Brown University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2018

2.5

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview more elaborated on the duties of the job rather than evaluating the applicant. Only question that was asked was time availability. Students were brought in groups to tour the lab. The hiring manager hired individuals based on the application they submitted online.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Emailed resume to chair. Got a phone interview. Asked about research and teaching assistant experience.

Interview Questions

• What a specific research is about in terms of data collection   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Once I was recommended by a professor, it was a done deal. I did have to submit a Background Check, and some other paperwork. (Letter of recommendation, statement of intent, etc.) Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have? Where would you like to intern? What would you like to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied through my school and was accepted for an internship. They asked me a few questions about my background and studies. My future career factored into working here, as I am looking to work in the Archival / Cultural Institution industry. There was a short trial period to establish if I was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you desirable for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in March 2014.

Interview

It was an interview in the office with one of the directors. It was in person and one-on-one with the director of research. She was very kind and welcoming and asked many questions related to my resume and previous work experience. Additionally my education and relevant classes were also discussed. Many of the questions also related to leadership capabilities, times that I worked independently and research capability, as well as experience speaking with senior executives. Following the initial interview an offer of employment was made promptly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied on line and in less than 48 hours I had received a phone call from a very friendly individual. She explained the position to me and told me that the salary, due the position being a granted position, was less than I was currently making. Being that I was relocating to the area, I agreed to proceed with the process. We scheduled an interview for a Friday and agreed to do it over skype since I was still several states away. She told me that they wanted to fill the position very quickly. Friday arrived but Skype didn't work, so she and another woman called and we conducted the interview over the phone. It went well and I received positive feedback. I was the first of several interviews. They said they'd let me know in a week if I made it to the second round. Over a week passed, so I contacted them to see if a decision had been made. I had made it to the second round and needed to schedule an immediate skype interview with the professor running the grant. We had the skype interview which seemed rushed, after calling me 10 minutes late. He acted like he had much better things to do and did most of the talking. I didn't get a good feeling from him. They told me they'd make their final decision within the week. Again, over a week later, I contacted them and they told me they went with another individual who had more "higher education experience"

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University (East Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Fair. the interviewers were very nice and understanding. they asked questions but did not seem like an interview, more like a conversation. Brown is a very liberal school, it is interesting to learn about their admissions policies. With the new dean change, has seemed to prefer not many diverse candidates for an admissions counselor position. One undergraduate student from Brown of color and has worked with the admissions office was denied and took an admissions office position at columbia instead. New hires were White and had no qualifications.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown University (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred by an old colleague, then received a call from HR. I had a telephone interview, then an in person interview with the director. It was fairly easy, and straight forward.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2011.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I had ever experienced. I received a phone call a month after I had applied on-line. The 1st interview was a 30 min screening with HR and CIS. The questions were regarding my experience and background. After 3 weeks, a 2nd interview was on-site from 9-2 meeting with 3 groups of 2 managers at each interview, an hour break, and 1 hr lunch with some of the interviewers. Again, it was more experience questions- not hard. The 3rd interview came about 3 weeks later. I met 2 upper management at the same time. This one was less than an hour- this one was more situational. Mixed questions- experience and what if type of questions. About 3-4 weeks later came in to meet hiring manager again (very casual- she was telling me the great things at Brown) as well as a new panel of 3. Their questions were more situational. Unfortunately, after 4 interviews meeting 11 people, I didn't get the job (runner up). Everyone was very nice and it seems like a great place to work. My advice - keep positive, be patient with their process, and keep looking in between their interviews.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was minimal. I had a developed relationship with a professor, and he gave me the job when I asked him for it when he needed a TA for the next semester.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this position?   1 Answer