Brainshark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.6

Marketing Automation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen interview and then straight to in person interviews at the Waltham location. Interviews were with 4 members of the marketing team, ending with the CMO.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about experience with Agile methodology as well as experience with MA solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brainshark (Boston, MA).

Interview

3-steps:
    1) Telephone Interview
    2) Product Demonstration
    3) Meetings with supervisor and peers

I have the impression it is more about your personality than anything else. Interview process is not standardized and varies depending on the department and hiring manager.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brainshark.

Interview

Phone screen from the hiring VP..great back and forth for 30m and then schedule an in-person and met with hiring VP and two other Regional VPs...came back for 2nd round and met with everyone again and the CRO...was given verbal offer from hiring VP - had to wait on HR for written offer for a week or two but all in all it was good process...

Database Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

A quick phone call with their recruiting coordinator followed by an in-person interview with the hiring team at the corporate office in Waltham. The in-person interview was a rotation-style interview with each member of the marketing automation team (Demand Center).

Interview Questions

• Describe your typical workflow and how you might structure a day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively smooth. The first two touches came from HR and then the hiring manager via email/phone. The onsite interview followed shortly after that (about 1 week later) with the hiring manager and two members of the current PM team. There was no second interview however it did take some time to hear back regarding the job offer (about 3 weeks)

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview I was asked to create a Brainshark highlighting either previous experience or a how-to on any subject I wanted (as the role involved training clients).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Spoke with the director (who is super nice). Was then told to make a short presentation using their free software and come back in a few days to present it to the team of my would-be co-workers. I did so, and then talked separately with several team members including senior PMs as well as management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave them a range and they exceeded it somewhat.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview. They do a light version of this now. I interviewed with the entire team at once, and then with individual senior & mgmt members. Everyone was very nice, but the process was intense , long, and nerve-wracking.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your last job?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brainshark.

Interview

Phone interview, nothing in-person. Very informal and the interviewer didn't really seem to care who I was, she was just looking for a body to warm a chair that knew how to use a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions:
    - Design: Build a chat client
    - write ATOI function
    - Alphabet grid: You have a grid with letters from the english alphabet. You have to write an algorithm to find the longest word in the grid.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brainshark (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume, multiple interviews with team members, Director and VP. Good review of culture and job responsibilities and well as a day in the life review.

Interview Questions

• In depth conversation about customer experience philosophy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. The offer was a good one.