British Heart Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was very brief. I applied online and was invited to come in to interview face-to-face (no telephone interview). For the interview I was asked to prepare a presentation discussing what I would plan to do if I got the role which was simple enough. In the interview itself I started with my presentation which was followed by some fairly standard interview questions. About a week after the interview I received an email notifying my that the role had gone to someone else. I requested feedback but they did not respond.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, e.g. "What is your experience working in this field?", "What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of the role?" etc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

- Asked me for availability, what I liked about retail. That's about it.
    - They don't really ask anything, they seriously need volunteers so if you go in and ask for a job you'll get one. No need to prep with an interview process.
    - Unless it's a paid position, in which case I can't help ya

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview with around 20 other people. We were asked several questions including what is your favourite colour and what it represents to you and why. I was also asked to come in the next day to the assessment center where we were given group exercises

Supporter Care Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Had one face to face interview with a manager a team leader. Pretty straight forward, no really difficult or strange questions. Questions about customer service and administration and your experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Asked me about my computer skills and what computer programs (excel, word, databases etc.) I've had experience with.   Answer Question

Innovation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad but Marketing Manager wasn't a pleasant guy. The rest of the team was fine.
    They should have informed people that the new person will build the innovation department when they haven't got one

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation in January 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview from Area Manager, who read from a list of questions.
    The atmosphere was easy going and friendly. I enjoyed the interview, and so did the interviewer. I felt relaxed and the questions were at a comfortable level. I was asked a lot about my experience, and how i can use that in the vacancy, the interviewer answered my questions promptly, and i left feeling positive.

Interview Questions

• Would you treat the paid staff and volunteers any differently?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

A 15 minute interview discussing previous retail experience. How I enjoyed working with the public and dealing with any difficult incident's How to handle working the till and banking plus cashing up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick the British Heart Foundation   1 Answer

Head of IT Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation in September 2015.

Interview

There were two interview stages - first with the CIO and CFO, then with the CIO and chief strategy officer
    The first interview was very relaxed and informal, then second less so, but both were done well.
    The second interview included a presentation, and then a set of 'tell me about a time when you' competency based questions. The presentation topic was related to what you would do to help them deliver their five year strategy, The competency based questions were fairly normal - influencing change, dealing with teams and dealing with a lot of conflicting priorities.

They seemed to know what they were doing, and had a very clear idea of the person they were looking for (sadly not quite me), which is refreshing in this sector where so often organisations have no idea what they need in IT project management.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with 70 projects   1 Answer

Communications/Brand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application including CV and cover letter. They provided a very thorough job description which was good to know exactly the role you are applying for (don't always get such detailed descriptions!) and this made the interview easier to approach. The interview was a positive experience - interviewers very friendly and welcoming. However, I felt it was very structured in which they asked very specific questions. For example there was no "Tell me about yourself" the questions were a lot more specific to the role and to the BHF itself - not very much chance to talk about yourself or your experiences which was surprising.

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, filled out an application form, explained why i want to work there, then they called me in for an interview. Interview was about 30 minutes and it was me being interviewed by the 2 dietitians who were lovely. The building was nice and I felt really welcomed. One of my best interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer