical--what would you do if cooking dinner one of the youth that was on the phone became upset and started banging the phone against the wall?   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE).

Interview

It was a little confusing. The interviewer didn't really describe the reward system before telling me to role play it with her. It would be more helpful to explain what the reward system is and why it is set up that way before trying to role play scenarios.

Youth Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys Town (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was online wth a webcam. There were only questions and you have 3 minutes to answer all 15 of them. There is no person asking the questions just the computer.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the team?   1 Answer
    • If there were a child catching a seizure, one was fighting and the other ran away what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you woke up and smelled fire in the group home what would you do?   1 Answer