Build.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Live Chat Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They have a 3 step Interview process, an Assessment Test and a Typing Test. If you're motivated and determined, you'll do great. It's a welcoming and accepting atmosphere, so leave the worries at home.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition from your current/previous job to Build?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with a typing test with your application, phone interview, excel document with product knowledge and website navigation, panel interview, and final interview with the department stakeholder.

Overall friendly and good experience, they were honest about their concerns and questions to see if you were a good choice.

Then you have to sign an agreement when they offer you a position and then pass a drug test. Start date was a few months later.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to balance a hectic work life and going to school full time?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There can be multiple rounds of interviews, following the application process. At least one with hiring manager, and one with a director+ level person. HR recruiter is always present as well.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviews with functional staff, senior staff, and management. Pretty standard process. They want to make sure you understand the company, the environment, the type of work, and make sure you fit with the culture. There is no micromanagement, you have to be ok with working on your own to return what you need.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for an environment this fast paced?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA).

Interview

Started off with a very easy phone interview followed by an in person interview at Build.com in Chico about 3 weeks later. Pretty straight forward conversation-like interview. Recruiter said she'd get back to us by the end of the week but never followed up.

Product Data Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Although I did not get really far into the interview process, I felt like they expect a certain answer for each of their questions. I was referred by a few friends that work for Build.com and said that their interview process was rather easy. Which it was. There was not much to do except for completing their assessment.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what website is consider to be weak in advertisement?   1 Answer

Vendor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First step is the online application. Second comes an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is the first of three interviews. The second interview is at Build and will include shadowing an employee in the position you are applying for. The third and final interview is with your team supervisor and two executives.

Interview Questions

• I was asked pertinent questions about my skills which pertained to the position I was applying for.   1 Answer

Freight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA).

Interview

The HR phone interview went great. That was the first interview. The second interview was with the same Hr rep, the manager of the freight dept, and the CFO. Upon arriving for interview #2, the HR rep gave me a tour of the company before the main interview. Then we walked into a small conference room with the other managers and before I even sat down the CFO was already complaining that we were late. The hr rep told him she gave me the standard tour, and he still grumpily complained. For the rest of the interview, the CFO dominated the questions and conversation, acting cold and intimidating and unfriendly. This position did not report to the CFO, but to the freight manager, and the freight manager reported to the CFO. It would've been nice to save the rude CFO man for the third interview, instead of the main second one. I don't even think I heard the freight manager talk either, not smile. The whole interview was really weird and awkward. I wasn't prepared for such an intense interview and I don't do well with intimidating and rude people. I'm glad I didn't get the job offer. I would not want to be around the CFO on a regular basis.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Casual interview with multiple supervisors and managers. Looking for someone who is driven in sales and will close sales. They love to see sales in your resume but typically work with those with different backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about prior sales experience. Also would ask why you would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Category Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build.com (Chico, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Great interview process with executives in both first and second interviews. Very job/task specific questions while giving room for us to show what else we can bring to the table. Very comfortable situation.

Interview Questions

• What drives you when you come to work every day?   1 Answer