Brilliant Earth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brilliant Earth Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted application, called for screen interview, called in for in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• A diamond was inventoried but is not in the safe. Where could it be?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the founders at the office, was a pretty typical process. Nothing too unexpected. They asked some questions, showed me around the office, described more of what the position would involve.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

25 minute interview, talking about myself, past experiences, my interest in the company's mission statement, two behavioral questions and one quick math question. It was a simple phone interview, though the interviewer seemed very disinterested from the beginning.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Had multiple interviews with the current holder of the position as well as reporting manager, department director, and even the Co CEO/founder. Overall had 7 conversations over the course of 3 weeks (split between phone and Skype)

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Phone interview- The HR employee called me and immediately began asking questions. The interview lasted 20 minutes, and wasn't tailored to me or my resume at all. It was as if she was reading a list of question, because some clearly didn't apply to me at all.

Interview Questions

• They ask typical interview questions. Most surprising to me was a tax question. They ask you to, in your head, calculate the sales tax on a ring and explain the process of doing so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Well-organized process with phone interview first round and several in-person interviews for the second round. In-person interviews were with the department manager, another senior team member, and a junior team member. Questions were mostly a mix of work history and behavioral questions with additional questions about Brilliant Earth and why I wanted to work there. Good opportunities to ask the interviewers questions as well to get a sense of the work environment. Received the offer about a week later after they were done with references and background check.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the resume questions and behavioral questions, there was a mental math question and an inventory logical reasoning question. There were additional follow up questions after I finished the logic question about alternative scenarios which were more challenging but felt like "extra credit"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and someone from HR reached out. We did a basic phone screen, and then they asked me to interview via Skype. I expected a one, maybe two hour Skype interview. It took three and a half hours. They had different people come in and ask me the same questions each time (very perfunctory, not interested in a holistic view of the candidate, seemed annoyed to be asking questions/interviewing me at all). They also had a portion where they tested my skills, which they didn't advertise ahead of time and which made it seem like they'd never read my resume. One of the people testing my skills was also very rude, treated me like I was stupid when I didn't know an answer while the other person tried to smile and encourage me. It felt very good cop/bad cop.

Interview Questions

• "Walk us through a system you've used before, operation by operation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was about 30 min and very similar to what other people said here, but I wasn't asked to calculate the total cost of a ring if given a % sales tax. I was given a 3 part exercise to calculate the # of cases needed. Next week, I went in for the in-person interview. I met Madison and Crystal in the showroom. They were very nice and friendly! Interviewed with 2 different people downstairs, each separately for about 45 min-1 hour. They're young and focused their questions on meeting deadlines and working with a team. The second interviewer did another 3 part inventory exercise with me and told me, at the end, that she will ask her manager to speak with me. However, after she returned, she said manager was in a meeting and will either reschedule or have her do a phone interview with me - she lied. I received no forward the next day. Even though my skills and experience match closely with their needs, I think they're taking their time slowly to find people they like. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal workplace? What would you do and how would you feel if one of your coworkers is slacking and affecting your work as a team? What would your previous coworkers say about you? Strengths/weaknesses? sudden/stressful problems that happened and how did you solve it? An operations system you used? Why this position and change in career industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was basic and clear-cut. A telephone interview was organized by HR a day after they'd received my resume. The interview itself was just a phone screen, in fact. I felt that it was rushed and not taken very seriously, almost as if the company were interviewing just for the sake of interviewing. The HR rep sounded inexperienced and lacking the maturity to conduct a thorough interview. She neglected to pose in-depth questions that would've given her insight into my ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about myself, my work history, and what "conflict free" meant to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on indeed.com. I was called a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview which lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to calculate yearly sales based on quarterly demand. Also asked to think through how many of a certain jewel they should stock and the different things to consider when making that decision.   Answer Question