Bullhorn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bullhorn Interview Questions

Interviews at Bullhorn

2.9

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bullhorn in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted within a week of applying and sent instructions to complete the online aptitude test. Once that was done, he scheduled a phone interview. The call dropped off multiple times within few min. I suggested he call from his landline and that seemed to help. But he sounded quite upset about the phone issue. His tone changed and didn't even give any details about the position, expectations for the job, etc. He was asking questions as if crossing off items from his checklist. Didn't even bother to ask if I had any questions at the end of the call. Very unprofessional and rude behavior. I didn't expect to hear back from them nor was interested in the position anymore.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi there! I'm wondering if you have the wrong company, as we were not recruiting for a Dev Manager in February. Please email me at s.greenwell@bullhorn.com so I can figure out where the disconnect is.... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Laid back and easy. Everything seem to be going my way but the manager asked about my on boarding experience. Because my current company hasn't hired in quite some time, that prevented me from moving on in the process. He felt that my hiring experience was a little thin. However, this was a company that I thought I could do very well in with my combined Architecture and Development skills.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

May 6, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Because of our extensive entry-level hiring model, onboarding skills are a critical piece of leadership responsibilities here at Bullhorn. I'm happy it was a positive experience, otherwise!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

They have you take two on-line tests before any interview process starts. Then there is a phone interview with an HR rep. The HR rep said they were passing the interview on to the hiring VP and they would set up an in person interview. They later emailed back that they were not going to do the in person. They left an impression that the hurdle had been passed when in reality it had not. Did get any feedback on why it did not move forward even after asking. Not sure there was an issue from the interview that I didn't hit or if the hiring VP saw something they did not like. It is always nice to get the feedback on what they were looking for or what points you didn't hit.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing this feedback. At times, business needs can change that redefine what is needed in a certain position, and that may be the case here. It sounds like there was a lot of... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

Only had 2 email exchanges with hr. They initially reached out saying this job pays 40k a year and if I would still be interested even though the desired salary I put in the application was significantly higher than that. I don't think many quality engineers with experience are going to take that offer considering the average fresh out of school engineers start making more than that.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Dec 16, 2014 – Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback it is important to us. We take all feedback seriously. We are sorry that you had a negative experience.

Bullhorn offers a number of entry level roles as well as roles... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn in March 2014.

Interview

I sent an email asking about the position. They replied a day or two later with a link to a personality test (15 minutes) and an assessment test (15 minute limit, 50 questions; basically an IQ test).

I got another reply the next day, asking for a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview, we scheduled another phone interview with IT.

I got an email a few days later saying they had several more experienced candidates. It was a pretty straight-forward interview process, altogether. Nothing too tricky.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a very straight forward process. They ask that you to complete a personality test and an online assessment. Both were easy to complete. Received a call back to perform a similar test. Then was asked to do a technical test where answers were recorded to be reviewed. I have yet to receive a reply from Bullhorn.

Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a linked list and an array?   3 Answers

Aug 17, 2015

I'm glad it's been a good experience! The recorded technical interview is a newer piece of our process, and I'd welcome any feedback on that. Hopefully you have heard back from us by now; please... More

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening by internal recruiter after submitting on-line test. 30 minute phone interview with director. In person interview with director and person on the team following a retaking of the test in person. Interview was mainly behavioural questions, however the position did not require experience. Received a verbal offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Oct 5, 2015

While we're sad that we weren't able to bring you on board here at Bullhorn, I'm happy to hear that your experience was a positive one!

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

Essentially you apply and then they get ahold of you and send a link to a test to see how smart you are. It is pretty much asking about patterns and such. Afterwords if you get a high enough score they bring you in to take the test in front of them. For me after that I had a phone interview with my future boss since our department is small and he was in Boston for the week.

Interview Questions

• Test was pretty much showing designs and asking what sequences should come next   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered and there was no negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview process started with an assessment test taken at home and then followed up by a phone interview and then an in person assessment test taken at the office and an interview at the office followed by a tour of the office and an offer the next day

Interview Questions

• How will you fit in with this culture?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

The entire process was very quick- about 5 or so days from when I applied online to when I was offered the job. I applied on a weekend, and was sent a link to a test online. I took the test at night after work on Monday, and got an email and a brief call with HR on Tuesday around noon. At the end of the call they asked if I could come in on Wednesday for an in person interview with the manager. I went in, took half of the test again and spoke with the hiring manager. I left before noon and before dinner I had the call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something you regret doing or not doing in your professional or academic career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was "Is $X okay?"
    "Yes!" (It was higher than I was expecting for an internship)

Dec 22, 2014 – Director, Talent Acquistion

Welcome to Bullhorn! We are glad to have you as a member of the team. Stop by to say hello.

Tim Halloran, Director of Talent Acquisition