Brighton Collectibles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Then I was called by HR to have a phone interview. The second step was a one on one interview in Phoenix. The third a team meeting and math skills assessment in Los Angeles.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest flaw?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (Deer Park, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was super comfortable and very easy. I enjoy working for this company. They know how to treat their employees well. I would recommend working for Brighton. They give you bonuses if the store meets their sales.

Visual Display Artist (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (City of Industry, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I was briefly interviewed over the phone by HR. Next, I was interviewed in person by the same HR person and then after a walk through the factory, I was interviewed by the two leads of the visual department. The interview was strained at best as there was some sort of emergency happening and after a total of 3.5 hours I felt as though I had been talked out of working there. During part of the interview, some of my portfolio designs were actually insulted, but I chalked it up to a possible cultural difference at the time. I was nonetheless given a project and returned home. The HR woman called me the next day to check on me because the interview was so hectic and strained. She seemed to show concern for how I had been treated which felt reassuring at the time (like she was commiserating with my weird experience). I finished and returned the project in less than a weeks time and waited for a response which came the next day. They were pleased with what I turned in. Technically, this next interview, which was with the head of HR, was my fourth with the company so far. This interview also lasted awhile, about 2 hours, during which I was encouraged to go visit a store and again see and meet some of the visual team members who were working there. So I did. Thinking everything was going swimmingly this time around, I drove to a store. There I was told again by the other visual lead how much they liked my project. While I was at the store, the visual lead actually told another employee how crazy my first interview was in a sort of attempt to make her new employee feel better because apparently her first day had also been nuts. Anyway, after I left I didn't hear anything further and then a week later I received a rejection letter in the mail. I debated whether or not it was correct for me to write about this experience, but I feel like a sucker for basically doing free work for a company that treated me so poorly and thought so little of my time. I hope that this might help those who come after me, even if it is only to let them know that they were not alone. The job search is stressful and the employer holds all the cards, but you should listen to that voice in your head when it tells you to run the other way. I wish I had.

Interview Questions

• Weirdly, after showing a professional portfolio, I was also asked to provide photos of personal projects that might show how creative I was. This is sort of a slippery territory as often what is commercial is not what a creative person would choose to do personally. Anyway, it felt a little strange, but I complied.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

Interview

Go to the store an ask if they are hiring, look good because you will be judged as soon as you walk in. Do not wear ripped clothes or be demanding if they are with a customer. Politely wait and then ask for an application. If they like you and have an opening they will call you or schedule you for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

Interview

It was a fairly simple process. I was a walk-in applicant and met with the store manager the same day. She reviewed my resume and asked a couple general questions, then scheduled a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview, a face to face interview was scheduled with the store manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your successes and challenges? Do you have experience with client books and building customer relationships?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (Fairfax, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was brief and the questions were not clear when asked. Many of the questions were bordering on the same thought but worded differently. When I would answer the question, the District Manager would find herself rewording her questions since they were presented in a cryptic manner. The questions were all the normal ones asked during interviews for retail but she seemed to go out of her way to stump me in her wording. The store manager joined the interview. The interview was just strange as interviews go.

Retail Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (Wesley Chapel, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Spoke on the phone twice and was offered an hourly wage that wasn't acceptable to me. I countered with another dollar amount and she said that she would have to speak to her manager in order to see if they would agree to the higher amount. The store manager then said that she would call me back the following day and now it has been a week later and she still hasn't returned any of my calls.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply with us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

It was fairly easy, but a lengthy process. The questions were straightforward and nothing unusual. After one interview, you basically get passed onto another Brighton store where you will have another interview. Then you can get passed on again. Some stores I interviewed at specifically said they weren't hiring there, so it's a mixed feeling of "it is great experience for future interviews," and "why am I even doing the interview."

Jewelry Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

Interview

The interview process started soon after my resume submission. It was very professional and the interviewers were quick to share as much information about the company. However, there were too many stages of the interview process that dragged on for one month. I was only being hired as a senior jewelry designer and not for top management.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the pressure all designers have to stay on top of trends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brighton Collectibles (Frankfort, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted roughly 45 minutes and included what would you do scenarios with customers, describing your character and what you like about Brighton collectibles. This is done on a rating scale where the employer rates you on a scale from 1-5. Based on the 1-5 scale they would see if you where a candidate for them. The interview was done off site at Starbucks. It was very easy and non intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Share with me one of your most difficult work experiences and how did you over come it?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite collection at Brighton collectibles?   1 Answer