Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2018

2.8

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Fullerton, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Apply online, came in for a quick trend "rack test" and to speak with the store manager - overall was pleasant.. If you are not excited by fashion or have any hobbies that include reading fashion blogs or magazines, this is not the job for you.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to name current trends etc - really want to know about you and your style - they are sure to hire people who are truly passionate about retail and fashion   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (East Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying, and asked if I would be able to come in for an interview the same day. I said yes, arrived early, filled out a few forms, and then was asked a few questions. They also had me select a few items from a rack and say which ones I would accept if I were a buyer to test my skills, and then said I could come in for the next round of interviewing the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

called me after applying 2 months prior. asked for an interview. we had one initial interview on the sales floor and then returned later that day for a second interview in an office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I walked in, asked if they were hiring and filled out an application. I was immediately sat down with the manager after handing in the application, and she asked a few simple questions: Why i decided to apply, what could I bring to the store, and my availability. She scheduled me for an interview the following week. During the interview she asked me questions like, what fashion trends I follow, what my personal style is, etc. She then gave me a few clothing items that I would either buy or pass on, and explain why. After that I had to fill out a two personality sheets where on one I had to check what I saw myself as, and the other was what people want me to be.

Interview Questions

• Where are some stores you shop in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Informally went in to retail location to apply in person. Immediately met with the store manager on duty and later received a call to come in for the first round of interviews. This was followed by one more meeting with the regional manager, myself and another potential hire.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation you were in at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Really overly long interview process, multiple interviews, lots of personal questions about style. They make you pick out different clothes from the store and talk about them. Just really over the top, everyone i met was on a power trip and wanted to give you their own interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Tucson, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

They ask a lot about what current and past trends and if you shop. They are looking for people who love clothes/fashion and people. They talk a lot about the training process and self educating. The manager that interviewed me seemed really nice and interested in me as a candidate but they had two other interviews show up right after me so that was interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Overall was a very fast pace interviewing process - 3 interviews in total. The first one is where you meet with a manager and look at current clothing in the store- you have to tell the manager thing you would by and pass on for the store. Another interview looks at characteristics about you from your questions you answered. Overall the final interview was just discussing the job and hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What interest you about working for buffalo exchange?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Eugene, OR).

Interview

There were three interviews: phone call, in the store floor, with store manager. In the phone call interview, it was very relaxed. I was asked a couple questions such as: why do you want to work for Buffalo? Why do you think you're a good fit for the store? The second phase was they have you go to their store and have you pick out 3 items you would buy for them and 3 you would pass on. After, they gave me a questionnaire on attributes I think I have. The third phase was a formal interview with the store manager and assistant manager.

What I hadn't realized was how serious this company takes fashion. They expect you to learn it outside of work. Know the trends, dress accordingly, breathe/eat/absorb fashion and at the end of the day for me, I just needed a job.

Interview Questions

• According to the items you chose/passed, you had to explain why you made your decisions.   Answer Question
    • What trends do you see going on currently?   Answer Question
    • What were last year's trends?   Answer Question
    • Who are your fashion inspirations? Where do you draw your inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Super easy, was asked a lot of questions about my interest in fashion. They have you select 5 items you would take, and 5 that would be passes for the store. Really easy

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of style   1 Answer