Brilliant Earth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brilliant Earth Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth.

Interview

I applied on Thursday through planted.com and got an email back the next day requesting a phone interview. She asked basic questions about my resume and background and immediately after the call emailed me to schedule an in person interview. I scheduled the interview for Sunday and it lasted about an hour where I was asked general resume questions and some situational questions about what to do if a customers ring didn’t make in time for an engagement and stuff like that.
    The interviewer let me know that the next step was to talk to a higher up manager over her. I received an email the following day requesting a second phone interview with the Showroom Coordinator Manager and I ended up being available the same day and he was too so I got a call from him that lasted 15 minutes where he just asked how comfortable I was with the operational side of the job. Call was very short and to the point!
    About 10 minutes after the call I received an email requesting 5 professional references as well as a background check.
    Which I immediately provided.
    I waited 3 days for an answer back, later in the day I received an email requesting a phone call with the hr person and gm for the store.
    On the call I received a job offer which I accepted and details were given for pay etc. Communication was great throughout the entire interview process. It did seem a little extensive but I believe that’s to be expected with a salaried position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer purchased a ring for a proposal but the ring is not going to be ready in time, what do you do?   Answer Question

Customer Experience/Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (West Hollywood, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was reached out to via email a few days after I applied. I had a phone interview within the next week. The woman I interviewed with invited me to do a second interview on the spot. I interviewed in person at the West Hollywood showroom. I ended up not getting an offer, but the reason I wanted to write this review is because I had a super positive experience. The two individuals that I interviewed with in person were awesome and I can tell they’re really great at what they do. Keep up the great work and thank you for the positive experience! In the end, I think my nerves got the best of me but that’s okay.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied on job posting on indeed and on website. a week later, received an email that they are not going to move on with my application. at least they had the decency to email back unlike some companies.

HR Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process included an in-depth application, an email, a phone interview, a video interview, and then an in person interview. The initial phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes where the recruiter spoke on the aspects of the position and my qualifications.

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview Process was fairly easy and typical. Phone call interview took place first and I was asked normal questions about my skills and experience along with questions about my interest in the company.

Online Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Asked standard and more difficult type questions. They do have quite a few "Aha gotcha! Questions as mentioned by others. Make sure you study the entire site including all the articles, blogs, etc. They will also ask the math question as mentioned below. Most questions were typical like where do you see yourself in 5 years, whats your worst flaws, etc etc. But there will be some about the company you will not know unless you do extensive research. The HR lady was perfectly nice. She keeps the interview very business sounding. No jokes, banter, etc. I feel that the questions are too difficult for the requirements they list out. The requirements sound pretty entry level, but it's obvious they are NOT looking for someone that is entry level. I think they need to be more clear about the level of experience they are looking for as this will save their time and interviewees' time.

If you REALLY want to work here. Make sure you study the site back and forth.

Also they will ask you for a salary requirement and she was VERY persistent about getting one. I feel the amount they want to pay is less than standard market rate because I listed something very reasonable for living in SF. Around 1/3 6 figures. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What's your two best attributes? Two worst? What would your coworkers say were the best 2 things about you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where are our sources? What salary do you want?   4 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke to a nice lady based in San Francisco. I couldn't hear her clearly. She mostly asked about my previous sales experience, my career plans, and availability. She seemed very impressed but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a background check?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within 12 hours requesting to schedule a phone interview. The interview took place 2 days later with a very soft-spoken young woman from HR and lasted about 20 minutes. Pretty basic interview with scenario-based questions and they were happy to answer any of my questions. However, I did notice that they weren't very familiar with my resume and appeared to be a little flustered when I reviewed my history and qualifications. After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted early the following week. I received an email on Monday saying that they did not think that I was a good fit for the position.

Customer Service - Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen to in-person with two managers. Good cop/Bad cop scenerio. Bad cop had a horrible poker face. Basically asked behavioral skills questions. I arrived on time and needed to wait for both managers to come and escort me into the showroom for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with “Tell us about yourself” Didn’t have a great deal of experience with STAR   1 Answer

Online Product Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back from recruiter within 2 days for a phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes- ran through resume, past work experience, analytical questions, and logistical questions. Past reviews are very on point. The questions are very similar to past reviews and the HR contact is not very enthusiastic about the interview.

Interview Questions

• The a ring costs $2,000 and has 9.5% sales tax, how much does it cost? Tell me how you get your answer.   2 Answers
    • Are you okay with a vacation blackout from 11/1 - 12/31?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Brilliant Earth to a friend?   Answer Question
    • What you greatest strength/ weakness?   Answer Question