BridgeStreet Global Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.1

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (Reston, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

This review needs to be titled, "Bullet Gladly Dodged!" ... Let me start off by saying, I have been successfully employed for the past 15 years. In my current job, as well as my previous, I too was tasked with hiring certain positions. I'm aware of how the typical interview process works. The process at Bridgestreet started off not so bad... but just got more and more strange after each stage... After the first interview I checked Glassdoor, and wonder of wonders after its all said and done, EVERY negative review was pretty SPOT on, and it's so clear that the good reviews were falsely placed there by the company to even out the negative average. Anyway, I had three interviews and was about to have a presentation in front of a panel when I was bluntly emailed that they would not be moving forward with my application. That's it! No explanation... nothing further. My initial conversation went well, but each time I passed a stage, the HR contact would try to give me tips on how to impress the interviewer to get to the next stage. This was a red flag for me. After my second interview, I was told that my next step would be to present the company in a mock sell presentation. This seemed so very strange to me! But, I went along with it. However, when the HR contact called me back, instead of setting up the presentation, I was told that I needed to speak to ye another person..."He's the head guy and REALLY tough!" I was told. (ok... so STRANGE! I could understand if a recruiter was giving me advice, but this was an HR employee for the company!) She also gave me some more crazy news... they would not allow me to present to the panel from my home location, as they previously said would be totally fine. I was told the "Sr. VP preferred I come to the office for the day." What? The company knew I was currently employed and could not afford to take the entire day off to travel down 3.5 hours away from home, for a job after 3 interviews, and no inkling that I would get the job! I politely emailed HR back and explained that I understand the Sr. VP would prefer I come, but I am in no position to make such a trip at the time, and I'd be happy to do it remotely as previously agreed upon. Please see my interview questions, to view more on how ridiculous this process went.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very specifics about the current company I work for... "What were your budgets for this year?" "How much money did the hotel make for their current goal?"   1 Answer
    • They asked me what percentage of my hotel was sold due to brand recognition.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you would sell the property?   1 Answer
    • What would your biggest difficulty be, since you will be coming from a hotel sales background.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (Reston, VA).

Interview

One of the most unprofessional interview experiences I've had.
    Their recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview but she never called for our scheduled appointment. I had to contact her and she gave me an excuse then asked to reschedule. She missed our interview appointment on two more occaisons. Absolutely shows the company lacks professionalism.

Brand Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Participated in six total interviews to include phone and video panel conference, Initial interviews included a screen, followed by an interview from hiring manager, additional interviews with mid then executive level management and ultimately a video conference case study presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a client you stole from a competitor and how you did it?   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality in March 2016.

Interview

All I can say is a times I felt as though I was interviewing for a position at NASA with the number of interviews I had. I felt at the end of the day I was mislead by management as I was told I'd be scheduled for a 5th interview and it never occurred, even though management was very high on my skill set. Apparently the reporting manager had a different idea. Yes, he was the last interview, which I thought was strange. Generally, you interview up the "food chain". If you do apply here, expect a long drawn out process, don't believe, "we're in a hurry to fill the position".

Interview Questions

BridgeStreet Global Hospitality Response

Jun 10, 2016 – Director, Human Resources - Americas

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We feel that is important to ensure that our candidates get to meet a variety of our teammates at BridgeStreet during the interview process. When... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

A joke. Felt throughout process the people were insincere with negative intentions. Go with your gut and keep moving on. Just filling space to quantify this review. Really nothing else to say.

Interview Questions

• None, they just dig for the negative. Don't underestimate yourself.   Answer Question

Jun 10, 2016 – Director, Human Resources - Americas

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't feel you had a positive interview experience. I am interested in hearing more about your interview. Please do contact me at our Reston, VA... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (Reston, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter who represented the company but obviously did not work within the company! This became apparent during the interview and from the emails she was sending from a generic email address

Interview Questions

• Recruiter read from a script word for word what was written in the job decsription (duh) and did not take the time to ask specific candidate interview questions. It was a joke! Bridge street should take the time to know that the company they are trusting to hire strong candidates is doing a terrible job! No wonder this company has horrific reviews on glass door!!!   1 Answer

Mar 2, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. The staffing firms with whom we work are well vetted, and I feel that our firms would not have conducted the interview in this manner. It is possible that a... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (London, England (UK)).

Interview

6 stages, 2 x telephone interview, 3 x face to face and assignment. No feedback at all after final stage or on assignment. Very poor experience overall - failed to answer questions well, no structure to process and left bad taste afterwards. Would not work for this company.

Senior General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One of the most refined and detail-oriented three stage interview process which I have ever seen. the process lasted for three weeks, with prompt announcement of result. Very thorough and impressive process indeed. Clearly, the behavioural interviews are thing of the past. Prior to interview process I was given some questions to respond to. There was an online psychometric test as well.

Interview Questions

• An example (what motivates you?)
      Made me feel at ease and very comfortable.
      The first stage was interview with two senior business leaders of the company.
      The other stages included presentation to the executive leadership team and interview with the CEO.
      As, I said before very thorough and professionally conducted process.
      Clearly, the behavioural interviews are thing of the past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marylebone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (Saint Marylebone, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was told to prepare a presentation for preparing cup of coffee based on developer's perspective.
    After the presentation, They were quiet impressed with the presentation.
    There was no technical questions asked as the panel were not technical people.

After few days, I got a feedback on my interview from the recruitment consultancy that they felt my answers were very brief and lacked real detail.
    The feedback that I received was strange to me as they looked quiet happy with my interview.

Interview Questions

• There was couple of questions based on the projects I have worked on.   Answer Question