Buffalo Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Fullerton, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Apply online, came in for a quick trend "rack test" and to speak with the store manager - overall was pleasant.. If you are not excited by fashion or have any hobbies that include reading fashion blogs or magazines, this is not the job for you.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to name current trends etc - really want to know about you and your style - they are sure to hire people who are truly passionate about retail and fashion   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (East Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying, and asked if I would be able to come in for an interview the same day. I said yes, arrived early, filled out a few forms, and then was asked a few questions. They also had me select a few items from a rack and say which ones I would accept if I were a buyer to test my skills, and then said I could come in for the next round of interviewing the next day.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was actually offered the job while I was selling my clothes at this location. I had a pleasant conversation with the buyer, who turned out to be the Assistant manager. She was impressed with my personable attributes and the fact that she took in 80% of my inventory. She immediately handed me a application and within a week, I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They had me do an exercise where I had to select clothes for inventory from a pile and explain why I would and would not purchase that item for the store.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange.

Interview

On my first interview, a hiring manager asked me a few questions about my experience, personal interests, my personal style, and where I like to shop. I was then given a few articles of clothing that a manager picked out from the sales floor and asked to determine whether or not I would personally select that item for the shop, and why. On my second interview, I was asked to select my own items of clothing from the sales floor -- some that I would select at the buy counter, and some that I would pass on, and then I explained my selections to the manager.

Buyer Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I went into the interview, they made me walk around the store and pick out three things in style and three things not in style as well as go through a rack of clothing and explain why I would or would not buy it into the store.

Interview Questions

• What are five of your favorite current trends happening right now? What are a few you would like to see go away   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

called me after applying 2 months prior. asked for an interview. we had one initial interview on the sales floor and then returned later that day for a second interview in an office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I walked in, asked if they were hiring and filled out an application. I was immediately sat down with the manager after handing in the application, and she asked a few simple questions: Why i decided to apply, what could I bring to the store, and my availability. She scheduled me for an interview the following week. During the interview she asked me questions like, what fashion trends I follow, what my personal style is, etc. She then gave me a few clothing items that I would either buy or pass on, and explain why. After that I had to fill out a two personality sheets where on one I had to check what I saw myself as, and the other was what people want me to be.

Interview Questions

• Where are some stores you shop in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Informally went in to retail location to apply in person. Immediately met with the store manager on duty and later received a call to come in for the first round of interviews. This was followed by one more meeting with the regional manager, myself and another potential hire.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation you were in at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Really overly long interview process, multiple interviews, lots of personal questions about style. They make you pick out different clothes from the store and talk about them. Just really over the top, everyone i met was on a power trip and wanted to give you their own interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Tucson, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

They ask a lot about what current and past trends and if you shop. They are looking for people who love clothes/fashion and people. They talk a lot about the training process and self educating. The manager that interviewed me seemed really nice and interested in me as a candidate but they had two other interviews show up right after me so that was interesting.