Brightview Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightview Senior Living Interview Questions

Interviews at Brightview Senior Living

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was great. I did not feel rushed and all my questions were answered. The recruiter really honed in on who I am and who the company is. I am looking forward to then next step.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

After submitting the application you are asked to take an assessment test. If you pass this assessment test they schedule a initial phone screen with you. If you pass the first phone screen they will schedule a second screening with you. If you pass this second screening they will schedule an in person interview.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

I called to get an interview they informed me the were holding group interviews and would sign me up. Group interview went well.I got a 1on 1about a month later that went well. I recieved a Job offer. Went an did my
    drug test/background check.All of that went thru and I started orientation/training then came
    work. I was about a 2 week process after the 1 on 1.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Everything is online. Recruitment sends an email notifying you to log into a website for a test. If you don't meet the profile needs. There is no response to your application. If you do, the process progresses to the next step. Very quick response time.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living.

Interview

Group interview for range of positions being interviewed at one time. Director of the facility sat in front of a row of applicants and asked us a series of questions to which we could respond or not respond. She took notes and said that she would pass our information on to the individual department head in charge or the area we were interested in. When asked when we should expect to hear from that person the director indicated 3-4 days. 3 weeks later I received an email saying they would like to talk further.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a leader, follower or contributor?   1 Answer

Home Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living.

Interview

Process started online and then went to phone with the direct hiring manager and then one on one interviews with several department managers before references were checked and offer was made.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Severna Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Severna Park, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out a application online and received a call/email a week late asking what time was I available for a interview . I scheduled it 2 weeks in advance . It was a group interview maybe 30 of us we sat in a circle and described ourselves and our past work experiences. It lasted about a hour .

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult time trying to overcome something (work related or personal) ?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

The first time I applied online and took a test. I didn't hear anything. I applied a year later when another community had availability and at the suggestion of a friend. I did receive a call from a wonderful recruiter and he was so positive about my results on the test /my experience/ education and apologized for the fact that no one had called me before. I took off from work for my interview, which was over an hour away from my home (the office in Baltimore) and waited for 45 minutes past my interview time to be led into a conference room where I took a timed test. The internet went down halfway thru the test and I had to go out and ask for someone to come in and fix it. They said it had never happened before but I started over again. No big deal. Then I met with a talent manager and she was fabulous-Very sweet . She said she was sure that I would be hearing from them. After that, I met with probably one of the worst interviewers I have ever encountered. Not friendly at all and it was obvious to me that he had an issue as soon as he walked in the room. He had a piece of paper with a bunch of prepared questions to ask me and did not deviate at all or personalize the interview. Not one question seemed very relevant to what my position would be and is now. I answered them all with honesty but I could feel he wasn't really interested in my answers. I could feel his boredom and he didn't seem to want to interview me.
    I was so impressed with the other two people that I had met though. I had very high hopes for Brightview and thought the mission aligned so well with mine and what I was looking for in an employer.
    I was very disappointed because another colleague of mine works for Brightview and encouraged me to apply for this position as she thought it would be a perfect fit.
    I had to ask for feedback on the interview and two weeks later was told that the gentleman (regional person who interviewed me that was horrible) did not want to go any further. I was told it was his decision alone.
    I feel like I wasted my time, effort, gas and a vacation day (LOL) on a company that didn't even give me a chance. By the way...I would have been a great employee and it was their loss.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to Brightview?
      When did you handle a situation poorly and what happened?
      What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Brightview Senior Living Response

May 17, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thank you for your review. We'd like an opportunity to respond regarding your experience with us. While we work hard to make a positive first impression, it sounds like your time with us missed the... More

Recreation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Tarrytown, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview with 6 others, it went very well. Asked several different questions and when we had an answer we would raise our hand. Interview took about 35 min. Questions were about getting to know you and no trick or difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What type of role would you take on in a group? Leader, observer, follower?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

I took a personality assessment and spoke with a great HR person who was very informative and enthusiastic about the company. When I arrived for in person I was surprisingly led to a conference room to take an assessment prior to my interview. (I'd suggest that be done in advance or ensure candidates is aware of the process.) Then interviewed with hiring manager which was an ok experience.

Interview Questions

Brightview Senior Living Response

Jan 4, 2018 – Employer Representative

Thanks for your feedback on our interview process. For the position you interviewed for we do require our candidates to take a behavioral assessment. This assessment is administered by a third... More