Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Eugene, OR).

Interview

There were three interviews: phone call, in the store floor, with store manager. In the phone call interview, it was very relaxed. I was asked a couple questions such as: why do you want to work for Buffalo? Why do you think you're a good fit for the store? The second phase was they have you go to their store and have you pick out 3 items you would buy for them and 3 you would pass on. After, they gave me a questionnaire on attributes I think I have. The third phase was a formal interview with the store manager and assistant manager.

What I hadn't realized was how serious this company takes fashion. They expect you to learn it outside of work. Know the trends, dress accordingly, breathe/eat/absorb fashion and at the end of the day for me, I just needed a job.

Interview Questions

• According to the items you chose/passed, you had to explain why you made your decisions.   Answer Question
    • What trends do you see going on currently?   Answer Question
    • What were last year's trends?   Answer Question
    • Who are your fashion inspirations? Where do you draw your inspiration from?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Hollywood, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with regional manager one on one asking a series of behavioral scenario questions and doing a clothes buying test. She gave me a bag of clothes and I had to choose what I would buy and why or why not.

Interview Questions

• Name current trends in fashion. Name trends that you see staying in and ones that are going out of fashion.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Fill out application online or in store. Once called for an interview you have three face to face interviews to complete before being asked to join the team. First with a supervisor, assistant manager and then the general manager

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange.

Interview

You have 3 interviews. My mgr set up an interview literally when I came in to apply, which was nice. feels like everywhere in NY you have to wait like three months for them to call you back. The first one was about me. The second one was to pick some things on the floor. the third was to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go through a buy test to see what you would or wouldn't buy. Asked to pick a few things off the floor that you think are gonna sell quicky vs. what might sit for a while.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had 3 interviews with 3 different people, lots of detail in describing company history and culture, etc. They asked about fashion trends that I did and didn't like, fashion designers, past experience with the company

Interview Questions

• Would you buy or pass on an item, examples of good or bad cust. service,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Eugene, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I completed all 3 parts of the interview in one day. The store was very busy and the the first 2 parts of the interview were done in the middle of all the chaos. They seemed interested, but called the next day to say they would not be moving forward with the process. Definitely not my favorite interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 trends that are coming up this year, and 3 trends that were popular last year but aren't anymore.   Answer Question

Entry-level Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Astoria, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview happened over the course of 2 days and lasted 30-45 minutes each time. The interview took place in the middle of store, so it was a little awkward standing there with all the customers walking around. The first time, I was shown a selection of 5 clothing items and asked which I would buy and which I would reject and why. I took a personality quiz and was asked to return the next day.

When I returned the next day, I was asked to select 3 items from a dress rack that would sell quickly and 3 that wouldn't. The interviewer said that they would call me in a few days, but never did.

The location was pretty spacious and it seemed like the coworkers got along. However, this isn't a job for somebody who isn't okay being with their feet all day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some trends that are in this season and some that are out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person, a manager asked me a couple fashion questions then gave me a 2nd interview date. At the second interview I met with a different manager and she made me choose between items I think would sell quickly and not so quickly then she provided me with paper work to run my references, background etc. finally I was called for a THIRD interview where again I choose from clothes that sell fast and not fast then he said they would contact me within 72 hours. its been over a week and no call. I finally decided to call and a different manager said they decided not to move forward with my interview. No one called me, no one left me a voicemail advising me about their decision. Honestly I am glad I wasn't hired because the lack of organization and communication is awful. Dodged a bullet on that one.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Super easy, was asked a lot of questions about my interest in fashion. They have you select 5 items you would take, and 5 that would be passes for the store. Really easy

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of style   1 Answer

Buffalo Exchange Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied in person, scheduled me for an interview right then and there. Came in for it, she asked me to pick from a pre laid out rack what would sell and what wouldn't. Asked me a lot of questions, about fashion. Then took a personality test and handed to her. Called me four days later and said they had picked another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What three trends do you see this year?   1 Answer