Brainshark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brainshark Interview Questions

2.6

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brainshark.

Interview

Phone interview, nothing in-person. Very informal and the interviewer didn't really seem to care who I was, she was just looking for a body to warm a chair that knew how to use a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions:
    - Design: Build a chat client
    - write ATOI function
    - Alphabet grid: You have a grid with letters from the english alphabet. You have to write an algorithm to find the longest word in the grid.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume, multiple interviews with team members, Director and VP. Good review of culture and job responsibilities and well as a day in the life review.

Interview Questions

• In depth conversation about customer experience philosophy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. The offer was a good one.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Stay clear of this firm! This isn't my first rodeo with this firm but due to their sketchiness it will be my last. No emails beforehand but just a random call about a position I applied to months earlier. Red Flag 1. Asked a few unrelated questions but asked about salary first question. Red Flag 2. After a few weeks of nothing the scheduled a call with hiring manager. He never called. Red Flag 3. I had to reschedule and when I talked to him he sounded annoyed and hurried. Red Flag 4. Asked wayyy to much about other competitor firms since they were on my resume. Seemed to be digging for info. They have done this twice before.

Interview Questions

• What firms have you sold to and how did you contact them   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brainshark.

Interview

Phone screen from the hiring VP..great back and forth for 30m and then schedule an in-person and met with hiring VP and two other Regional VPs...came back for 2nd round and met with everyone again and the CRO...was given verbal offer from hiring VP - had to wait on HR for written offer for a week or two but all in all it was good process...

Manager of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I came in to interview to meet with the executive management team which included the CEO, CFO, CTO, SVP, HR Manager, Director of Software Development, Director of Custom Engineering and Rapid Response and Director of IT to discuss their current hiring needs of the company, how my experience and expertise will help them along the way. Everyone was very pleasant and showed lots of enthusiasm working there which made me feel like the environment was a place I would also want to work at. When I was finished with the interview, they extended me an offer the very same day. It was professional and in a timely manner. I'm glad they chose me.

Interview Questions

• Am I afraid of sharks that are smart? If so this is not the place for me. That's why it's called Brainshark. Pun intended.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick and to the point. I was closed earlier on salary expectations which shows they know what they want and was good at not wasting anyones time.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Combination of resume experience, SaaS experience, and personality/gut of interviewers

Interview Questions

• Talk a little bit about your sales approach or methodology   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager was very responsive and clear about the expectations in terms of the role and the interview process. This helped me prepare for the interview and make the right decision when the offer was presented.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Spoke with the director (who is super nice). Was then told to make a short presentation using their free software and come back in a few days to present it to the team of my would-be co-workers. I did so, and then talked separately with several team members including senior PMs as well as management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave them a range and they exceeded it somewhat.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview. They do a light version of this now. I interviewed with the entire team at once, and then with individual senior & mgmt members. Everyone was very nice, but the process was intense , long, and nerve-wracking.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your last job?   1 Answer