Bullhorn Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Bullhorn

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 158 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States)

Interview

Phone call with someone from hr, then a pre-recorded video interview (did not know questions in advance) with mostly behavioral questions, followed by live video interviews with various team members. There was no in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What kind of experience do you have?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States)

Interview

After submitting my resume for this position a link to an online test was sent to me. The test is timed and you will be able to take it anytime you prefer. After finishing the test I got a following up email to schedule a phone interview. HR called me directly by phone, no zoom or teams conference link.

Interview Questions
  • When HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview they indicated that they already have a few finalists. The call was pretty casual.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Burlington, MA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied and received an email the next day for an interview. Had an interview a week later based on my schedule. I received an email prior to the interview to complete a multiple choice assessment for behavioral and math questions. Went through interview with talent rep was told I passed the test I took online and I’d receive a follow up email. Was then told a few days later they were going to hire other applicants instead.

Interview Questions
Bullhorn
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States)

Interview

You will take a timed assessment test with questions that are reminiscent of non-difficult SAT questions. Make sure not to spend too much time on each question. The in-person interviews were not too bad. Overall the interview process is better than most these days.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you failed and the lessons from that?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States)

Interview

Very professional and organized. Each interviewer was respectful and lead the interview as more of a conversation rather than a classic interview. The process was rapid and the person I was in touch with regularly sent emails with updates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Milwaukee, WI) in Nov 2020

Interview

This interview process is very stringent and has 4 rounds of interviews you need to go through. I went through an assessment phase that has you answer questions about math and reading/writing skills, logic. Then you have to take a personality test. Then you do a one-way video interview answering around 6 questions. Then you do an interview with the lead product designer. Then you do another 1 1/2 hour interview with 3 rounds in one and 4 people on the team. I completed the personality assessment twice because the first time it showed irregularities. In total I spent 4 hours of time on this interview process, not including the time I prepped for it. On the interview with the lead product designer, it went extremely well and he said to me "when can you start". The next interview I was told that I wasn't passionate enough about Bullhorn specifically and I wasn't specific enough in some of my answers to questions in the 3 round team interview. Very confusing and rollercoaster ride of emotions throughout the process and I would not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of tell me about a time this happened questions. What do you think makes a product innovative? Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss. Tell me about a time where you had to influence your boss into making changes to a design (paraphrasing this one). What is your favorite project you've worked on and why? Lots of other questions I don't remember off the top of my head
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

Bullhorn started with an aptitude and personality test, then moved me on to a 30 minute phone screen. The person I phone screened with said they'd like to move me on to the technical interview and their rep would get back to me in the next day. They did not get back to me the next day, which was Friday, but early the next week, when I was then told that the position was filled. Sadly this miscommunication wasn't the only one from them in this process, it was a trend. Their talent acquisition rep who was my point of contact for the process, was often slow to respond to me, made the position sound like they weren't looking to fill it immediately, scheduled the interview outside of my availability, and was clearly unable to keep everyone on the same page. They were one of the least professional point of contact I've had interviewing for a company, and this experience has made me lose interest in working with the company entirely.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my experience with various technologies, like databases, objected oriented programming, and cloud experience.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (New York, NY)

Interview

So disappointed to receive a generic email asking me to complete a 50+ question behavioral assessment. Not worth the time or effort. This company clearly doesn't understand the biases associated with these assessments. I highly doubt they're committed to D&I because this wouldn't be used. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that most of the applicants are white from upper middle class backgrounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Hartford, CT) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied to the Job through website and sent resume. Was sent a bogus 30 minute assessment that had nothing to do with position, never received information regarding a over a position I’m overqualified for. That assessment felt like those tests I took back at a grocery store job . Unprofessional

Interview Questions
  • Random shape puzzles questions that had nothing to do with With position . As well as dumb questions like “ do you have a lot of friends?”
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (United States)

Interview

The personality and IQ assessments that Bullhorn requires as a condition of interviewing are problematic.  The IQ test is timed - non-native English speakers, people with mobility/vision issues, people with dyslexia/dyscalculia, people who are prone to anxiety, and people who were not raised in a Western-style testing environment (whether due to age or geography) may struggle.  Next, applicants are given a personality assessment. You're required to reveal personal information to a potential future employer. And then Bullhorn (and probably other companies) own that information - you will not know how they use it, who has access to it, where they store it, or how long they keep it.  Aside from the ethical issues of the test itself, the assessment lacks external validity. Since the test is administered by a private, money-making company, they don't stand to profit from exposing their measurements and inviting the research community to 'stress test' them - to see if the questions asked actually do a good job of measuring what they intend to measure. I bring this up because management should be aware of the concept of social-desirability bias - while taking this test, I may not feel compelled to answer truthfully, but rather in a way that I think will make me seem more employable. For example, when asked if I tend to make friends easily, I would probably say that I find it very easy to make friends to make myself appear like a good employee (even if it is actually very difficult for me to make friends). The testing company you use may claim that there are 'checks' in place to catch duplicity, but if the test taker answers questions consistently, those can be easily evaded. To be fair, I don't think that Bullhorn intends to administer biased assessments. These types of assessments are popular and used by many companies. They seem like an easy fix to a difficult problem - making sure the people you hire are smart and will make good employees. However, part of the current social movement requires that we hold a mirror to our own beliefs and practices and understand the ways in which our actions promote environments of racism and discrimination - even if that's not our intention. To this end, I hope Bullhorn reconsiders this practice.

Interview Questions
  • The IQ assessment is the CCAT administered by Criteria Corp.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 158