Brilliant Earth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brilliant Earth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2018

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted application, called for screen interview, called in for in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• A diamond was inventoried but is not in the safe. Where could it be?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the founders at the office, was a pretty typical process. Nothing too unexpected. They asked some questions, showed me around the office, described more of what the position would involve.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

25 minute interview, talking about myself, past experiences, my interest in the company's mission statement, two behavioral questions and one quick math question. It was a simple phone interview, though the interviewer seemed very disinterested from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email for an interview request over the phone.
    Phone interview was a 15 minute overview of myself and the job itself.
    After the phone interview I received another email asking if I can come in for an in person interview.
    During the interview they wanted to discuss my previous work and go through some exercises.
    This interview lasted about 2 hours as I was interviewed by multiple people in operations.
    After the interview I received one last email asking for a follow-up interview. In this interview we went through the different teams in operations and their duties. At the end they offered me the position of Operations Assistant. I declined as I was looking for a different position with more responsibilities.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for the interview.
    Video called with one employee the first week; basic get to know you and position type questions. It went really well and I got moved onto the next round. I was however asked about salary in this interview, which seemed weird. Luckily, I had done my research but they were offering well below the average.
    I then video called with two more employees the next week. Same type of deal but I was asked technical math, logic, and supply chain based problems this time. To expand here, they wanted me forecast sales, retrace steps for a lost diamond, and even do percentages without a calculator. I did well but I guess I didn't "hit it off" well enough for them.
    I got the bad news in an email the following week or so and with no feedback.

Total process lasted about 3/4 weeks.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and set up an interview with an HR person two weeks later. The phone interview went okay. They asked two technical questions that kind of threw me off guard, so prepare for that. It was also extremely hard to hear the HR person the entire interview because she had me on speaker and was in a noisy environment, which was quite off-putting. To be honest, I wish I would have looked on Glassdoor first because, like others have said, it seems they are interviewing people just for the sake of interviewing candidates. They seem to be extremely picky and even over-qualified candidates aren't selected for nit-picky reasons.

Interview Questions

• If an item was missing in an inventory check what steps would you take to locate it?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth in February 2017.

Interview

When I was interviewed, the position I applied for was already filled even though the application was still open at the time of my submission. I was told I would be interviewing for a sales position, something that caught me off guard but I tried to tailor my answers specifically to the sales related questions that were given to me. The interviewer was very kind and the interview was fairly doable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this role last year and I had some questions about how familiar I was with the process of processing incoming product and some scenarios. There were also some basic math questions. When I came in for the in-person interview, I was surprised and disappointed that the 3 people who interviewed me (one at a time) basically asked the same questions as each other and the phone screen, so I'm not sure if people had shared any details with each other after my phone screen or interview. They stressed it would be important that I'd be okay with a PTO blackout during November and December, because it's a busy time. I said I was fine with that. No offer, but after the interview I wasn't sure the company was a good fit so I was okay with that.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think would be the process for processing vintage jewelry, from the moment it arrives to us to how it gets onto the site.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Had multiple interviews with the current holder of the position as well as reporting manager, department director, and even the Co CEO/founder. Overall had 7 conversations over the course of 3 weeks (split between phone and Skype)

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

Phone interview- The HR employee called me and immediately began asking questions. The interview lasted 20 minutes, and wasn't tailored to me or my resume at all. It was as if she was reading a list of question, because some clearly didn't apply to me at all.

Interview Questions

• They ask typical interview questions. Most surprising to me was a tax question. They ask you to, in your head, calculate the sales tax on a ring and explain the process of doing so.   Answer Question