Brandy Melville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brandy Melville Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application then realized they would probably take their time getting back to me and I needed a job ASAP. So I went in asked if they were hiring was introduced to the manger she took my information down and I gave in my resume, she took a picture of me and told me they would get back to me by the end of the day. She also asked for my availability, if I would be part time or full time and other related questions no interview questions. The lady was really nice I liked her a lot, they got back to me in two hours and told me I got it also I am Mexican and short not the typical "brandy girl".

Interview Questions

• No interview questions just availability, part or full time and what pay I would like.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Management is terrible. Went in to ask if they were hiring and the manager took pictures of me and my outfit, then told me to comeback a few days later for an interview. She then went on vacation for two weeks. I returned three more times, only the last she was actually there. She then took pictures again and told me she would instagram DM me to let me know if I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

very superficial. I was called into the store for an interview. It was obvious the job was just based on looks. Lasted two minutes. It felt like the second I walked in, the manager knew if she was going to hire me or not. I did not feel good about the interview after I left.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went into the store with my mom and one of the employees asked to take my picture for my outfit. I was contacting via Instagram and asked to come in. When I went in I just singed the paper work and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I went into the brandy in Newport Beach, CA and asked for a resume and they gave me one and then I turned it in the next day. A couple months later I was at a brandy model casting in LA and someone at the Los Angeles store asked me if I wanted to work there said that I look closer to the Newpor I wouldn't ask for a resume and they give me one and then I turned it in the next day. A couple months later I was at the Los Angeles store and one of the workers asked if I wanted there i said that I look closer to The store in Newport. So she took on my information and took a photo of me and five minutes later I was contacted by the manager in the Newport store and when I came in the next week she just had me fill out a couple forms and I worked the next day !

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I could fill out a photo release form   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (Westport, CT).

Interview

So easy, really quick interview where they asked mostly style questions. They have you submit a picture beforehand which is very strange and selective. Interview seems like it's just to see if you would fit in and look good in the clothes.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

Applied in person. Got a call to come in for an interview about a week later. The interview process was quick and easy and the girl who interviewed me was nice! The questions were easy and then she took a picture of my outfit. Great experience! Make sure to wear all Brandy including accessories tho!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online but didn't hear back, called store and was told to send an email with my picture, resume, age and hours. Took a few days but I got an email back asking when I could come in for an interview. Girl seemed uptight and judgmental at first, was sort of nice at the end. Took a week to get a short email back.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to someone complaining about all the clothes being size 2?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone complaining about the long line?   Answer Question
    • What's a challenge you've faced in the past that you were able to overcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

i applied online, got called into an interview and got the job, very simple and quick, online i just submitted an about me and a resume, i came back a couple days later to fill out paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brandy Melville (Westport, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Went into my local store to have my picture taken and talk to a manager. The two parts weren't even really related, I applied online and did hear back... I happened to be in the store one day and saw that the sales girls were super overwhelmed and mentioned to the manager that I was available. She took down my info (email, phone number, instagram) and took a picture of me.