C Space Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C Space Interview Questions

Interviews at C Space

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C Space in October 2018.

Interview

C Space truly made the interview process enjoyable - they've clearly applied their background in optimizing CX to the hiring process. A recruiter reached out to schedule a phone screening reviewing my resume and we quickly scheduled a follow-up video call with a director. The final round was on-site and consisted of three interviews with prospective co-workers + meal afterwards. Every interview was more like a conversation and C Space did a great job of making me feel comfortable and welcome. Most questions related to cultural fit, drive to be part of a collaborative and growing company, and passion for CX. They later checked references and had me complete a 30-min writing task. I received an offer promptly thereafter.

Overall, I really don't have many critiques of the hiring process. I didn't meet a single person who didn't appear to be passionate about their work. C Space is clearly looking for people they can work well with and can contribute positively more so than having a ton of technical background/CX experience.

However, the job description stated "2+ years of intern or professional experience," which I think might make other applicants believe this isn't an entry-level role. Perhaps it could be a little more rigorous without becoming stressful, and there could be more information on their site about life at C Space/different teams. Also, given how casual the dress code is, interviewees could be asked to dress business casual. C Space rebranded a few years ago from being purely market research as Communispace, so it was a little hard to understand what industry they were in (still market research? CX research? brand strategy? consulting?) so as to tailor my approach to asking questions and preparing for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Could you give a rundown of your resume? Why C Space? Questions about my values, ideal company culture, past experiences, even personal interests.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I'm thrilled you found it to be such an enjoyable interview process and I'm equally thrilled that you've decided to join C Space! Also, great reminder to... More

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Watertown, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

I recently applied for a Community Manager position at Communispace. The process was demanding but thorough. It also gives you a clear idea about the company’s expectations and the kind of work you’ll be doing.

In my case, I had to go through three rounds. The first was a set of three half-hour interviews. The second involved a take-home test (a content analysis). And the third was a live presentation on a business topic.

We’ve all been told we are under-qualified or “don’t have enough experience” for a job when, in reality, we know we could do it quite well. This decision is usually—and somewhat arbitrarily—based on the dates of employment on a resume. Communispace, though, makes prospective employees do the job before actually getting hired.

It’s a tough process, but it’s truly best for everyone. You get a fair chance to prove yourself, and the company can base its choice on valid criteria.

If it weren’t for the content analysis or the presentation, I honestly don’t think I would have been hired. Sure, I have marketing experience, but my resume doesn’t scream consumer insight. But I was offered the chance to prove that my aptitudes make up for my experience.

Interview questions were definitely fair. They don’t try to trick you or throw you off—they just want to see how you think and solve problems. I was never asked, “Try to sell this pen to me.” That’s just awkward and generally unnecessary.

Apparently, a lot of prospects drop out when they hear about steps two and three. This weeds out the people who aren’t willing to go above and beyond.

Last but not least, HR is always in touch with you. They aren’t cryptic about the process. When I got the results for my test, they gave me constructive feedback. I then applied this feedback to my presentation (the third and final step).

Bottom line: The interview process is not easy but I found it to be a welcome challenge. They actually let you prove yourself. And, if you’re not up for an intense interview process, that’s probably a sign.

Interview Questions

• Completing a content analysis on data I had never seen in four hours.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Watertown, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview, along with a written case study. The hiring process was very smooth and fast.

Community Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. I came in for 1 round with 3 people for 30 minutes each and then another round with a presentation. I found everyone to be easy to talk to and the questions were not repetitive. I enjoyed giving the presentation. I also got to meet my boss in the process, which I think is an important step.

The one thing that I found frustrating was the wait time in between the two interviews. The recruiter kept promising to call me back and let me know the status, but it took about a month before he did. It was stressful because I had other offers on the table.

Community Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with HR (about 20 mins) - asked basic questions about my resume, experience etc. Although I didn't have much market research experience, I still got the second interview (which is strange in retrospect, given how important this is for the job). The second phase is an in person interview with a director level person and Community Mgrs I and II ( all individual, one-on-ones and half-hour each). They mostly ask about your experience, why you want to work in Market Research - have pointed out some specific questions below. This was followed by a written survey/client email test for 45 mins. The written test had me write a response email to a customer query and design a 10-question basic survey in response to the presented case. It wasn't very complicated, but you have to be quick since you have 45 mins to do this. I didn't get past this stage, but after this, they send you consumer insight over email and you have to make a presentation within a week and send it back to them. That's the last phase of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about Communispace?   1 Answer
    • In the personal interviews, one of the questions I was asked was what would I do if I come in one day and there is a report due, an immediate client call and another management disaster. What would I do?   1 Answer
    • They wanted me to convince them why I was trying to do market research when my background was really in journalism and strategic communications (I guess failed to do that). The Community Mgr II seemed to be asking questions specifically to intimidate or confuse - it didn't work but just beware.   Answer Question
    • Every market research firm provides insight - what makes Communispace special?   1 Answer
    • What system would you use Excel versus something else? They also asked if I had read the case studies and to talk about which one I found striking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C Space (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with and HR rep who was extremely friendly and believed my past experience would translate well to the associate role. Told me that there would be a follow up in a couple of weeks. It's been over two months and after a handful of emails asking if I am still being considered...dead silence on their end. If this is how potential employees are treated by C Space, I can't imagine how actual employees are treated. Very unprofessional on their part.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you identify with? What brand do you not identify with?   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm disappointed to hear your feedback, but I thank you for sharing. It's been an incredibly busy hiring period and while we strive to communicate with candidates in a timely fashion, it's very clear... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C Space (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and super helpful, then had a 2.5 hour interview with four people who were all nice and I believed it went very well. However, I didn't hear anything back for two weeks until I reached out to the recruiter, who responded by giving me an assignment and asking for a writing sample, then proceeding to tell me that we needed to schedule another meeting with two of the employees I had already met.

Well, I sent my writing sample and did not hear anything back at all. Literally nothing, I mean if you are going to waste almost two months of my time start to finish then at least tell me I didn't get the job.

Makes you wonder how they treat their employees if they don't even have common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you are afraid of and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Easily the most human and stress free interview process I have ever had. The recruitment team answered every email by the end of the day, were often the ones to initiate check-in updates, and worked 24-7 to answer questions and offer assistance. Felt like they were much more interested in who I was and what inspired me, rather than having me justify my qualifications or flatter the "reputation" of the company.

I may not have gotten the gig, but they have definitely reshaped how I view interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C Space (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Would not recommend. I applied early April, completed a phone screen within a week, and was invited in for an in person interview a few days later. The in-person interview went really well and I really enjoyed talking with the four individuals they had me interview with. Everything was going quickly but after I came in for the in person interview, in mid-April, I didn't hear anything for weeks. They were not very communicative and finally, in late May, let me know that they were looking for someone at a more junior level (the posting as for an associate role, but they said that they would likely have hired me at the next level up). I feel like they probably had to have known that they were not interested in changing the level of the job posting pretty early on, so continuing to not give mean answer for two months seems pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, why was I interested in C-Space, that sort of thing.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking time to share your experience. The nature of client business presents ever changing business needs and oftentimes directly impacts our hiring needs. We try to flex and be... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C Space (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR by email and a phone screening was set up. Passed the phone screening and was given an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 4 30minute interviews with consultants and the director. Heard back from HR a week later. They emailed me saying they had the team's decision and wanted to set up a time to speak. I assumed I had gotten the position because typically a company would just email you 'no'. Anyway, HR called at our set up time and told me I did not receive the job. Nonetheless, it was a good experience.