Brainshark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brainshark

2.7

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR team members through the Monster profile.

Arranged an initial phone screen interview, HR arranged
    * Xoom video interview with director level
    ** I was asked to upload a production-ready completed asp.net MVC project that involves refactoring legacy code as part of technical assessment.
    *** Arranged 4hr long on-site interview (with 6 members) after all above

Interview Questions

• I am impressed with HR's ability in an arrangement of quick interviews.
      Senior software engineers praised the Dependency Injection technique used to refactor the technical assessment. Code walkthrough and clarifications on advanced techniques used in refactoring tasks.
      Their core product is still in VB6. The interview went well but no offer.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

Pltwo phone calls and a coding exam. Got a form rejection the day *before* the coding test was due. I’m glad I didn’t spend a lot of time on it.

If you’re going to progress a candidate to a coding test, you owe it to the candidate to let them submit the test.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous positions.   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Interview

Got an automated email pretty quick confirming that application was received. Never heard anything else. Looked up the number for their HR department and left a message and email there to follow up on status. Even tried reaching out to others listed as hiring managers via LinkedIn.
    Would have been fine with a batch email of sorry we're not interested at this time, but just unfortunate that I couldn't even get that.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through hh. The process was very smooth and timely. I did a phone screen then they give you project to refactor after submitting it they brought me in on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a project to refactor. It took me a while to wrap it up but it's you and code, and cleanup. They liked my refactored code, it was mainly based on Clean Architecture and DDD principles.   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. HR was just gathering info on me. Then follow-up a week later with hiring manager. The hiring manager did not have my resume in front of her. Her phone connection was poor. Bad preparation on company's part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you have done in CS.   1 Answer

Marketing Automation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen interview and then straight to in person interviews at the Waltham location. Interviews were with 4 members of the marketing team, ending with the CMO.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about experience with Agile methodology as well as experience with MA solutions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA).

Interview

3-steps:
    1) Telephone Interview
    2) Product Demonstration
    3) Meetings with supervisor and peers

I have the impression it is more about your personality than anything else. Interview process is not standardized and varies depending on the department and hiring manager.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brainshark.

Interview

Phone screen from the hiring VP..great back and forth for 30m and then schedule an in-person and met with hiring VP and two other Regional VPs...came back for 2nd round and met with everyone again and the CRO...was given verbal offer from hiring VP - had to wait on HR for written offer for a week or two but all in all it was good process...

Database Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

A quick phone call with their recruiting coordinator followed by an in-person interview with the hiring team at the corporate office in Waltham. The in-person interview was a rotation-style interview with each member of the marketing automation team (Demand Center).

Interview Questions

• Describe your typical workflow and how you might structure a day.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively smooth. The first two touches came from HR and then the hiring manager via email/phone. The onsite interview followed shortly after that (about 1 week later) with the hiring manager and two members of the current PM team. There was no second interview however it did take some time to hear back regarding the job offer (about 3 weeks)

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview I was asked to create a Brainshark highlighting either previous experience or a how-to on any subject I wanted (as the role involved training clients).   1 Answer