Brafton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Meet with Lead Gen manager, CSO and Leadgen team member. They did a general knowledge test. It's entry level so it was a lot about understanding what this role entailed and how to be successul. Dress to impress. It is a quick process, if they like you, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you will be successful in this role?   2 Answers

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was a fairly quick interview process: 1 phone and 1 in-person. Offer was presented same day as the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

After having good conversation with the HR rep, I had an interview with the Social Media Marketing Manager. I arrived to the interview about a half hour early, and there was no office/room available for me to take the pre-screen test. 50 math and english questions in 15 minutes. It was strange because the receptionist kept mentioning that hardly anyone finishes, and that I shouldn't expect to, but I ended up finishing with about two minutes to spare. Okay, feeling good about the rest of the interview after that point. A few minutes later, the Social Media Marketing Manager comes in, introduces herself, and then immediately gives me another timed test about creating 10 posts across various social networks in 20 minutes. During that time, she was on her laptop responding to emails, occasionally looking at her stopwatch. After that second timed exercise was done, we had our actual interview.

Right off the bat, I was told that this particular position's responsibilities had changed since I had submitted my application, with a focus on blogging as opposed to traditional social media channels. Blogging has not been my forte, and I felt I was immediately at a disadvantage, since essentially this is no longer the job I had applied for. There were very few questions about past responsibilities and accomplishments, and more of a discussion of what they wanted to do with this position's new responsibilities. The conversation lasted all of 10 to 15 minutes before I was given the opportunity to ask questions, which I of course had plenty of after this change in circumstances.

As a professional and job seeker, I have issues with a few things in this process. First and foremost, it's unprofessional and frankly disrespectful to change over 50% of the primary job responsibilities for a position and not inform an applicant before an interview. With essentially an entirely different job, you should be looking at different candidates, and an applicant may no longer have interest. I appreciate them bringing me in regardless, but it felt like I was interviewing for a job where my skills and experience weren't nearly as strong a match as the original job description. Second, during the formal interview, the timed test showed that Brafton is more interested in quantity over quality, wen it comes to social postings. A good social or email campaign stems from the strategy and execution involved, not how quickly you can make a post, and I truly hope they show their clients a greater attention than a few minutes. Third, the "IQ" assessment was an absolute joke. SAT-style questions that any high school student should be able to complete. A waste of time to have professional employees take, even young professionals.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

Had one phone interview - a breeze. Then had one in-person interview, after having the equivalent of an IQ test upon arriving, followed by a "social media writing quiz." Both were really easy if you have any sort of background in business and social

Interview Questions

• The IQ test was fairly random and unexpected - had some math questions, but mostly problem solving and logic   Answer Question

Offer was for 38k and company did not divulge which clients or even industry I would be working on - major deciding factor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes where the interviewer quickly went over my resume and then spent the rest of the time describing the position and the company culture. There were very little questions asked, and the small amount of questions that were asked were pretty basic. The HR rep got back to me within a week about the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

Brafton Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Managing Editor - Brafton.com

Thank you for your interest and time exploring Brafton opportunities! As an industry leader in the digital space, we often receive a great response to our open positions. We always do our best to... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the HR director in Chicago, although the position is in Boston. In the office every one was very friendly, and personable. They administered a timed aptitude test very similar to the SATs, and then led me down to my in person interview. I met with two department heads, and felt that the interview went pretty well until I got the rejection. Then a week later they reposted the same job.

Interview Questions

• The web development department head asked me about front end modules, then separately about plugins.   1 Answer
    • The department head asked me about the three kinds of loops in PHP.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through Linkedin, initial call with HR followed by a writing test, an in-person skills test and an interview with HR and manager. Took a few weeks due to some scheduling mishaps

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

It was straight forward. Had an initial phone screening. Then I was asked to come in, where I met with the team manager, then the team director, and then some team members. Also had to do a mock sales call. It all took about 3 hours. The next day I was given an offer.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process. I went through a phone screening with a recruiter and manager. After that, it was in person with two managers and a final with a Vice President. There was not a lot of curve balls other than making sure you have a good idea of what they do and be prepared to pitch them as if you were a BDR.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Great streamlined process. Plan on allocating at least 1 hour for each interview. Maybe more if you can, because if they see potential they may ask if you have time to meet with upper management on that same day. So definitely make sure you have planned accordingly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good. Streamlined.