Brilliant Earth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brilliant Earth Interview Questions

Interviews at Brilliant Earth

Customer Experience Agent Interview

Interview

Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and very professional but at the same time able to make you relax and easy to establish rapport with. The interview process can also be quite lengthy because you interview with a number of different individuals on the team, at different levels. I actually applied for two positions customer experience and on operations, so I did the process twice and then opted out of continuing after I heard from another opportunity.

Interview Questions

• They give you email customer prompts to write a sample response to.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening, then was invited for a zoom (online) interview where they ask you to take an assessment before. I submitted the assessment and then not even 30 minutes before the interview they canceled the zoom interview. Completely unprofessional in my mind, I have never had an experience like that before.

Online Product Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Applied Online. Pretty average interview. Started with an initial 30 minute phone call with HR, followed by a skills assessment and then another phone call with the current product marketing associate.

Interview Questions

• General Questions: Tell me about yourself, Why Brilliant Earth, Describe what Beyond Conflict Free means. Provide the final price (assuming 9.5% tax) on a $1500 ring. No paper, no calculator, describe thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (Denver, CO) in November 2019.

Interview

Thirty minutes to ask 12 questions - phone interview - standard interview questions - keep answers under 1 minute - ask about parking - interviewer brought up pay structure - no time off permitted November through December

Customer Experience Associate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Time consuming, disappointing and confusing. First there is a phone interview that is scheduled online and held at inconvenient hours of the day. I would say this step is easy to pass but then there is a video interview which is mostly repetitive. The only things that were different is that it’s a different person, they can see you from a distance and they show you there screen to show you how to book an appointment which monkey can do. This step could be done in the in person interview. The multiple step process is bizarre and nothing like I have ever experienced before. Then came the in person interview this was pleasant to see the location and meet the people I would actually work with. The last step was a refrence check done by some 23ish year old that’s out of state. Something went wrong with this part for me so I didn’t get hired. They say the offer is contingent on the references but they won’t tell you what was wrong with your references. They were really rude over the phone to me and I felt like I wasted my time and that this company isn’t really worth what they want to perceive themselves to be. Also if someone gave me a bad review the HR person wasn’t seasoned enough to discern all the information. The hiring decisions should be made by store managers and not by personnel out of state. I wonder why they always have a want ad out. No GIA trained sales people at this location not in line with other major jewelers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Lengthy repetitive interview process... It was a good interview practice but did not feel that it was the right fit even from the start... disappointed in the marketing department higher management.

Online Product Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted back for a phone interview with HR. I'm not sure if HR was just tired from interviewing all day, but she was clearly very uninterested in talking to me. She sounded unimpressed with my experience and replied with a uninterested "great" after I finished describing my skills and qualifications.

She made no effort to tell me about the company, and generally just seemed like she didn't want to talk to me. No idea why I was reached out for an interview if this is the tone they give.

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Basic Phone interview, then in person with 2 people. They wanted me to know so many diamond dimensions, I felt like I should have studied for a final exam when I really just studied for a standard interview. They did a sales call with me, and everything was great untill I had to know the precise geometry of each diamond.

Apparently my product knowledge didn't make the cut. If this is how knowledgeable they expect you to be for an interview, it's safe to assume that they have no plans to invest time into my training.

What is worse is that I am extremely qualified to work at a company like this. I have sold jewelry, had a successful direct sales business and have worked in jewelry eccomerce before in the same position I was applying. Every application to this company I have filled out since has felt like an automated no, so maybe my application is flagged? Not really sure if there is such thing as a candidate this perfect

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good candidate?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview - the speed of questions and answers was fast. I was left a little short with my questions. Sounded like the role required a lot of unpaid hours and getting time off didn't really exist in this role. I wasn't a match for this role.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

The recruiter was late to the interview, not a big deal but she didn't address it. She was clearly pretty inexperienced when it comes to interviewing, possibly new to the recruitment field. She wasn't very engaging and it was clear she wasn't listening to my answers (even asked the same question twice, and backtracked realizing that she had already asked it). Kind of a bummer because the position itself sounded interesting but it turned me off from the company as a whole. This is why high-level interviews should be conducted by hiring managers. Hopefully they find a great fit!