Branch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Branch Interview Questions

Interviews at Branch

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had an initial skype call and code share with one of the engineers. I was then called in for a five hour onsite interview. During the onsite, I met with a product manager to discuss product and design, then I met with two engineers for white boarding challenges, and two others for cultural fit type questions. Branch handled the process and communicated very well throughout. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Data structure, string parsing, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They move really quick with their interview process. I finished all my interviews with them and was made an offer all within one week. The first interview was an HR call followed by a take-home test, a technical phone screen and finally onsite interviews. The onsite interview comprised of around 5 interviews, with around 2 technical and 3 HR related with question answer sessions at the end of each. The recruiters were really helpful and understood my time constraints . The whole interview process even thought short, was really smooth.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation (phone screen)
      String manipulation/ Dynamic programming/ recursive function (onsite)
      System design(onsite)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I got contacted through Staffing agency. First was a 30 minute phone discussion about the role and requirements. After that one 45 minute coding interview over the phone + screen share. Then I was called for an onsite interview. During onsite interview there were 4 technical rounds and 2 general discussions. Overall the interview process was good. The interviewers were quite nice and friendly during the discussions.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and programming
      JavaScript and frontend
      System design and architecture
      Product and communications
      General Coding Exercise

Culture related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This review is for HR, not Engineering.

I applied for the position online, got contacted by the recruiter the next day.

I spoke with the recruiter, and proceeded to the Engineering screen the next week. The Engineering screen went well.

The next day, I was told I was invited for an on site interview and was asked for available times. Due to availability issues, I had requested the on site to be the next week. I filled in my availability. I did not get a confirmation for the interview time. I had sent a few follow up emails to both the recruiter and the on site scheduler... no response.

After 3 days, I had written them off. One day, I got a call asking why I was not present for the interview. I had responded they had never given me a confirmation time. After checking all my mail, I never saw that confirmation time. We had agreed to reschedule for the next week. After contacting them the next week, no response.

In all my years of interviewing, I have never missed an appointment. Recruiters from all other companies are usually very prompt in getting back to me when I am scheduled to go in, usually responding within the same hour. The fact that I got zero response after several follow ups is disappointing.

This is a shame, because I was very excited to speak with this company.

Interview Questions

Branch Response

May 22, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback on your interviewing experience. We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable scheduling errors and miscommunication that lead to the poor experience you had. In the future... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Branch.

Interview

A lot of wasted time.

There were a few phone screenings, then a challenge to complete an app by integrating their SDK. The app didn't compile on iOS and they only had an Obj-c Version.

I reached out a few times to the hiring manager to ask questions but on 3 different occasions never heard back.

After I submitted the app I promptly got a generic "no" way faster than all my questions which were ignored.

Interview Questions

Branch Response

Sep 18, 2017 – COO

Thank you so much for your feedback, and I am deeply sorry you had a negative experience. We (and I, especially) take this feedback very seriously, and it's important that every candidate have a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor. One phone screen with the recruiter, then a coding challenge this came as no surprise I was given a heads up in the email, and then onsite with the team. The onsite was extensive I was emailed a breakdown so I knew what to would expect. By far the most organized process, got an update from the coordinator when the order of the interviewees changed. The onsite is not easy but given how detailed the job description is its fair. I should have prepped more, appreciated the transparency of the process and the organization. Didn't get an offer, I guess the candidate pool was pretty competitive, I will reapply in the future. Heads up, I was expecting the process to take long but because they are organized you should apply when you are ready to move right along, this isn't a bad thing because you know where you stand in the process vs companies who don't call you for a screening for a month or so. Onsite consisted of six interviews each person was knowledgeable, very detailed, prep some questions to ask this was another area I could have done better on.

Interview Questions

• RESTful APIs and client server interactions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Branch (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions specific to the role, cant disclose questions due to NDA. Data structures, algorithms, know your basics very well. Be ready to ask questions and answer questions about company blah blah blah blah

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Branch.

Interview

Smooth Interview with fast turnaround time. Nothing too difficult. Interviewer was nice and respectful. Explained a lot about their current state of the company. Company is relatively small so good potential to grow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Branch (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of online technical phone interview with shared coding editor. 4 hr onsite, finally one technical presentation.

onsite Interviewer were helpful and allowing to take time to solve the coding problems. Engineers I met with in Branch are smart and passionate and explained me about the product.

But the interview process is very tiring, specially last technical presentation on any new technology which you like to talk about. I did not like that round specially the team attitude during presentation was biased against my technology already and making comments or jokes for ex. who uses PPT nowadays, who likes to present on Windows machine like that , which I felt very awkward during my presentation.

FYI for those commenters, who uses PPT/Windows , Microsoft profit's in billions so try to reach to that level before making such useless comments.

Interview Questions

• General DS questions, questions about previous experience, behavioral questions, Technical presentation.   1 Answer

Mar 14, 2017 – COO

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Branch and for providing this very valuable feedback. We apologize that you had a less than stellar experience with the final presentation format and... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Call consisted of behavioral questions and short coding problem. When trying to schedule next steps, not responsive even after follow up. Seems to have a communication problem between recruiting and engineering team.

Interview Questions

Branch Response

Sep 25, 2018 – Head of People

Thanks for providing this feedback as we strive for regular, smooth and responsive communication and in your case we did not deliver that. If you'd be willing to email me directly, I'd like to take a... More