Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I walked in, asked if they were hiring and filled out an application. I was immediately sat down with the manager after handing in the application, and she asked a few simple questions: Why i decided to apply, what could I bring to the store, and my availability. She scheduled me for an interview the following week. During the interview she asked me questions like, what fashion trends I follow, what my personal style is, etc. She then gave me a few clothing items that I would either buy or pass on, and explain why. After that I had to fill out a two personality sheets where on one I had to check what I saw myself as, and the other was what people want me to be.

Interview Questions

• Where are some stores you shop in?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

You complete a two sided application and after you complete it, they ask you a series of questions like your favorite clothing brands, etc. I feel like it just depends. You don't attach your resume because you put all your job history on the application. They don't accept seasonal applicants, and it really sucks because if you're back in town for the summer from university, you're unable to work here, which is why they didn't hire me officially. Yet I feel like they would've if I wasn't a temporary worker.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

called me after applying 2 months prior. asked for an interview. we had one initial interview on the sales floor and then returned later that day for a second interview in an office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Eugene, OR).

Interview

There were three interviews: phone call, in the store floor, with store manager. In the phone call interview, it was very relaxed. I was asked a couple questions such as: why do you want to work for Buffalo? Why do you think you're a good fit for the store? The second phase was they have you go to their store and have you pick out 3 items you would buy for them and 3 you would pass on. After, they gave me a questionnaire on attributes I think I have. The third phase was a formal interview with the store manager and assistant manager.

What I hadn't realized was how serious this company takes fashion. They expect you to learn it outside of work. Know the trends, dress accordingly, breathe/eat/absorb fashion and at the end of the day for me, I just needed a job.

Interview Questions

• According to the items you chose/passed, you had to explain why you made your decisions.   Answer Question
    • What trends do you see going on currently?   Answer Question
    • What were last year's trends?   Answer Question
    • Who are your fashion inspirations? Where do you draw your inspiration from?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Hollywood, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with regional manager one on one asking a series of behavioral scenario questions and doing a clothes buying test. She gave me a bag of clothes and I had to choose what I would buy and why or why not.

Interview Questions

• Name current trends in fashion. Name trends that you see staying in and ones that are going out of fashion.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Fill out application online or in store. Once called for an interview you have three face to face interviews to complete before being asked to join the team. First with a supervisor, assistant manager and then the general manager

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange.

Interview

You have 3 interviews. My mgr set up an interview literally when I came in to apply, which was nice. feels like everywhere in NY you have to wait like three months for them to call you back. The first one was about me. The second one was to pick some things on the floor. the third was to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go through a buy test to see what you would or wouldn't buy. Asked to pick a few things off the floor that you think are gonna sell quicky vs. what might sit for a while.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had 3 interviews with 3 different people, lots of detail in describing company history and culture, etc. They asked about fashion trends that I did and didn't like, fashion designers, past experience with the company

Interview Questions

• Would you buy or pass on an item, examples of good or bad cust. service,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Eugene, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I completed all 3 parts of the interview in one day. The store was very busy and the the first 2 parts of the interview were done in the middle of all the chaos. They seemed interested, but called the next day to say they would not be moving forward with the process. Definitely not my favorite interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 trends that are coming up this year, and 3 trends that were popular last year but aren't anymore.   Answer Question

Entry-level Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Astoria, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview happened over the course of 2 days and lasted 30-45 minutes each time. The interview took place in the middle of store, so it was a little awkward standing there with all the customers walking around. The first time, I was shown a selection of 5 clothing items and asked which I would buy and which I would reject and why. I took a personality quiz and was asked to return the next day.

When I returned the next day, I was asked to select 3 items from a dress rack that would sell quickly and 3 that wouldn't. The interviewer said that they would call me in a few days, but never did.

The location was pretty spacious and it seemed like the coworkers got along. However, this isn't a job for somebody who isn't okay being with their feet all day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some trends that are in this season and some that are out?   Answer Question