Brown University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown University Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Once I completed my online application, I was contacted for a phone interview. The purpose of the interview was to establish my personable skills and familiarity with their programs.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

The interview was done through Zoom and I interviewed with a panel of three people. The technology was a little confusing to figure out and caused a few hiccups during the interview. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and was not particularly difficult. All the questions were pretty standard.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the PI of the lab about a week after submitting my application, and the entire interview process took a little over a month with three rounds of interviews. I talked to the PI, a current research assistant, and another researcher on the grant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past research experiences and why you want to continue in research   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview more elaborated on the duties of the job rather than evaluating the applicant. Only question that was asked was time availability. Students were brought in groups to tour the lab. The hiring manager hired individuals based on the application they submitted online.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I received a phone call but no voice message. I checked my email and they invited me to come in for an interview. It was probably one of the most unprofessional interviews ive ever been to. One lady was on her laptop the entire time and I could tell that she wasn't listening. I assume she was typing up my answers or looking at my resume but whenever she looked up, i could tell she was lost. The other lady had a packet of questions. She was writing down my answers (sometimes) and would accidentally repeat a question to the ones she didnt write an answer to. In between each question, she would ask me if I had any questions so I felt like i was pressured to ask something. I was asked if I had questions at least 8-10 times (im not kidding). I was prepared for everything they asked me but THEY WERENT prepared which i think is also important.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Once I was recommended by a professor, it was a done deal. I did have to submit a Background Check, and some other paperwork. (Letter of recommendation, statement of intent, etc.) Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have? Where would you like to intern? What would you like to do?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

several stages then you have one advisor recommend you or not. mine took place in London, the interviewer was as international as I and had worked in both finance and also entertainment industries. Was happy with the interview and then accordingly chose between all the options I had and was considering at the time.

Interview Questions

• just about your extra curricular's and of course why brown   Answer Question

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied Online, a month later i was invited for doing a tech assignment( coding + data analysis). then i moved to second round a phone interview, talked to a group has asked a bunch data science related questions, then i was invited to a onsite interview, spent a day with group and gave a presentation to data science and BI group.

People there are nice and chill, not a streeful position, and dont require too much techniques, the pay is low, however the benefits are extremely awesome

Student Worker Interview

Interview

After reviewing the resume I submitted, I had an informal interview that was used to give me basic information and get my availability. At the end of the interview, I was given a tour of the building and was introduced to everyone that I would be working with in the future.

Resident Peer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I came in for an one-on-one interview that went well, they asked mainly behavioral questions. The regular process is a group interview and then an one-on-one interview with select candidates, but since the group interview was when I went abroad they accommodated me by allowing me to do an early one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question