Brown University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I received a phone call but no voice message. I checked my email and they invited me to come in for an interview. It was probably one of the most unprofessional interviews ive ever been to. One lady was on her laptop the entire time and I could tell that she wasn't listening. I assume she was typing up my answers or looking at my resume but whenever she looked up, i could tell she was lost. The other lady had a packet of questions. She was writing down my answers (sometimes) and would accidentally repeat a question to the ones she didnt write an answer to. In between each question, she would ask me if I had any questions so I felt like i was pressured to ask something. I was asked if I had questions at least 8-10 times (im not kidding). I was prepared for everything they asked me but THEY WERENT prepared which i think is also important.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Once I was recommended by a professor, it was a done deal. I did have to submit a Background Check, and some other paperwork. (Letter of recommendation, statement of intent, etc.) Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have? Where would you like to intern? What would you like to do?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

several stages then you have one advisor recommend you or not. mine took place in London, the interviewer was as international as I and had worked in both finance and also entertainment industries. Was happy with the interview and then accordingly chose between all the options I had and was considering at the time.

Interview Questions

• just about your extra curricular's and of course why brown   Answer Question

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied Online, a month later i was invited for doing a tech assignment( coding + data analysis). then i moved to second round a phone interview, talked to a group has asked a bunch data science related questions, then i was invited to a onsite interview, spent a day with group and gave a presentation to data science and BI group.

People there are nice and chill, not a streeful position, and dont require too much techniques, the pay is low, however the benefits are extremely awesome

Student Worker Interview

Interview

After reviewing the resume I submitted, I had an informal interview that was used to give me basic information and get my availability. At the end of the interview, I was given a tour of the building and was introduced to everyone that I would be working with in the future.

Resident Peer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I came in for an one-on-one interview that went well, they asked mainly behavioral questions. The regular process is a group interview and then an one-on-one interview with select candidates, but since the group interview was when I went abroad they accommodated me by allowing me to do an early one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Brown University in September 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable even though the questions were "out of the box" and unlike other interviews I have been on. The questions for the in-person interview were not necessarily about my experience, but you needed experience to answer the questions... so it was interesting. One thing that many other reviews prepared me for was to come with questions for the hiring manager. This hiring manager started the interview with "Do you have any questions for me?" Even though I was surprised at the change in format from a standard interview process, I was able to respond with well thought out questions that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing for the rest of your career?   Answer Question

Summer Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI).

Interview

Simple application that seemed like more qualifications were required than what I later discovered. Interview process was friendly and simple. I didn't receive any trick questions and it felt like my interviewer was doing her best to help me do well. It was a position that was mostly about sociability and responsibility, so there was no need to give an IQ test, and I appreciated that there was very little pressure.

Interview Questions

• What was a major professional/academic struggle you faced and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

Set up a couple of dates and times for the phone interview. Three people were on the call besides myself. After the introductions they said while they believed I was qualified for the position they wanted to make sure I knew what the maximum salary available for their position was. After I was informed of that, and was told that it was a non-negotiable number, I thanked them for their interest and time and the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy, consisted of a five person panel, one day interview, interview took about 1 hour approx., easy directions and location, major negative: took about 1 month to fully be hired.