Brafton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brafton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

It was straight forward. Had an initial phone screening. Then I was asked to come in, where I met with the team manager, then the team director, and then some team members. Also had to do a mock sales call. It all took about 3 hours. The next day I was given an offer.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes where the interviewer quickly went over my resume and then spent the rest of the time describing the position and the company culture. There were very little questions asked, and the small amount of questions that were asked were pretty basic. The HR rep got back to me within a week about the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

Brafton Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Managing Editor - Brafton.com

Thank you for your interest and time exploring Brafton opportunities! As an industry leader in the digital space, we often receive a great response to our open positions. We always do our best to ... More

Content Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

15 minute IQ test on a laptop that had to be brought in to the conference room and set up. There was a bit of an issue with it at first which concerned me while taking the test.

Q&A with the Content Marketing Director after the test.

Everyone was very nice.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

A simple IQ test and writing sample. That was about it, except for a 1:1 with the managing editor. There were barely any questions about my past experience or how I would transition into the role from my current position.

Lead Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

Quick phone screen with HR, followed by an in-person interview at their offices. I took an editing test after the phone screen, as well as on site before the interview. There is also a multiple-choice IQ type of test they administer before the interview—basic math, logic, etc. Everyone was friendly, and the questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Background information, skills, familiarity with AP style, etc.   Answer Question

Lead Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brafton (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

standard phone interview; basically a recitation of your resume. However, you had to submit to a timed one-hour writing and multiple choice test. I was locked out my apartment the evening of the test. I can and emailed to ask t o reschedule and never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Salary range. Familiarity with AP style.   2 Answers

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brafton (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then the manager of the department. Then I had to complete a writing and editorial assignment. Once they reviewed the assignment, they brought me in for an in person interview where I took a "quick think" test (15 minutes to complete SAT-like questions; if I'm going for an editorial job, why must I do math questions?) Met with the woman who would be my manager and then with another member of the team.
    After my in-person interview I did not hear one word from anyone at Brafton for TWO months even after sending thank you notes and a follow up. Then, to make matters worse, the denial came in the form of an automated, completely impersonal email.

News & Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then moved onto a 90-minute timed writing test, which basically consisted of writing two 200-300 blogs based on two articles they provided. After that had an in-person interview with very standard questions. Was supposed to take some kind of IQ test but the computer wasn't working...

In retrospect, it was all a little excessive considering the standard of writing at Brafton, which was very low.

Interview Questions

• Honestly nothing out of the ordinary. Just be personable and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brafton (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, basic HR stuff confirming the resume. After that I was sent a writing test, 90 minutes to write 600 words. After finish the writing test, I was brought in for an in-person interview. In-person consisted of a quick thinking test (A 50 question, 15 minute test with simple word problems, pattern recognition questions, basic math) and a copy editing test (very straightforward).

After the tests, I interviewed with three people at once. Interview went well, very conversational. After reading reviews here I was a little apprehensive coming in, but the Brafton managers were very honest about expectations for high writing volume/the difficulty of the job. I would have been worried if they had acted like the job was easy, but they didn't: they said flat-out that this was a challenging position and that not everyone does well.

Content Writer Interview

Application

Interview

It was extremely quick and painless. I was interviewed by two of Brafton's higher-ups at the same time, which was a little intimidating, but it was very easy to navigate if you're a good writer.