Brevan Howard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brevan Howard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.3

Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brevan Howard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

On site interview with Infrastructure manager, other infra team members and developers, followed by CTO as a second interview. Both sessions had friendly interviewers and sensible questions. CTO part was more of a chat and office tour.

Interview Questions

• A Russian roulette style question. You're playing with one person and are told there are 3 bullets in consecutive chambers with 6 chambers in total. The barrel is spun and you can choose to go first or second. What do you do?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Interview

Was contacted directly by Brevan's HR and invited in immediately, though their employees seemed to think I had applied to a posting. Was never shown any sort of spec for the role (not even a job title) so had to find out about it in a piecemeal way through questions to different employees across several interviews, which made the process feel very one-sided plus I'd rather have used their time on more interesting/in-depth queries. All the employees I met were friendly and welcoming, however, and I appreciated the chance to meet the people I might be working with. I had a number of interviews with team members as well as the team lead, and a final one with someone senior in the firm which came as a last-minute surprise as I'd been told to expect more of the same until I actually walked into the room. This absence of information was a common thread throughout the process; I know there's a school of thought that it's better to have an unprepared interviewee to get an unclouded impression of their knowledge level and experiences, but the interviewers that I met evidently weren't prepared or clear enough on what they wanted to make use of that, which was frankly awkward. One of you has to know why you're sitting in the room! When it came to that final interview I'd had another one elsewhere earlier in the day and was offered that job within 24 hours; after a few days' thought I accepted without hearing back from Brevan as I felt it was the better firm, had more progression opportunities and the impression I'd garnered from the interview process of how they viewed their graduates was more positive. The latter turned out to be absolutely right as Brevan never even got back to me! Seven interviews and not even a perfunctory 'thanks for your time' phone call (or even email) at the end. Bizarre experience all round.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about you." Six times. Beyond that, CV questions, various internally designed tests and fairly standard questions about hedge funds.   1 Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brevan Howard (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency working for Brevan Howard. It was a screening process where they asked simple questions about my achievements and CV, as well as when could I begin and what salary would I accept. If you pass the interview then they set up an interview in London, which is much more technical.

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brevan Howard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for this role through a recruiter. The job description was a tad vague and so I wasn't wholly sure what to expect.

I was told by the recruiter to do a fair amount of research on the company, but at no point in the interview was I asked 'Why Brevan Howard?' or

I had a face to face interview with two senior members of their team, and a third member from their Quant team also came in to ask some more technical questions.

Overall, I found the interviewers friendly, with a good sense of humour. The interview was not quite what I was expecting but I wouldn't say it was overly difficult. I lacked the technical skills for the role but for someone who had some experience of these I don't think they would have struggled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a schema and then write a query (in SQL) that would allow you to pull back all the winners of the lottery, where a winner is defined as someone with 3 or more matching numbers (out of a total of 6).   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brevan Howard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Sent Cv to headhunter, he set up everything else. First round interview with technical questions. Simple maths questions or combinatorics.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brevan Howard (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

there were 4 interviews with lots of quant questions. some of the guys were not particularly friendly which is probably a reflection of the type of person that works there - arrogant. still, it was a great salary on offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brevan Howard in February 2009.

Interview

excel vba and database test: a bit surprised by high level (although i past the test): connection to db, array formulas, udf, add-ins. interviewed by colleague too ( not only by direct manager) - i thought a bit strange.