Bullhorn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bullhorn Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.9

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly to do a online skills test. Then around 4 to 5 days later there was an phone interview. A week after I was notified that I was not selected for the position.

During the phone interview I was told I was being interviewed for Entry-Level Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer position. Which I then notified the Interviewer that I applied for Entry Level Software Engineer position and he said it was fine and the Interview went on as normal. Wasn't anything too hard, but it was my first professional interview being fresh out of University and I don't think I did enough homework. I did searches afterward and there where references to similar questions and how to answer them effectively and I kinda dropped the ball. I take that as a learned lesson for future endeavors.

Overall, what turned me off to the Company was how during the process I just felt like another number. Not knowing what position I applied for, not giving simple feedback, just going through the motions. I understand some interviewee's can be hard to deal with and a lot of the generic responses we get are to protect the company from lawsuits. I don't think it wouldn't hurt to tell failed candidates how they can improve on future interviews if they ask.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Candidates should never feel like a number, and I'm so sorry that this is the impression you were left with. We do consider entry-level Engineering candidates for both QA and software engineering (we ... More

Entry Level QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Bullhorn was extremely easy going and probably one of most relaxing I've ever had. Before the onsite interview they sent me an email detailing exactly what to prepare for. This covered everything from the 15 minute assessment test to general interviewing tips. They even included a list of everyone that I was meeting with, which allowed me to prepare questions beforehand.

The interview itself consisted of questions about my background in QA as well as a few situational questions. Everyone I met with was unbelievably nice, which made the whole process a lot less stressful. Overall I had a great experience and would like to thank the Bullhorn staff for making my interview so pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Questions about testing a simple web page with a database   Answer Question

Entry Level Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately invited to take a personality and math test which was strange. When I was back in high school I remember retailers and fast food joints requiring these types of tests so I'm immediately thinking something is up with this company. I guess I passed the assessments because I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone screening was about 15 minutes. HR didn't really have any information about the actual job so he mostly just talked about the company and the culture. I really liked that he was upfront about the absurdly low salary (he told me forties). I'm doing a bit of a career shift so I was willing to accept the low salary since presumably I would be able to learn in this entry-level role.

After this conversation I was passed on to the hiring manager I think (again, HR didn't have a good understanding of the structure of the team so he had no idea if the role would be reporting to this person). This conversation was interesting. It seems like they want candidates for these "entry-level" roles to have a lot more experience than the job ad specifies because he sounded audibly disappointed when I told him about my background (which was also on my resume!). At one point the manager even said he didn't feel a need to discuss the role any further, which I implied to mean that I wouldn't be moving forward. He asked about my experience, things I like and dislike about current/previous jobs, and asked me to rate myself as an employee.

About 5 days after this phone interview I received a rejection email from HR. It amazes me that they're able to attract experienced people for the below market level wages they offer.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Nov 27, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

You have already heard from Brendan by now, as he reached out to all of our QA and Data candidates again right after your post. (You had originally posted this review as QA, but I see now that you ... More

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about three weeks. I started with timed online logic tasks, which were not too difficult but required quick thinking.

After that, I had a phone screening with a company recruiter, Brendan Orf, who appeared to be very helpful and professional. About a week after that I had a phone interview with QA supervisor, who asked me a couple of technical questions and invited me for a face-to-face interview.

Face-to-face interview consisted of technical interview with QA supervisor and QA team member. Later on, I spoke to three members of a higher management through Skype, who mostly asked specific behavioral questions. The whole interview was very smooth and pleasant, not hard for me at all.

I received an offer in less than a week, which was followed by background check.

This was the sixth company I was interviewed at and a third offer I received during one week. I have to say that Brendan's straightforwardness and honesty throughout the process was a selling point to me. He was not trying to play any games like other companies, especially during the salary negotiation. To be more accurate, there was no negotiation at all, as I was offered the higher range of the amount I was asking for (other companies started with the lowest trying to convince me to accept it and then raise stakes, once I mentioned other offers).

I had a higher offer from a different company which I later declined, as Bullhorn staff members made me feel a part of the family right away.

Highly recommend Brendan Orf as a recruiter!

Interview Questions

• How different is testing of the web application on the mobile phone and desktop PC?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone call then an in person interview. The in person interview has two parts. I met with who would be my immediate manager, then I met with the managing director of the whole operations team. There is a diagnostic test.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Oct 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review, and I'm glad it was a positive experience!

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR staff at Bullhorn is top notch. The interview process was all in all fairly quick, enjoyable, but extensive.

- 30 minute personality and aptitude assessment
     - 15 minute phone screen with someone from HR to discuss qualifications
     - 15 minute phone screen with Sales Operations Manager
     - 3 hour interview on-site with 4 different individuals that began with the 15 minute aptitude test

It was a pleasure working with the HR department as they are extremely courteous and timely in their responses. I must say however, that once I got the initial news that I had been offered the position, the urgency to move the process along was not as quick as it was in the beginning - 3 weeks is timely, but nonetheless, something to consider!

Interview Questions

• What would be the 5 core characteristics of a company that you own?   Answer Question
    • Why Bullhorn?   Answer Question
    • Based on the questions that I've asked, do you think I've missed anything that you would like to share?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. After taking an assessment test, a call with the recruiter, a call with the hiring manager, an in-person assessment test, and a few hours spent interviewing on site, I didn't hear anything back for a month afterwards. I still haven't heard anything. The recruiter was bad at returning my emails in a timely manner anyway, but a month with no word after I took time off from my current job to interview? Completely disrespectful of my time.

Not to mention, there were a couple of red flags going into the interview. I would have missed them if I was new to the working word, but the way the interview and application process was handled was a bit unusual. The position I interviewed for was new, but of the three people I interviewed with, all of them had a very different idea of what the role would be used for. That in itself shows they weren't prepared. The hiring manager I interviewed with was great, but one of the other people was so rude and presumptuous. They were 15 minutes late, told me they didn't read my resume, interrupted my answers. kept referring to me as an assistant (it was a PM job, not an entry level assistant role!), and kept asking for my current manager's name so they could call them for a reference, even after I said I was currently employed and would prefer my current manager not be contacted since they didn't know I was job searching. Even though this person wouldn't have been my hiring manager, I found them so off-putting that I knew I wouldn't have wanted to work with them anyway.

Ultimately, the company was interesting when I applied and it was somewhere I thought would be a great fit, but based on my interview experience, the way the recruiter handled (or didn't handle) everything, and the way salary + benefits was glossed over entirely during the recruiting conversations, I don't think it would have been a good fit. They clearly had no idea what they were looking for and not reaching out to me after a month, even if only to tell me I didn't get the role was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What project management tools do you use?
      What is your tech background?
      What do you do in your current role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a request to take a personality test and assessment. After that I was asked to phone interview with HR which lasted less than 10 minutes. HR then asked me to take the assessment again and to "just guess" on every question if I am running out of time. I did that and then I was told that they picked another candidate.

I guess they value hiring robotic test takers more than good people.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

May 18, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry that your interview experience was a negative one. Our assessment is an important part of our process, but certainly not the only factor in our decision making. It sounds like the ... More

Enterprise Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Same as everyone else. I was contacted by one of their talent acquisitions that said i'd be perfect for the role. Had a phone interview the next day; I completed my two aptitude tests, followed by face to face interview.
    Only difference is I showed up for my interview and was stopped by security because my name "wasn't on the list"
    There was no number to call, no front desk number online either so I was stuck.
    Ended up getting let up by a random Bullhron employee who I had to ask to let me up.
    I got upstairs and they rushed over and apologized as they hadn't "realized their mistake"
    Anyway, I met with three gentlemen for a total of two hours, after it had completed I was told I would be contacted within a couple of days with a decision.

I received no Phone call, no email, no follow-up of any kind.
    And after a few days I figured I'd reach out an there was no response.

Worst experience ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical background
      Alot about what i did in my previous job
      where i saw myself in the future
      Answer Question

Jul 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I'm so sorry about this experience. The Recruiter you were working with is no longer with Bullhorn, and I'm afraid you interviewed during that transition time- accounting for the missteps and lack of ... More

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bullhorn in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an automated email two days later for the online assessment. Completed the assessment a few days later and then received an email that they moved forward with other candidates. Not sure where I went wrong.

Online assessment was 2 portions: math. You are timed (math was 50 q's in 15 min), you can't skip questions and can't go back. I got through 35 of 50 on the math and am pretty sure I was accurate.
    Math q's, i.e. identifying patterns when given a sequence of shapes, percentages, basic math on large numbers, etc.
    Personality q's, i.e. Do you get irritated easily? Do you regret decisions? etc. (respond scale of 1 seldom to 5 frequent)

Either my math was off or my personality came off wrong. I did choose majority 1 or 5 responses, not too many 3's. Kind of unfair to not have a phone call with the recruiter and be judged only off of a brief assessment.