Brown Palace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown Palace

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Palace (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with Food and Beverage manager and Assistant were professional and fruitful. Much was discussed that provided detailed expectations of the position. I was then asked to perform mock situational vignettes which I felt was useful process. However, working with the HR department soured me on accepting the position. I felt with each interview I was starting over with them. Appointments were not held at the appointed time set by them. Slightly unprofessional. And, there was no starting date, timelines given. All were continually pushed off another week.

Interview Questions

Assistant Housekeeping Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Palace (Denver, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

This is a long process. Need to fill out application either online at home or online at the hotel. Requests for updates on your application argely go unanswered. when I did get an interview it was with the Hiring Manager. A second interview was with the Housekeeping Director Third was with the Rooms Director. Have never had such an intense interview process. Since this is an old hotel with a lot of history to live up to, their requirements about attire are very strict. If you're a woman, and you came into the interview wearing make up, you must always wear make up, heels and panty hose are required even if you are walking and on your feet all day.
    They do random drug testing and also test per-employment.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall all the questions but DO NOT mention that you may be a single parent or even that you have children (this goes for most jobs though) as being a salaried employee, they don't care. If your child is sick, too bad. If you're sick too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cut and dry. No negotiating.